can you post screen shots of that exact process please?
    08-27-09 09:43 PM
    can you only do the switch through manage connections? there is no other way on the device? not through options menu?
    I would think that a 2G/3G Toggle could work like the bluetooth toggle if you go to Options:
    Mobile Network is the 13th entry in my Options; then Network Mode (which allows 3G & 2G OR 2G only) is the 3rd entry

Last edited by tellsells; 08-27-09 at 09:59 PM.
    08-27-09 09:49 PM
    08-27-09 09:51 PM
    awesome. thx.
    so this is currently only available for the bold?
    will other devices have this capability or is it tied to carrier or what?
    08-27-09 09:55 PM
    Yes. (I believe that Bold is currently the only BB device with 3G)
    08-27-09 10:00 PM
    ok. i'll add it in a couple of days.
    08-27-09 10:04 PM
    Thank you soo much.
    08-27-09 10:07 PM
    ok. i'll add it in a couple of days.
    You, once again (this is like the 200th time now), are awesome!!!
    08-27-09 11:24 PM
    I've been away from BlackBerry for a few months and just got a Bold back today. QuickLaunch was my favorite app before and it's even better now!

I'm trying to add everything to my menus, but I can't seem to find a way to add Visual Voicemail. Is that an option that I'm just missing, or will be it be added in a future release?
    08-27-09 11:37 PM
    VVM is not in the menu yet. Prob because it became available after this update was finished.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-09 07:10 AM
    I guess the new update isn't available on Blackberry Apps world yet, is it? Has anyone got it from there yet? Sorry for being a pain but I love my QuickLaunch on my Bold!! The most useful software so far!!!
    08-28-09 08:37 AM
    I guess the new update isn't available on Blackberry Apps world yet, is it? Has anyone got it from there yet? Sorry for being a pain but I love my QuickLaunch on my Bold!! The most useful software so far!!!
    This was addressed in the very first post

08-28-09 10:59 AM
    Sorry, I didn't see it! I guess I'll have to wait.
    Thanks anyway!!
    08-28-09 11:06 AM
    tell me more about this "stay lit" function. I don't see it when I go to add application. How do I turn it on?

AHAH! Now I see, it's a stand alone function. Is there anyway to link it to another app? Like a macro? I would like to have this turn on when I use my ereader.

TIA
    Dave
    Last edited by dmarcus48; 08-28-09 at 04:29 PM.
    08-28-09 03:34 PM
    I'm also having problems with the bt toggle. On my device the parameters are 7,4. When I set it up, and choose the option, I see the option screen, and I see bluetooth highlighted, and then the Bold freezes. I have to do a battery pull to do anything else. And yes I've double checked and 7,4 is the correct parameter. This brings up a potential problem. What happens when you're using these features and you install something that changes the bluetooth position in the options list?
    08-28-09 03:54 PM
    in order to fix freezing i had to manualy change permissions for QL to allow all for everything. i had freezing before doing this aswell.

however i have a new problem with bluetooth toggle if i have music playing and want to toggle BT the sequence is different. i would need to set up a new macro for when i have music playing. i assume that this is a limitation of the software at this point otherwise i'm sure they would have BT toggle done the same way as wireless.
    08-28-09 04:56 PM
    Thank u sherb12!!!!!!!!! Mine too was freezing when I did the bt toggle.

09-02-09 07:17 AM
    Yup that did it for me too! THANKS
    09-02-09 08:37 AM
    Any idea when this update is going to be available on the Blackberry Apps World?
    09-05-09 01:38 AM
    Is there a trial?
    09-05-09 02:25 AM
    Any idea when this update is going to be available on the Blackberry Apps World?
    It usually takes between 7 to 14 days for it to be picked up by the blackberry app world. I have found recently that its more closer to 14 days from the initial release.
    09-05-09 03:14 AM
    It used to 7 days to get up on app world, then it was 5 days for a while now it seems closer to 14. App world told me they are working on making it closer to 5 days but since they've said that it has gotten longer in fact. Also, one thing you might not know about which also s*ks about app world is that your app world client does not display new content as soon as it's available. (unless they've changed this recently). When an app is updated is on app world existing customers wont see it until their app world 'refreshes' with is 4-7 days. People who dont own the app see the update on their app world immediately but existing customers wont see it for a few more days. Nice feature huh? Rim says customers must wipe their device to see updates immediately.
    No, i'm not suggesting to wipe your device. Just letting people know what they are getting into when they buy an app from app world.
    Anyway, the update has got to be appearing on app world soon as it's been over a week now.
    09-05-09 12:04 PM
    I am currently running quicklaunch v2.08 on my bold and I received an email from appworld that an upgrade for v2.12 is available.
    However, when I click on the link and I try to upgrade I get the message "quicklaunch is not available for download from appworld"
    Now I've seen on CB that we should avoid appworld like the plague but unfortunately appworld seems to be one of the only options for me offering paypal.
    Help?

10-04-09 09:31 AM
    Here is what you have to do to 'fix' cr*p world:

you must do the following exactly:
    1) uninstall QuickLaunch and ALL App World paid apps you have on your phone.
    2) uninstall App World
    3) pull the battery for a FULL 30 seconds
    4) download and install the LATEST App World Client

then perform the following to clear the app world cache:
    a. Go to My World
    b1. For keyboard-based BB's -- Hold down the ALT key and press "RST"
    b2. For Storm -- Hold the num-lock ("!?123") button so it locks and then hit "34("
    c. If your BB locks after issuing the cache clear, perform a battery pull reboot

5) go to My World
    6) login to My World with your paypal email you used when purchasing
    7) after your apps have been reconciled the activation code will be displayed on the right under the file size. it's 4 or 5 digits

Often you have to do this procedure twice.

If that doesnt work then you must go here, fill out the form and have them fix your account.
    https://www.blackberry.com/CSOHelp/index.do?ft=generic
    10-04-09 12:27 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD