This has to be the most functional/versatile app in appworld. I know it is $4.99, but it is so worth it IMO.

Heck, just having the tilt lock feature is worth the $4.99 to me. Not to mention the dictionary.com and Wikipedia direct links. Throw in the Device Log and Screen Capture features and it really makes this a must have app for the S2.

If you don't have it yet, go get it as it will make your S2 experience that much better.

Now.....where is my free advertising bonus lol.
    11-03-09 10:44 AM
    This was the First app I jumped on when I got the S2. Berry Buzz is my recommendation!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-09 10:47 AM
    I totally agree whoever makes this program is constantly doing updates and adding functionality constantly. it has screen capture, flashlight, stop tilt, keep backlight on, and camera mute + many other things it truly is a fantastic program and one of the first I purchased on my S1
    11-03-09 10:53 AM
    I downloaded this. Still figuring it out. I added everything to it today and I cannot get any of my sms to pop up when I pull them up from QL. I just pulled QL up and it froze my s2 up. I just had to pull the battery. I am sure it was just a coincidence. I had pulled up calls and websites all day with it. Very slick app. I like having things easy to get to. I hate to admit it. I am on the road a lot driving and need to take care of a lot of phone calls then and I cannot be scrolling through hundreds of contacts etc.

So what am I doing wrong on the SMS? Why can I not text from this???? I LOVEEE it other than that!
    Last edited by Summiebee; 11-03-09 at 11:05 AM.
    11-03-09 11:03 AM
    I love QuickLaunch, and I also use Shortcut_Me. Both very good programs (I use them differently... Shortcut_me allows you to configure your side keys for multiple clicks... i.e. 3 clicks of the right side key can be configured to start the camera, while 4 clicks would bring up your weather app). Up to 6 configurable clicks (2,3,4 clicks on both the right hand key and the left hand key).

But Quicklaunch is also great! Camera mute, temp, QL stop tilt, etc... So worth $4.99 (worth much more, but I like the price, as opposed to $20.00 programs that are really only worth $0.99.....)

Cheers,
    B.D.
    11-03-09 11:07 AM
    +1 for QL, awesome app thats well worth the $. It has a reset feature too, love it!
    11-03-09 11:09 AM
    Quicklaunch is the best storm app there is.

Had it on my s1 and it was the first app I picked up for my storm 2

11-03-09 11:32 AM
    i can not get the reset feature to work on my s2 anyone else having this problem?
    11-03-09 11:44 AM
    I downloaded this. Still figuring it out. I added everything to it today and I cannot get any of my sms to pop up when I pull them up from QL. I just pulled QL up and it froze my s2 up. I just had to pull the battery. I am sure it was just a coincidence. I had pulled up calls and websites all day with it. Very slick app. I like having things easy to get to. I hate to admit it. I am on the road a lot driving and need to take care of a lot of phone calls then and I cannot be scrolling through hundreds of contacts etc.

So what am I doing wrong on the SMS? Why can I not text from this???? I LOVEEE it other than that!
    There's another thread that is covering this issue, think it's called "SMS Locking Up", and they make no mention of Quicklaunch being the reason. So I think it's probably the OS, especially since one of the replies to that thread mentioned having problems related to the 5.0 OS. Works fine for the Tour. Although, I am using 4.7.

@joryoung, FYI... Nikkiesoft is the company that develops it and CheetahAce is the Crackberry member that is the developer.
    11-03-09 11:44 AM
    There's another thread that is covering this issue, think it's called "SMS Locking Up", and they make no mention of Quicklaunch being the reason. So I think it's probably the OS, especially since one of the replies to that thread mentioned having problems related to the 5.0 OS. Works fine for the Tour. Although, I am using 4.7.

@joryoung, FYI... Nikkiesoft is the company that develops it and CheetahAce is the Crackberry member that is the developer.

I'm sorry. I didn't make my question very clear. My bad .
    I found that thread during a search. My issue is only during QL though. I have no issues any other times with my SMS locking up. It just will not pull up an sms screen when I click on sms amy or sms bob etc ec from the quick launch screen that pops up. it will pull up my call bob call amy etc etc and any websites I have saved via QL. It just will not sms text someone from QL.
    11-03-09 11:55 AM
    Quicklaunch is the app I use the most. It's very functional and definitely saves time. I read about a couple of fixes in other forums.

1. SMS problem....under QL options select "Check for Update". The app will update OTA and it will correct this problem. Mine works perfectly know.

2. Reset Device...on the Storm go to Options>Applications>Select "Core" from the drop down list>highlight Email Setup Application>BB Key>edit Default Permissions>set all to allow. I don't know why this works but it does in most cases.

With these fixes the app has never disappointed me.
    11-03-09 12:16 PM
    i can not get the reset feature to work on my s2 anyone else having this problem?
    it doesn't work for me too!!
    11-03-09 01:09 PM
    Quicklaunch is the app I use the most. It's very functional and definitely saves time. I read about a couple of fixes in other forums.

1. SMS problem....under QL options select "Check for Update". The app will update OTA and it will correct this problem. Mine works perfectly know.

2. Reset Device...on the Storm go to Options>Applications>Select "Core" from the drop down list>highlight Email Setup Application>BB Key>edit Default Permissions>set all to allow. I don't know why this works but it does in most cases.

Thanks this workaround, uh works for me. Not that I have had to reboot this device.
    11-03-09 01:42 PM

RIM broke sms launching for 3rd party apps. If you purchased
    QL from a store other than app world use the check for update function in ql options. v2.15.1 fixes the issue for sms to contact

Edit: OOPS. already answered. sorry.
    Last edited by CheetahAce; 11-03-09 at 01:53 PM.
    11-03-09 01:47 PM
    QL is my absolute favorite app! It makes the phone so much better! I'm getting ready to make the jump to S2 and this app will be the first download for sure.
    11-03-09 01:48 PM
    it doesn't work for me too!!
    check "security time reset" when editing permissions. if grayed out like mine is, means your IT person has it limited (BES only).
    11-03-09 05:28 PM
    It had an update the next day and I did it and it works! Thanks everyone! it was uberannoying! Love it now!!!! My fav app so far!!!!
    11-06-09 10:46 PM
    ql ftw..................

11-07-09 12:30 AM
    I'm using Quick Launch Build 2.15.3 and when I try to use the delete call log feature it does not work. This is on my Storm2 with OS 5.0.0.320. Is anyone else having this problem or can anyone help me out with this.

Other then this the program rocks! Had 3 diffirent BB's and had QL on all of them becasue the program just keeps getting better and better.
    11-07-09 02:58 AM

Be very careful with this workaround. I read in another thread that by doing this, you are basically leaving your phones/RIM's security features completely wide open.

11-07-09 06:37 AM
    I have a question regarding one of the features with QuickLaunch.

The Bluetooth Toggle function. On the Storm2, when I select it, it turns the Wi-Fi on and off instead of Bluetooth. Is this because it hasn't been updated for the Storm and is selecting where Bluetooth shows up under the original Storm? The Wi-Fi toggle works flawlessly though. At first I thought maybe they did the other by accident but just Bluetooth Toggle is messed up.

Also, is there a way to put Tilt Lock on the Quicklaunch menu instead of just the System Menu? Or to change the delay on Screen Capture? Customization is always nice :-D

Great app though, loving it so far.
    11-07-09 08:28 AM
    I'm using Quick Launch Build 2.15.3 and when I try to use the delete call log feature it does not work. This is on my Storm2 with OS 5.0.0.320. Is anyone else having this problem or can anyone help me out with this.

Other then this the program rocks! Had 3 diffirent BB's and had QL on all of them becasue the program just keeps getting better and better.

Rim broke the call log api's in 5.0. I havent figured out a fix for it yet. it just doesn't work on 5.0. i might have to remove the function until they fix it.
    11-07-09 12:22 PM
    what version of quicklaunch do you have?
    what does your manage connections look like?

I have a question regarding one of the features with QuickLaunch.

The Bluetooth Toggle function. On the Storm2, when I select it, it turns the Wi-Fi on and off instead of Bluetooth. Is this because it hasn't been updated for the Storm and is selecting where Bluetooth shows up under the original Storm? The Wi-Fi toggle works flawlessly though. At first I thought maybe they did the other by accident but just Bluetooth Toggle is messed up.

Also, is there a way to put Tilt Lock on the Quicklaunch menu instead of just the System Menu? Or to change the delay on Screen Capture? Customization is always nice :-D

Great app though, loving it so far.
    11-07-09 12:23 PM
    The latest through its update through the ql options.

My manage connections has mobile network first followed by wifi then bluetooth

11-07-09 01:08 PM
    HELP!

Mine did too after i hit the check for updates last night. So i updated. Now the BT Toggle, toggles the Wifi.
    11-07-09 01:20 PM
87 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD