Install new ql

Battery pull

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-22-09 12:09 AM
    Noticed that reset doesn't do anything with 2.15 and 9530/5.0.0.323

10-22-09 12:38 AM
    From another thread...

To get the "Reset Device" to work on QL, go to Applications>Core>Email Set Up (or any other one actually)> BB>Edit Default Permissions and set all of them to "Allow". You may have to go over to 3rd Party>QuickLaunch and do the same thing. I checked all of my apps and set the permissions to "Allow" and Disabled Compatability Mode and everything's working much better now.

This doesn't work for Meterberry, unfortunately.
    Last edited by PossumPete; 10-22-09 at 08:47 AM.
    10-22-09 08:28 AM
    From another thread...

To get the "Reset Device" to work on QL, go to Applications>Core>Email Set Up (or any other one actually)> BB>Edit Default Permissions and set all of them to "Allow". You may have to go over to 3rd Party>QuickLaunch and do the same thing. I checked all of my apps and set the permissions to "Allow" and Disabled Compatability Mode and everything's working much better now.

This doesn't work for Meterberry, unfortunately.
    I've tried this, everything is set to allow except:

Interactions - Security Timer Reset, this is set to Deny and grayed out, not sure why, could it be due to me being setup on BES?
    10-22-09 09:08 AM

I was wondering whether we could have an option to popup the keyboard? I now know that we can set a convenience key for it, but I don't want to loose a convenience key for this...
    11-23-09 09:09 AM
    Hey all. this may have been covered in another thread but I dont have time to sift....when I do a reset or battery pull, my QL options reset. I have to go to the menu and set up again. All my QL items stay intact, even new ones I added right before the reset. But like font style, tilt lock to menu and the like all get reset. I backup and restore but should it really do this? Thanks.
    11-24-09 06:07 AM
    Hey all. this may have been covered in another thread but I dont have time to sift....when I do a reset or battery pull, my QL options reset. I have to go to the menu and set up again. All my QL items stay intact, even new ones I added right before the reset. But like font style, tilt lock to menu and the like all get reset. I backup and restore but should it really do this? Thanks.
    I don't have to do a battery pull too often since 5.0. But when I do, my QL options say. Are you on the newest version? Also, you should probably check the permissions of the program. It's recommended that you give it full permissions. Even if you decide not to do this, you do need to give it permission to quite a lot in order for it to work as expected.
    11-24-09 10:40 AM
    Sounds like you either dont have permissions set or you possibly downloaded the wrong versions for you phone.
    11-24-09 11:36 AM
    Im running 2.15.7 on a S1 with .328.

Speaking of permissions, when I dl'd this version, it seemed there were 500 'allow' screens that popped up. I just clicked allow until it went away. Tried the dont show toggle and it still popped up.

Had to do a BP last night (put in dock for the night and it locked) and this morning I notice my settings are back to OEM.

And yes, I agree, since 5.0/.328, my memory has been stable, no need to reset.
    11-25-09 05:35 AM
    Didn't do much of a search on this, but is there any way to open my SMS/MMS messages list with the newest version of QL?

I remember being able to do it with a very older version but none of the newer ones...
    11-26-09 09:12 PM
    Not launching Pandora again since the 1.1.2.1 update.

11-29-09 09:59 AM
    Not launching Pandora again since the 1.1.2.1 update.

Did you take it out of your QL list and then add it back to it? That seems to be a common issue with updated apps. QL recognizes software by the version numbers, if these numbers change QL no longer knows where to locate the apps.

Try it and report back.
    11-29-09 10:20 AM
    Did you take it out of your QL list and then add it back to it? That seems to be a common issue with updated apps. QL recognizes software by the version numbers, if these numbers change QL no longer knows where to locate the apps.

Try it and report back.
    Yeah, that works. Thanks. Kinda sucks to have to do it that way though. Never had this problem before.
    11-29-09 12:36 PM
    This is necessary because pandora's different versions work differently.
    So you have to re-add it so that QL can determine launching scheme to use for it.
    11-29-09 01:50 PM
    Yeah, that works. Thanks. Kinda sucks to have to do it that way though. Never had this problem before.
    Not a problem.
    11-29-09 02:33 PM
    Still want to know if there's a way to open my SMS/MMS messages through QL? All I see is the compose new SMS feature...

11-30-09 03:05 PM
    Still want to know if there's a way to open my SMS/MMS messages through QL? All I see is the compose new SMS feature...

I've been asking for weeks with no response from anyone...

The best Solution I've made up was add the people that I text most or text me the most to BBM via cell number. This way, I can have everyones texts in one place. It looks cooler too lol.
    12-01-09 12:59 AM
    ^
    I could have but forgot to answer that question. No, you can't open sms/mms messages from ql.
    12-01-09 01:27 AM
    Google Talk does not show up in the application list..Does QL not show all apps installed on the BB Storm?
    12-01-09 10:51 AM
    I've been asking for weeks with no response from anyone...

The best Solution I've made up was add the people that I text most or text me the most to BBM via cell number. This way, I can have everyones texts in one place. It looks cooler too lol.
    Sounds like a good idea, but I like to have my notifications separate; as far as the icons for new messages go.

Wouldn't then all new texts from those ppl show up as a bbmessage instead of an sms notification-wise?
    12-03-09 06:14 PM
    Sounds like a good idea, but I like to have my notifications separate; as far as the icons for new messages go.

Wouldn't then all new texts from those ppl show up as a bbmessage instead of an sms notification-wise?
    yes, texts ONLY from those people that I added would show up in BBM. I still will get an SMS from someone I dont talk to much, so their messages show up in SMS, but it will show up in BBM as a BBM icon message if someone I added sends me a text. You get used to it, and its better than exiting that program just to see who the text is from.
    12-04-09 12:58 PM
    I just shrunk .328 and reinstalled all my 3rd party apps. It seems that QL doesn't recognize any of them to add though. I deleted and reinstalled QL with the latest version. I did a restore but it still won't add or recognize any apps (such as Score mobile, Capture it, Flycast,etc). Any ideas of what I'm doing wrong?
    12-08-09 09:27 AM
922 ... 353637
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD