On my 9650 trying to use QuickLaunch's bluetooth toggle feature actually toggles the wifi on/off. I've tried contacting the developer to no avail. Anyone else figure out a workaround to this issue?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-10 07:13 PM
    I believe this is a known issue. I saw a thread about it a while back and recall someone contacting Nikkisoft and being told that a fix was hopefully going to be provided around mid-July. (Yes, around now.)

As of now, I haven't seen a new version of QuickLaunch with the fix. An alternate solution is to use QuickLaunch to start the Manage Connections tool where you can turn on/off Bluetooth. It's not as quick as the Bluetooth toggle, but it's a good workaround until we get the fix.

Hope that helps. Good luck!
    07-15-10 08:03 PM
    I noticed that too. I can't seem to get the GPS toggle to work, either. And yeah, like RVVillesis said, you can just use the Manage Connections application, but it's an extra step or two...no biggie.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-10 11:51 PM
    I contacted the developer back on father's day after getting my bold all set up with my apps. I was told two weeks for a fix, obviously that's not the case.
    07-16-10 07:03 AM
    I contacted the developer back on father's day after getting my bold all set up with my apps. I was told two weeks for a fix, obviously that's not the case.
    They told me 2 weeks too at the end of June. I saw they had people testing a new release within the past week or two - must be they're still working on the release.
    07-16-10 07:39 AM
    They told me 2 weeks too at the end of June. I saw they had people testing a new release within the past week or two - must be they're still working on the release.
    I think that beta was limited to Storm2 users
    07-16-10 07:42 AM
    it was for storm 2 users.

although he has made some progress with higher 5.0 builds and i think he will be updating the rest of the phone models soon
    07-16-10 07:59 AM
    I hope he leaves the "old" BT Toggle in and renames it "Wi-fi Toggle"....

And UnityDivides, did you just upgrade to your 9650 from a diff device? I upgraded to my Bold from a 9360 and my GPS toggle didn't work at first either. I think there was an additional line item in the options screens so I had to reset the parameters for the GPS toggle. Works fine now.....
    07-16-10 08:14 AM
    I hope he leaves the "old" BT Toggle in and renames it "Wi-fi Toggle"....

And UnityDivides, did you just upgrade to your 9650 from a diff device? I upgraded to my Bold from a 9360 and my GPS toggle didn't work at first either. I think there was an additional line item in the options screens so I had to reset the parameters for the GPS toggle. Works fine now.....
    Yes, I did. But I didn't use the GPS toggle on my old device, so I was using the Bold's parameters when I tried it, not the 8330's. I had to upgrade to the 5.0 QuickLaunch, anyway.
    07-16-10 06:25 PM
    I really hope I am wrong, but wondering if anyone else gets the feeling that Nikkisoft is losing a bit of intrest in in updating QL? It seems like we use to see very quick bug fixes and such, however recently it seems like they are very few and far between.

I really hope I am wrong, as Quick Launch is one of favorite and most used pieces of software.

Your thoughts?
    07-16-10 07:05 PM
    I really hope I am wrong, but wondering if anyone else gets the feeling that Nikkisoft is losing a bit of intrest in in updating QL? It seems like we use to see very quick bug fixes and such, however recently it seems like they are very few and far between.

I really hope I am wrong, as Quick Launch is one of favorite and most used pieces of software.

Your thoughts?
    I kind of got that feeling too. Don't know if I'd buy from Nikkisoft again.
    07-16-10 07:09 PM
    I kind of got that feeling too. Don't know if I'd buy from Nikkisoft again.
    Fine. Later for you then.

or perhaps I've been busy working day and night 7 days a week on some new features that have been taking more time than the last 50 updates I've released.
    07-16-10 07:14 PM
    Thanks, Cheetah. I am very pleased to hear that QL is alive and well! Looking forward to whatever you have in the wroks.
    07-16-10 07:27 PM
    very alive. good stuff coming. 9650 update in a few days. mayyyyyybe.
    actually i ~lost~ the code to the 9650 when i switched to a new dev machine so i've had to recreate it while simultaneously working on new features. not fun.
    07-16-10 07:38 PM
    Fine. Later for you then.

or perhaps I've been busy working day and night 7 days a week on some new features that have been taking more time than the last 50 updates I've released.
    Good to hear, I'm anxiously awaiting the update.
    07-16-10 07:42 PM
    very alive. good stuff coming. 9650 update in a few days. mayyyyyybe.
    actually i ~lost~ the code to the 9650 when i switched to a new dev machine so i've had to recreate it while simultaneously working on new features. not fun.
    I hope you find that 9650 code! I am really looking forward to the 9650 update. Thanks!!

Are you able to tell us anything about Quick Find??
    07-16-10 11:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD