I'm brand new to Blackberry and just purchased a 9650. In going thru the wonderful Crackberry tutorials I came across the Quicklaunch video. Is this an app that would be useful to a beginner in the world of Blackberry, or would you consider it more for the advanced user. Thanks for your input!
    I agree with all the posters here....this is truly an app that increases efficiency. The key though is knowing what all the app can do for you and how to make it do so.

IMO to hear the rave reviews is one thing, but to actually set it up so that it is efficient is quite another....especially for a new BB user.

CheetahAce has a post in this forum section about QuickLaunch along with screenshots and links to the website. The videos are helpful as well.

Thanks
    02-08-11 09:55 PM
    Here's a thread with a bunch of nice QL wallpapers if you need some: http://forums.crackberry.com/f123/wa...launch-445082/
    Last edited by CheetahAce; 02-08-11 at 10:22 PM.
    02-08-11 10:09 PM
    Is there a way to use another key to open QL instead of the right or left convenience buttons?
    02-09-11 06:54 PM
    I have not found a theme yet for OS6 that allows me to open QL with the spacebar. Anybody know of any? I tried the one the rryoung posted above and set QL to spacebar but it does not work. any suggestions?
    02-10-11 03:07 PM
    spacebar QL has nothing to do with a theme. do a search
    02-10-11 03:28 PM
    QL says you must disable call from home screen. Which I still haven't found out how to do it.
    02-10-11 03:33 PM
    I think disable call from home screen only applies to OS5. On OS6 you can choose to have your keyboard from homescreen set to universal search or have it set for app shortcuts. I have OS6 and currently have my keyboard set for app shortcuts so I can use the spacebar to open quicklaunch. I wish there was a way to keep the keyboard set for universal search and still have the spacebar be able to open quicklaunch.
    02-10-11 05:19 PM
    I figured it out. While I was eating a slice of PMS pizza, I hit the spacebar twice. Would you think it works now.

Thanks.
    02-10-11 06:26 PM
    Check out the QuickLaunch update. I now have a shortcut to universal search and the auto fill feature is great!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Now that I also have OS6 prince, i set a shortcut in my QL with uni search too!
    02-10-11 06:33 PM
    os5 - dial from homescreen
    os6 - launch by typing
    02-10-11 10:29 PM
    Downloaded the 3.7 version and it fubared the first time. Cleared it out, redownloaded it fresh, ran the Restore feature, and I was back in business in seconds. The Back-up feature was one of the main reasons I started using QL again. The Tour version of 3.7 is working flawlessly on my Style, now, after I rearranged my sound profile changer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-10-11 10:40 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD