I installed Quicklaunch on my new Sprint Tour, and added BB Messenger to the menu. It now won't let me send any BB Messenger messages. I wiped the handset, started over and everything was fine. Installed the software again, and lo and behold, its broken again.

Is anyone else having this problem? Is there any way I can get my $ back for it?
    11-28-09 03:19 PM
    have you tried to send ace a e-mail ?, or posting your issues in the tour thread here on cb you may get a faster, personal response from ace so he may try to help you w ur issues
    11-28-09 04:25 PM
    I installed Quicklaunch on my new Sprint Tour, and added BB Messenger to the menu. It now won't let me send any BB Messenger messages. I wiped the handset, started over and everything was fine. Installed the software again, and lo and behold, its broken again.

Is anyone else having this problem? Is there any way I can get my $ back for it?
    I had the same problem and I found out after hours of testing it was the BBM/QL combo.

Are you running the 5.0 beta or hybrid for the Tour? I am and I did not try the official version.

If you uninstall QL and reboot, you will be fine. You can even reinstall it but do not link to the BBM and all is fine. Everything else seems to work.
    11-28-09 05:03 PM
    bbm5 will be supported in the next update of quicklaunch. 1 week or so
    11-28-09 09:47 PM
    That's weird. I'm running 5.0.238, bbm and quicklaunch and its never had any issues...

Dm

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-28-09 10:17 PM
    I'm running the base operating system, no beta or hybrid.
    11-29-09 12:28 PM
    In case you didn't know, CheetahAce that posted above is the developer - so you can believe him!

Also, there are 2 other ways to quick-access BBM built right into your Tour.

The first is the App Switcher. Holding down MENU from any screen opens it, and BBM is one of 5 Apps permanently there.

The second works from your Home Screen and App Screen only. From your Phone App go into the Options. Turn Dialing from Home Screen to Off.
    Now you have to press your green SEND button before dialing a call, but you have a dozen or so new Home Screen Shortcuts including N for BBM, M for Messages, B for Browser, etc.
    (Remember the Shortcuts work by clicking them. Holding the keys longer still works for your Speed Dial list.)

11-29-09 02:36 PM
    I appreciate the help Elite1, but accessing Blackberry Messenger wasn't the problem. It wasn't working. I'm going to try to reload quicklaunch (I just did an upgrade to a Hybrid) and will see how it behaves now.
    12-01-09 08:56 PM
    I appreciate the help Elite1, but accessing Blackberry Messenger wasn't the problem. It wasn't working. I'm going to try to reload quicklaunch (I just did an upgrade to a Hybrid) and will see how it behaves now.
    Ok I get that now. When you referred to "the software" I wasn't sure if you meant QL or BBM. Makes sense now.

Anyway, the point was still that you really don't need to waste space in QL on BBM as it has native shortcuts already.

I hope QL works for you after your re-load.

If not, PM CheetahAce for some more direct assistance.
    12-01-09 10:21 PM
    That's weird. I'm running 5.0.238, bbm and quicklaunch and its never had any issues...

Dm

odd. i'm running hybrid too & i can't get it to work. i actually am running into another problem. app works other than giving me this weird line when i scroll down the list. i've uninstalled & reinstalled etc. nothin. oh well, that's what i get for running hybrid i suppose.
    12-01-09 10:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD