Quicklaunch items cut off and overlapping
Having a problem with the 9900 and quicklaunch. The quicklaunch menu is not expanding to accommodate the items. The time and date at the top of the menu are running into each other (overlap) and the item names are cut off on the right. Functionality does not appear to be affected but it's visually bad. Any ideas?
- 02-12-12, 05:24 PM #2
1) On my 9810, QL is never more than 2/3 of the screen length. If yours is all the way to the bottom, maybe try eliminating a few items?
2) I don't use wallpaper for the menu. Do you? If so, maybe try it without?
I hope one of those helps.
I think I have the wrong version. I originally purchased it for my 9700 and it was perfect, never had a problem. When I got the 9900, I got new activation codes through Mobihand. The thing was that I could not change the software version. So the download provided was for the 9700. I'm working with their tech folks now. Thanks.
- 02-12-12, 07:50 PM #4
I had simular issues. Go to BBAW and get the newest version. Yeah I know it sucks and the vendor told me it goes on sale once in awhile.
It does have some really neat features now. Wallpaper rotation, even with BeWeather, and Shake to Launch.
So get this....
1. Quicklaunch support asks what version I have
2. I reply that I have 3.7.3
3. They tell me I have to upgrade to ver 4 for $$$ to get it to work with OS7
4. I do a quick search and find out I don't need ver 4. So I tell them I don't need to upgrade and I also tell them I'm surprised they directed me straight to the upgrade $$
5. They tell me, and I quote -- "ok i'll send you a link later. don't come crying to me when it doesnt work correctly though."
6. I say WOW and thank you and that it sounds like they don't stand behind their products. If they want to tell me the benefits of upgrading, I'll listen and that it would be a more professional way to deal with loyal customers.
7. They respond, and I quote, "i dont appreciate the crap you sent me in the previous email."
8. I respond - Keep your link, your attitude and have yourself a wonderful day.
A pet peeve of mine is greedy and rude developers that wouldn't know how to deal with customers if their life depended on it. Well, I say to them, good riddance -- folks like them don't survive very long anyhow. I've wasted too much time on them already.
Anyone have suggestions on a good alternative to Quicklaunch?
- 02-14-12, 07:13 AM #7
Quicklaunch items cut off and overlapping
Why you should get V4:
. Add any QuickLaunch Item to Universal Search!
. Larger Font option
. Automatic Wallpaper Cycler
. Shake Launch - Launch an item by Shaking your phone!
. Mobile Hotspot Toggle
. NFC Toggle
. Center Menu - QL menu can be placed Center, Left or Right
. Display Battery % in menu
. Menu Animation - Fade / Zoom
. Alarm and Stopwatch Shortcuts
. Alarm Toggle
. Mobile Connections Toggle
. Bug fixes
. BB File Picker Integration
. Lock Device
. Change Sounds and Alerts shortcut
. Visual Voice Mail
. Redesigned Options screen
. Bridge and Bridge Toggle
. More Apps appear in add list
. Current Shortcuts button added to options screen
. Time, Notifications, Battery and signal shown in titlebar in all screens
. Other cosmetic/functional changes
- 02-14-12, 11:54 AM #8
- 02-14-12, 11:55 AM #9
Here's a link to the last free version that might work for you. Please note that many users have reported issues with this version on OS7 so we have addressed those and added many new features in version 4, which is a paid upgrade. Some features include (insert Tater Tots list). Should you have issues with the free version upgrade, please consider the paid upgrade. Thanks.
I guess that was too much to ask. There are other alternatives so I'll be looking elsewhere to take my few bucks.
Again, just a pet peeve when people have such a non-chalant attitude toward customers. No biggie, I'll live.
- 02-14-12, 04:53 PM #12
Well, I have worked with the developers with their QuickWeather app testing it out, and have had no trouble with the customer support, as for shortcutme, there's many things that QL can do that shortcutme can't.
Went with Shortcutme. Asked the developer if they had a trial version but unfortunately they didn't. Given that I appear sensitive to developer replies, I have to give this developer a big thumbs up on the couple emails I got. Clearly someone who understands the value of customer service. The app seems to work well for me so far. Definitely more complicated than Quicklaunch but also appears to have more features. I'm looking forward to work with the macros. Not looking back in any way, shape or form at Quicklaunch.
- 03-25-12, 12:22 PM #19
smooth running, no glitches and excellent support ... what more can u ask for ...
best of all is the timed reboot feature ... mine's in the middle of the night - haha !!
- 06-11-12, 10:02 PM #21
- 08-04-12, 08:58 AM #23