Ok for those of you that care to do this it worked for me on 3 devices now.

Quicklaunch reset works...

The problem is when you do the OS upgrade to .230 it is taught to do a backup and restore to not lose any information...Here is the problem.

You can't use the backup cause of a difference in the settings going from 4.7 to 5.0...

How I fixed it...

I did a google sync on my device (which is now avail. to download from google. Just got it again today on 5.0)

Sync your contacts and calenders...
    Reload .230...
    Only put your contacts and calender back on your storm...
    From there its pretty easy...Just load your apps back on and you are good to go...
    Quicklaunch reset will work...

That is the reason some people say it works and other say it doesn't...There is a difference in the way they loaded. Took me about 1 hour to get it all going agian and was worth every bit of the time to do it...

It also made a few other things run smoother so over all it well worth the time...

Good Luck

Mike

P.S. I posted this in another thread but thought everyone would like to see it.
    10-08-09 10:12 PM
    thing is that mine works somtimes and not others and i just used the normal install with restore. Its seems hit and miss no matter what
    10-08-09 10:14 PM
    Well the one thing I can say for sure is that it did not work at all for me on my 3 devices and after doing a clean install on all three it has been working non stop for more than 4 days without any problems...
    10-08-09 10:16 PM
    I will give it a try...and as soon as I do...288 leaks!!
    Wonder if that would fix other apps...like Stop Tilt?
    Last edited by lainsauto; 10-09-09 at 05:14 AM.
    10-09-09 05:10 AM
    Install google search ql reset works everytime.
    10-09-09 06:10 AM
    I will give it a try...and as soon as I do...288 leaks!!
    Wonder if that would fix other apps...like Stop Tilt?
    i can tell you that quick launch lock tilt works
    10-09-09 05:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD