Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By chautime
  • 1 Post By Tater Tots
  • 1 Post By Tater Tots
  • 1 Post By Jaji_vzw8330
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Quicklaunch items cut off and overlapping

Having a problem with the 9900 and quicklaunch. The quicklaunch menu is not expanding to accommodate the items. The time and date at the top of the menu are running into each other (overlap) and the item names are cut off on the right. Functionality does not appear to be affected but it's visually bad. Any ideas?

Bold 9900
    OS 7.0.0.576
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,259 Global Posts
    PIN
    PINned to The Shepherd!

Quote Originally Posted by chautime View Post
    Having a problem with the 9900 and quicklaunch. The quicklaunch menu is not expanding to accommodate the items. The time and date at the top of the menu are running into each other (overlap) and the item names are cut off on the right. Functionality does not appear to be affected but it's visually bad. Any ideas?

Bold 9900
    OS 7.0.0.576
    I use QL on my 9810 and have never had that issue, but I'll take a couple of guesses that may bring results.

1) On my 9810, QL is never more than 2/3 of the screen length. If yours is all the way to the bottom, maybe try eliminating a few items?

2) I don't use wallpaper for the menu. Do you? If so, maybe try it without?

I hope one of those helps.
    More thoughts at Bill's Spiritual Musings. http://www.bills-musings.com
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

I think I have the wrong version. I originally purchased it for my 9700 and it was perfect, never had a problem. When I got the 9900, I got new activation codes through Mobihand. The thing was that I could not change the software version. So the download provided was for the 9700. I'm working with their tech folks now. Thanks.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,339 Global Posts
    PIN
    Director of The Anti-Special Needs Posting Unit,,!!!

I had simular issues. Go to BBAW and get the newest version. Yeah I know it sucks and the vendor told me it goes on sale once in awhile.

It does have some really neat features now. Wallpaper rotation, even with BeWeather, and Shake to Launch.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

So get this....

1. Quicklaunch support asks what version I have
    2. I reply that I have 3.7.3
    3. They tell me I have to upgrade to ver 4 for $$$ to get it to work with OS7
    4. I do a quick search and find out I don't need ver 4. So I tell them I don't need to upgrade and I also tell them I'm surprised they directed me straight to the upgrade $$
    5. They tell me, and I quote -- "ok i'll send you a link later. don't come crying to me when it doesnt work correctly though."
    6. I say WOW and thank you and that it sounds like they don't stand behind their products. If they want to tell me the benefits of upgrading, I'll listen and that it would be a more professional way to deal with loyal customers.
    7. They respond, and I quote, "i dont appreciate the crap you sent me in the previous email."
    8. I respond - Keep your link, your attitude and have yourself a wonderful day.

A pet peeve of mine is greedy and rude developers that wouldn't know how to deal with customers if their life depended on it. Well, I say to them, good riddance -- folks like them don't survive very long anyhow. I've wasted too much time on them already.

Anyone have suggestions on a good alternative to Quicklaunch?
    bharuch7282 likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    v6.0.0.668

I switched to Shortcutme.
    CrackBerry Addict

Default Quicklaunch items cut off and overlapping

Why you should get V4:

. Add any QuickLaunch Item to Universal Search!
    . Larger Font option
    . Automatic Wallpaper Cycler
    . Shake Launch - Launch an item by Shaking your phone!
    . Mobile Hotspot Toggle
    . NFC Toggle
    . Center Menu - QL menu can be placed Center, Left or Right
    . Display Battery % in menu
    . Menu Animation - Fade / Zoom
    . Alarm and Stopwatch Shortcuts
    . Alarm Toggle
    . Mobile Connections Toggle
    . Bug fixes
    . BB File Picker Integration
    . Lock Device
    . Change Sounds and Alerts shortcut
    . Visual Voice Mail
    . Redesigned Options screen
    . Bridge and Bridge Toggle
    . More Apps appear in add list
    . Current Shortcuts button added to options screen
    . Time, Notifications, Battery and signal shown in titlebar in all screens
    . Other cosmetic/functional changes
    Thanked by:
    kraski (02-14-2012) 
    kraski likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,259 Global Posts
    PIN
    PINned to The Shepherd!

So get this....

4. I do a quick search and find out I don't need ver 4. So I tell them I don't need to upgrade and I also tell them I'm surprised they directed me straight to the upgrade $$
    5. They tell me, and I quote -- "ok i'll send you a link later. don't come crying to me when it doesnt work correctly though."
    6. I say WOW and thank you and that it sounds like they don't stand behind their products. If they want to tell me the benefits of upgrading, I'll listen and that it would be a more professional way to deal with loyal customers.
    7. They respond, and I quote, "i dont appreciate the crap you sent me in the previous email."

A pet peeve of mine is greedy and rude developers that wouldn't know how to deal with customers if their life depended on it. Well, I say to them, good riddance -- folks like them don't survive very long anyhow. I've wasted too much time on them already.

There's an old saying that you attract more flies with honey than you do with vinegar. The "flies" in this case being favorable responses from the developer. Your reaction makes me glad I'm not a developer. Tater Tots already gave a list of reasons for using version 4 instead of earlier versions. I'd suggest that your search indicating that earlier versions work properly with OS7 is flawed, but I'm not sure you'd believe me. But there were quite a few knowledgeable people who had issues on OS7 when using earlier versions. So, the developers updated and added more features. For me, QuickLaunch works better than the alternatives -- especially with the added features in version 4. Enough that, despite being between jobs, it was worth paying for the upgrade. I hope you find the right app for you.
    More thoughts at Bill's Spiritual Musings. http://www.bills-musings.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    PM for PIN

So get this....

Pretty much the same response I got when I asked a question, "go buy the upgrade".........Oh well I am just not using their app anymore. It is easy enough to launch all the apps I use the "normal" way without paying for an upgrade I don't really need. Nice PR from a developer that has received such high regard on this forum.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

Quote Originally Posted by kraski View Post
    There's an old saying that you attract more flies with honey than you do with vinegar. The "flies" in this case being favorable responses from the developer. Your reaction makes me glad I'm not a developer. Tater Tots already gave a list of reasons for using version 4 instead of earlier versions. I'd suggest that your search indicating that earlier versions work properly with OS7 is flawed, but I'm not sure you'd believe me. But there were quite a few knowledgeable people who had issues on OS7 when using earlier versions. So, the developers updated and added more features. For me, QuickLaunch works better than the alternatives -- especially with the added features in version 4. Enough that, despite being between jobs, it was worth paying for the upgrade. I hope you find the right app for you.
    Thanks for your POV. The list of features from Tater Tots was great but was clearly after my discussion with the developer. I guess I'm not opposed to paying for upgrades. I feel the appropriate response from the developer should have been something super simple like...

Here's a link to the last free version that might work for you. Please note that many users have reported issues with this version on OS7 so we have addressed those and added many new features in version 4, which is a paid upgrade. Some features include (insert Tater Tots list). Should you have issues with the free version upgrade, please consider the paid upgrade. Thanks.

I guess that was too much to ask. There are other alternatives so I'll be looking elsewhere to take my few bucks.

Again, just a pet peeve when people have such a non-chalant attitude toward customers. No biggie, I'll live.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    PIN
    ask !!!!!!!!

So get this....

8. I respond - Keep your link, your attitu

the best option is shortcutme you will never look back trust me i had the similar kind of experience with QL support they are rude for sure
    CrackBerry Addict

Well, I have worked with the developers with their QuickWeather app testing it out, and have had no trouble with the customer support, as for shortcutme, there's many things that QL can do that shortcutme can't.
    Thanked by:
    kraski (02-14-2012) 
    kraski likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,339 Global Posts
    PIN
    Director of The Anti-Special Needs Posting Unit,,!!!

I didn't have any gripes paying for the update since the program gets updated so often and has worked so well for me during the last 3 years.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

So get this....

dumb. well that's one way to represent your side of the story. funny how you didnt post what you wrote exactly. and that's why you got the response you did. no regrets here. good riddance.
    QuickLaunch - App Launcher + Many Utilties - 2011 Best App, 2010 Best OS Enhancement App, 2009 Best Productivity App
    QuickWeather - Weather Widget for your homescreen!
    QuickFind - Gps Radar, Car Finder, Topo Maps, Voice Turn by Turn Directions
    NikkiSoft - http://www.nikkisoft.com
    - Don't settle for imitations
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #15  

Went with Shortcutme. Asked the developer if they had a trial version but unfortunately they didn't. Given that I appear sensitive to developer replies, I have to give this developer a big thumbs up on the couple emails I got. Clearly someone who understands the value of customer service. The app seems to work well for me so far. Definitely more complicated than Quicklaunch but also appears to have more features. I'm looking forward to work with the macros. Not looking back in any way, shape or form at Quicklaunch.
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by bharuch7282 View Post
    the best option is shortcutme you will never look back trust me i had the similar kind of experience with QL support they are rude for sure
    +1.

Being rude is one thing, but not having any regret is another thing.
    CrackBerry User

So get this....

With blackberry 7 on a 9900, you don't need quicklaunch or an alternative.
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    eapple EXPress

Cheetah Ace (QL developer) has proven time and time again on this site that he is an a-hole. I would never buy a product from him. Glad I got a pirated copy because he doesn't deserve a penny from me.
    bharuch7282 likes this.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,095 Global Posts
    PIN
    its hexadecimal ...

Quote Originally Posted by olblueyez View Post
    I didn't have any gripes paying for the update since the program gets updated so often and has worked so well for me during the last 3 years.
    + 1 ... I too paid them the small upgrade $$$ to go from my 9780 device having ver 3 to the 9900, thus am now using ver 4.2

smooth running, no glitches and excellent support ... what more can u ask for ...

best of all is the timed reboot feature ... mine's in the middle of the night - haha !!
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by Jaji_vzw8330 View Post
    Cheetah Ace (QL developer) has proven time and time again on this site that he is an a-hole. I would never buy a product from him. Glad I got a pirated copy because he doesn't deserve a penny from me.
    +1.

I was shocked seeing him posting big pictures of his ugly app in the thread owned by another developer (Advance OS and LED).
    QL developer is a shame, so are these people who support his rude behavior.
    CrackBerry User

Quicklaunch developer goes mad again on customers

See this:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...matter-729536/
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    PIN
    ask !!!!!!!!

So get this....

shortcutme
    CrackBerry User

You should notice that QL guys are again out on the forum trying to disqualify other apps using the same ugly tricks as the QL developer did: They now claim that Advance OS & LED is draining battery!
    I don't know when these guys will learn and stop lying.