I Justed updated to the new Quicklaunch 2.12 and I have to say I am impressed. I'm running .230 and the new features work.
    Of the new features that I tried are the Soft Reset and Screen Capture.
    It even displays the weather now.
    09-21-09 08:29 PM
    Not for me. The left side seems to cut off as I scroll. Still works but looks really weird.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-21-09 11:40 PM
    you seriously got the soft reset to work?

09-21-09 11:59 PM
    Not for me. The left side seems to cut off as I scroll. Still works but looks really weird.

The screen is a bug in .230. I sometimes get portrait in landscape and vice versa.
    Are you using the device reset option built into QL? Not quickpull or soft reset. You don't need them.

09-22-09 08:51 AM
    The screen is a bug in .230. I sometimes get portrait in landscape and vice versa.
    Are you using the device reset option built into QL? Not quickpull or soft reset. You don't need them.

There has already been a long discussion about this. The fact is that it works for some people but not for everyone. Nobody knows why. It didn't work for me.
    09-22-09 09:04 AM

On the bright side, if you have a backup with flicker fix enabled, this doesn't happen. Cheetah will release an update that is going to enable us to enable it in OS 5.0 (you can toggle the checkbox right now, but it won't save).
    09-22-09 09:22 AM
    Try the right side. Works for me

09-22-09 09:44 AM
    Try the right side. Works for me

Right side has no problem... I do prefer having it on the left side since the convenience button there is harder to press than it's right side variant, that I keep hitting by accident.
    09-22-09 09:45 AM
    Using 2.12.2 (full version) on the right side with no problems. Just did a reset 5 minutes ago
    09-22-09 10:38 AM
    you seriously got the soft reset to work?

I just got mine to work. Like other people have said, you need to make sure that the permissions are set to allow. I changed my default permissions to allow for all apps.

If you are on BPS/ BES, then follow these steps to be able to make them all to Allow, rather than custom.

I just check the BPS/ BES settings. There was in fact a policy set up to deny access to the Security Timer. Once this is changed, it will allow you to set all of the permissions to all. This allowed me to make the changes to the permissions for QuickLaunch and allowed me to use Reset device option.

For those that need it, in BPS/BES go into the policy that is currently enabled on the user (for us it's the Default policy). Select "Security Policy Group>Scroll to "Allow Resetting of Idle Timer"Change the default value to True. Next push the updated policy to the device/ user and it will allow that person to change the default policy!
    09-22-09 12:47 PM
    No problems at all with 5.0.0.230. No need for Flicker fix, either. Works great.
    09-22-09 12:55 PM
    I like having the menu on the right side with the left hard key set to enable it. This way when I click the left side, my bug hands don't cover up any of the menu since it's on the right.

Keeping the menu on the right seems likea small price to pay to get the app to work.
    09-22-09 01:30 PM
    I have QL 2.12 running on .230 and my soft reset worked the first time that I tried it, but hasn't worked since. I think it's wierd that it only worked once. I would think if it worked once it would work every time.
    09-22-09 03:16 PM
    I cant use quicklaunch to open the clock anymore, im using .230 anyone else havin this issue?
    09-22-09 11:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD