02-23-11 02:36 AM
    Just purchased this app after hearing about how useful it is.

Is there anything I should set first once I get this app?
    02-23-11 05:20 AM
    Just purchased this app after hearing about how useful it is.

Is there anything I should set first once I get this app?
    Yes, it was a bit tricky when I first bought it I was lost of where to start:

First, go to Options > Display > Home Screen Preferences > Launch By Typing, set that to Application Shortcuts

This will enable you to launch quick launch by pressing the spacebar on your keyboard, no need to place the icon on your home screen to save a space for another icon.

Next, click on the QuickLaunch Icon, then click on Application, then choose the application you want to add to your list. Then click the back arrow on your BB, then choose Save.

Repeat the above step many times till you add all the applications you want including functions like Flashlight and device reboot.

When you launch the flashlight, you will notice that there is no light coming from the BB, so hit the menu button your BB, then go to options, then set the Video Light to ON

Feel free to expirement with adding short cuts like applications, websites, etc.

Now, open the QL Options, and scroll down to the AutoFill Entries, hit the menu button your BB, then select ADD, then put a title like USERNAME, then in the text field, put your username. Continue doing the same for many entries that you frequently type on websites (emails, passwords, etc)

When you are in a website or any text field, hit the menu button, then QL AUTO FILL fro the top, then select the field you want to insert

Finally, when you are anywhere on your BB and want to capture a screenshot, just hit the BB Menu button, and select QL Screen Capture.

This should give you a good start to start enjoying your QuickLaunch application. No more hitting the menu button to access apps, folders, options, etc.
    02-23-11 05:43 AM
    I bought 2 extra copies for my GF's 9780 and for my mom's 8520

This is a steal that I am not willing to waste
    02-23-11 08:11 AM
    Have not used QL since I got Style.

Waiting for the version that will be compatible with it.
    02-23-11 08:41 AM
    Did you contact CheetahAce and see when is the Style version due for release?
    02-23-11 08:44 AM
    Did you contact CheetahAce and see when is the Style version due for release?
    In December he said January.
    I don't know what the hold up is. Probably he is waiting for RIM to release a SDK.

Or not enough Style users.
    02-23-11 08:46 AM
    what a shame

Hope he releases it soon.
    02-23-11 08:49 AM
    GREAT App! And the sale is still going on.
    02-23-11 08:52 AM
    This is a great app, even at full price. Half off? Everyone should be jumping on this!!
    02-23-11 10:27 AM

According to the app description, the Style is one of the phones it works on.

At Matrix:

How did you purchase QL for other devices? I've been trying to do that for my fiancee.
    02-23-11 11:31 AM
    According to the app description, the Style is one of the phones it works on.

At Matrix:

How did you purchase QL for other devices? I've been trying to do that for my fiancee.

Check your PM
    02-23-11 11:42 AM
    I've been waiting for this to come back on Deal of the Day. Jumped on it first thing this morning!
    02-23-11 01:18 PM

Currently using 3.7 Tour/Bold version of QuickLaunch on BlackBerry Style with great success. Everything has worked so far.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-23-11 01:45 PM
    this app is a MUST HAVE! it makes functioning so easy with the tap of a 'space bar'

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-23-11 01:48 PM
    QL for Style:

Although it is listed as a compatible device on the product description, when I go to purchase the app, I get a list of devices to select from for the correct version, and Style is not an option offered.

I bought it a month ago and did not work, and sent an email to Cheetah and he confirmed that the Style version is not out yet.

So I think the situation is the same. No QL for Style.
    02-23-11 03:24 PM
    This is a must have app! Thnx!
    02-24-11 09:17 PM
    Do yourself a favor and get this app.
    Lots of features.
    Good Luck
    02-24-11 10:23 PM
    Discount over guys....congrats whoever got this at the discounted price

I have 3 copies of this now.
    02-25-11 12:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD