Greetings Folks,

Since the Sunday release of QuickLaunch, Nikkisoft has been kindly inundated with features requests.

Nikkisoft is extremely grateful for all the positive feedback received over the last few days and in an effort to coordinate all the great ideas on features for future upgrades, we thought we would start a Features Thread to consolidate all the information.

Where/when possible, we will keep a running list in this OP.

Please feel free to share you ideas for QuickLaunch here in this thread. Please not that a request posted here does not, in any way, ensure that the feature will be integrated into a future upgrade of QL.

Thanks Much!

Enable Launchers For:
    * Media
    * Music
    * BB Browser
    * Call Log Specific
    * VVM
    *Playlists
    *Folders (i.e for emails/musics/pictures)
    *Manage Connections x4

3rd Party Apps to Add:
    *AIM
    *Storm Level Pro
    *Voice Dialing
    *YIM

Function:
    * Center QuickLaunch at the top
    * Eliminate the 2 or 3 pixel scrolling when unneccessary
    * Create a callout feature so that the highlighted item is called out to the left of the QuickLaunch list (in blue?)
    * Allow functionality to place QL list on the left OR the right of the screen
    * Build functionality to allow selection of all Apps/Programs on phone rather than having to run it in the background
    *an option to the blackberry button to select the first item on the list (instead of the button bringing up the options).
    *I turn my bluetooth on and off all day long as needed. I "think" it should help on battery drain. I can't figure out how
    to add the "Manage Connections" as a QuickLaunch item - even though I know the associated filename.
    *I would like an option that would clear all the "new or bold" items in the messages folder....
    *a second call out menu
    *How about when you add a url, the page opens in opera, not the bb browser. Make a default browser you want to use on your phone.
    *Include seperators so you can have segments to the list. Or you can allow users to change the text color for certain items?
    *Playlist quick find - allow me to easily open the media play, open the play all songs, or open a playlist. This would be perfect for those that use this for media as well
    *Bookmark integration - allow us to choose bookmarks that we already have instead of typing the URL from scratch. I udnerstand copy.paste works here, but this is fast and easy
    *Enable fast switching between sound modes? Not sure if this is easy, but would be nice when not on the home screen
    *Allow users to put alternative text instead of "QuickLaunch" in the top of the menu
    *Little icons as others have mentioned - optional but again helps breakdown a large list
    *Link to the "manage connections" help menu for those that travel frequently and have to turn off their radio
    *Quick access to speed dial list?
    *how about deleating text and emails love the clear caller log
    Last edited by Rooster; 01-28-09 at 08:25 PM.
    01-27-09 11:58 AM
    Thanks, Rooster. (and the rest of the CBT)

Enable Launchers:
    • Media
    • Music
    • BB Browser
    • Call Log Specific
    • VVM

Totally stealing from other people's posts that I remember seeing: (Great ideas by the way)

• Center QuickLaunch at the top
    • Eliminate the 2 or 3 pixel scrolling when unneccessary
    • Create a callout feature so that the highlighted item is called out to the left of the QuickLaunch list (in blue?)
    • Allow functionality to place QL list on the left OR the right of the screen
    • Build functionality to allow selection of all Apps/Programs on phone rather than having to run it in the background
    Last edited by limjelo; 01-27-09 at 12:32 PM.
    01-27-09 12:01 PM
    Not really a feature request, but more of a word of caution when the QL team looks at the feature requests...adding features is good, but remember that the program is QuickLaunch. So I just want to caution you against adding so many features that the program is no longer quick. Keep up the good work!
    01-27-09 12:11 PM
    I know it's a minor issue, but an option to the blackberry button to select the first item on the list (instead of the button bringing up the options). Similar to being able to tab the bb button twice to send a sms.

The options could be added as an item later on down the list perhaps.

Thought process: Once a user gets QL customized how they would like initially, much more time is going to be spent launching apps and much less time will be spent customizing it. I think it would be easier to use the bb button to launch the highlighted option. Saves people time moving fingers and also avoids mistakes when clicking down.

Just an idea. Thanks!

-Dan
    01-27-09 12:23 PM
    I turn my bluetooth on and off all day long as needed. I "think" it should help on battery drain. I can't figure out how to add the "Manage Connections" as a QuickLaunch item - even though I know the associated filename.

Any ideas....

BTW, I LOVE THIS APP! THanks.
    01-27-09 12:24 PM
    I would love to add Manage Connections to the QL menu.
    01-27-09 01:38 PM
    I turn my bluetooth on and off all day long as needed. I "think" it should help on battery drain. I can't figure out how to add the "Manage Connections" as a QuickLaunch item - even though I know the associated filename.

Any ideas....

BTW, I LOVE THIS APP! THanks.
    if bluetooth is all ur concerned about, there is an "add bluetooth" option in the generic add items folder for quicklaunch.

that will let you toggle bluetooth on and off, but does not bring up manage connections
    01-27-09 02:00 PM
    I would like an option that would clear all the "new or bold" items in the messages folder....
    01-27-09 02:02 PM
    Launch specific email folders. Would really help us Outlook Rules users.

thanks,

Jim
    01-27-09 02:28 PM
    Since many people are using the left convenience key for QL rathar than the default voice dialiing, it would be great to be able to add voice dialing to QL.
    01-27-09 02:31 PM
    I would like to see the BB browser, Media, and the other Instant Messengers be compatible with QuickLaunch.

I would also like to have a separate one for SMS/MMS instead of having to go through Messages. I have my messages and SMS/MMS separated
    01-27-09 02:32 PM
    Would like to see a second call out menu. IE on the main menu you would have "Calls" when pressed it a list of contacts would be on a second menu that you can choose. This would be helpful for calls and sms messages instead of having all calls and sms on the main menu..
    01-27-09 02:58 PM
    I would love to add Manage Connections to the QL menu.
    I second this and very important with all the Bluetooth bugs and leaked OS's.

Thanks Rooster!
    01-27-09 03:07 PM
    Yeah, manage connections is important to me too since I work in a part of my building that has zero reception and turn the radio on/off several times a day to save battery life.
    01-27-09 03:18 PM
    separators/dividers would be nice... i think :}
    01-27-09 03:44 PM
    I would like an option that would clear all the "new or bold" items in the messages folder....
    To take this a step further, I would like a one step delete for all my read emails.
    01-27-09 03:56 PM
    Thanks, Rooster. (and the rest of the CBT)

Enable Launchers:
    • VVM

If you mean the Verizon VVM, it already works with QL I have it in my list.
    01-27-09 04:18 PM
    I'd like to see a link to SMS/MMS inbox, unless I'm just really awful and there's a way to get there now.
    01-27-09 04:20 PM

I'm not too keen on this request. I would rather have it at the bottom closer to the thumb for efficiency and convenience.

Having the option of having the QL menu on either side helps both left and right hand users.
    01-27-09 04:27 PM
    Make it so you can addd profiles to QL So i can quickly turn on silent all mode!

plus the ability to add space between entries to make them easier to hit the right one. maybe like a pixel option.
    01-27-09 04:57 PM
    If you mean the Verizon VVM, it already works with QL I have it in my list.

Good to know. I swear I read that it wouldn't work so I didn't bother checking to see if it did.

thanks!
    01-27-09 05:07 PM

I'm not too keen on this request. I would rather have it at the bottom closer to the thumb for efficiency and convenience.

Having the option of having the QL menu on either side helps both left and right hand users.

It was meant to say, "Center the Word QuickLaunch at the top of the QuickLaunch Box, regardless of where the Box resides."

01-27-09 05:08 PM
    ok, i'm using it right now. I bought it yesterday. Great app, thanks, etc...

My own idea:
    Instead of scrolling up or down, I would have 'tabs' or pages that a person could flick through. Right now, i only have to scroll down 2 items in portrait, but that's mainly because I don't want to add too many things and make it scroll forever.
    If I could flick left/right (or even up down) to get to a different page, then I could sort apps by phone/SMS, games, and other apps... or however I wanted. That's kinda how the G1 works, right? It has different 'home screens'. Its also how the XBOX 360 dashboard and PS3 xbar work.
    Tabs that a person could select might also be a viable option instead of flicking, but I'm not sure how big they'd have to be to work.

I support having it dockable on left or right side, even though I only use it on the right.

I also support the request to have the highlighted item outside the box to the left (or right) to make it slightly easier to figure out what you're selecting
    Last edited by rimbuk; 01-27-09 at 05:31 PM.
    01-27-09 05:28 PM
    ok, i'm using it right now. I bought it yesterday. Great app, thanks, etc...

My own idea:
    Instead of scrolling up or down, I would have 'tabs' or pages that a person could flick through. Right now, i only have to scroll down 2 items in portrait, but that's mainly because I don't want to add too many things and make it scroll forever.
    If I could flick left/right (or even up down) to get to a different page, then I could sort apps by phone/SMS, games, and other apps... or however I wanted. That's kinda how the G1 works, right? It has different 'home screens'. Its also how the XBOX 360 dashboard and PS3 xbar work.
    Tabs that a person could select might also be a viable option instead of flicking, but I'm not sure how big they'd have to be to work.

I support having it dockable on left or right side, even though I only use it on the right.

I also support the request to have the highlighted item outside the box to the left (or right) to make it slightly easier to figure out what you're selecting
    I agree with this man if its a possibility this app would look n be majorly kick a.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-09 06:43 PM
    Also question how will we know if n whe. The update isout. Maybe a check for update feature on ql if possible.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-09 06:45 PM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD