Just letting everyone know that QuickLaunch for the 83xx series was released today.

QuickLaunch gives you shortcuts to your most used functions on your phone and also launches 3rd party apps and a lot more.

for more info go here: NikkiSoft makers of QuickLaunch BlackBerry Storm App Launcher

Thanks.
    03-14-09 08:19 PM
    This Program is absolutely AWESOME!!!!
    03-15-09 11:35 AM
    Dont you guys think BBSmart Shortcut is much better ??

BBSmart - BBSmart Shortcuts
    03-15-09 11:53 AM
    I'm trying to decide which I like better.......LaunchPads, QuickLaunch or BBSmart Shortcuts.

BBSmart Shortcuts never really caught on with me. Love LaunchPads and just got the trial for QuickLaunch and I'm very impressed.
    03-15-09 12:49 PM
    Dont you guys think BBSmart Shortcut is much better ??

BBSmart - BBSmart Shortcuts
    Quicklaunch looks a lot cleaner and simpler to me and I don't see anything that Smart Shortcuts can do and not Quicklaunch. - check out the google and wiki search function straight from the QL menu (no page launches first, just type the search word into the QL pop up window...) Does shortcuts do that?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-15-09 12:59 PM
    When will the update for Bold be released?
    03-15-09 01:31 PM
    This app on my 8310 rocks -much simpler UI than other shortcut apps. Just about makes searching for (or making) the perfect theme obsolete. A few home screen icons in combination with QuickLaunch and you're all set.
    03-15-09 01:35 PM
    When will the update for Bold be released?
    Hi. The Bold update will be released between 7-10 days. Sorry for the delay.
    03-15-09 10:09 PM
    This app on my 8310 rocks -much simpler UI than other shortcut apps. Just about makes searching for (or making) the perfect theme obsolete. A few home screen icons in combination with QuickLaunch and you're all set.
    I agree, I had 12 icons on my bb homescreen b4 I got this, now I have 6 (I would only use 4 but I like having my weather app on the front screen, so I added another app to make it an even 3 on each side
    messages Facebook

sms&mms Accuweather

BB Messanger Freerange

Everything else I use QL for!

I have Launchpads, and the developer hasn't updated in like 3 months and there are apps that wont work with it (sprint tv, freerange, ebuddy) and its less user friendly

BB Shortcuts is OK but its not a popup like QL which makes the program so great!!!!

AND YOU GET GOOGLE & WIKI SEARCH INCLUDED!!!!!!!

Best Launcher out there hands down!!!!! Great Job Cheetahace
    03-15-09 10:49 PM
    Thanks. Since January, which is when QL was released, QuickLaunch has been continually updated so that trend will continue.
    03-15-09 11:17 PM
    I agree, I had 12 icons on my bb homescreen b4 I got this, now I have 6 (I would only use 4 but I like having my weather app on the front screen, so I added another app to make it an even 3 on each side
    messages Facebook

sms&mms Accuweather

BB Messanger Freerange

Everything else I use QL for!

I have Launchpads, and the developer hasn't updated in like 3 months and there are apps that wont work with it (sprint tv, freerange, ebuddy) and its less user friendly

BB Shortcuts is OK but its not a popup like QL which makes the program so great!!!!

AND YOU GET GOOGLE & WIKI SEARCH INCLUDED!!!!!!!

Best Launcher out there hands down!!!!! Great Job Cheetahace
    Just a FYI, I am able to get my Sprint TV, Sprint GPS, NFL Mobile and all sorts of other programs to work with ease with QL in case you were wondering if it would work.
    03-16-09 12:12 AM
    Thank you. i was wondering. I'll add these to my 'known working' list on my site.
    03-16-09 12:36 AM
    I'm trying to decide which I like better.......LaunchPads, QuickLaunch or BBSmart Shortcuts.

BBSmart Shortcuts never really caught on with me. Love LaunchPads and just got the trial for QuickLaunch and I'm very impressed.
    Let me make it easy for you....Quick Launch! I have both of the honorable mentions, and don't even have them installed.
    03-16-09 01:47 PM
    Just a FYI, I am able to get my Sprint TV, Sprint GPS, NFL Mobile and all sorts of other programs to work with ease with QL in case you were wondering if it would work.
    Yep, I know, I was saying that It works on QL not on Launchpads

Just something I saw on a fairly new app called shortcutberry is that you can multiclick your convenience keys to open up different programs! It also boast that it has the ability to turn on the flash as a flashlight (haven't figured how to do so yet) and its able to see all the programs installed when you go to add programs to the shortcuts

I've been testing out the shortcutberry app for the last few days and even though the multiclicking is a very nice feature, Cheetah I like the UI on QL much better, but I figure I'd throw out a few *wink wink* tips at ya
    03-17-09 06:21 PM
    Yep, I know, I was saying that It works on QL not on Launchpads
    Ack, my apologies for my misunderstanding.
    03-17-09 08:16 PM
    I just installed and have fallen in love with this app ,It gives me that WM feel I miss.

Throw some mini icons into the mix and I will pay 10bucs for this app lol..no joke
    Last edited by Slingbox; 03-17-09 at 11:15 PM.
    03-17-09 10:25 PM
    nice screenshot. thanks. mind if i use that?
    03-17-09 11:31 PM
    nice screenshot. thanks. mind if i use that?
    Sure , go ahead.
    Last edited by Slingbox; 03-18-09 at 12:33 PM. Reason: edit pic pull
    03-18-09 12:16 AM
    Quicklaunch is a MUST HAVE for any BB!!

I have it on my Bold and have set the left easy button to bring up my QL which has all of the apps that I use. For those of you who don't know, you can also set shortcuts in your QL to do things like "email mom" or "call home"... AMAZING!!!

I recommend highly!
    03-18-09 12:31 AM
    Quicklaunch is a MUST HAVE for any BB!!

I have it on my Bold and have set the left easy button to bring up my QL which has all of the apps that I use. For those of you who don't know, you can also set shortcuts in your QL to do things like "email mom" or "call home"... AMAZING!!!

I recommend highly!
    I agree 100% ,This app gives so much for very little money and works as advertised.
    Im buying a few more copy's of this app for friends and family.
    Last edited by Slingbox; 03-18-09 at 12:49 AM.
    03-18-09 12:41 AM
    I just installed and have fallen in love with this app ,It gives me that WM feel I miss.

Throw some mini icons into the mix and I will pay 10bucs for this app lol..no joke
    I was thinking the same thing when I first came across this app Sling. The drop-down menu is one of the features I had missed coming from WM. Definitely a must have app & have recommended to every BB user I know.

03-18-09 12:49 AM
    This is a good idea - I would like it myself, the only problem would be which icons to use. Personally I only use themes with the precision icons as I think they're sharp and modern etc... I hate the stock dimension/iphone/winmo/google icons etc and so it would make QL perfect (IMO) if the precision icons were used but really spoil it (for me) if another icon set was used.
    That's just me, there'll be someone along in a minute who will like it the other way round....

Now if the icons were theme dependant and took the same as the theme then that would solve the prob, but I'm not a developer/programmer so dunno if this is possible...?

Last edited by DD1968; 03-18-09 at 01:28 PM.
    03-18-09 01:59 AM
    i waaaaaaaaaant but dont have paypal
    03-18-09 03:18 AM
    i waaaaaaaaaant but dont have paypal
    Er... Sign up for a paypal account?? :-)

03-18-09 04:09 AM
    Is there an OTA for the trial version?

03-18-09 12:24 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD