QuickLaunch 2.0 for the 83xx series is now available!

After quite a delay QL 2.0 (v2.08) has finally been released. Faster, easier, more flexible, possessing more functionality than previous versions with an attractive, intuitive interface that doesn't require a manual to understand, QuickLaunch maintains it's must-have status.

New Features in 2.0:

. Backup / Restore to .txt file

No more lost menu configurations when upgrading your OS. The Menu List, Options and Activation Code can now be stored in a .txt on your SDCard and easily and reliably restored. Use this function for backup as QuickLaunch no longer 'supports' backup / restore via Desktop Manager.

. Built-in Screen Capture function
    QuickLaunch now includes it's own screen capture capability generating a high quality image. After the image is taken you have the option of immediately emailing it.

. Integrated Google, Wikipedia and Dictionary.com search
    Performing these searches are now quicker using QuickLaunch.

. Create Custom Submenus
    Now you can organize your list in categories. You can even have submenus within submenus. Submenus can be opened by clicking on them or highlighting them and using the the trackball right/left to open / back out of them.

. More apps and functions to Add
    In addition to the greater number of applications now supported by QL 2.0 there are now more 'standard' QL functions that you can add including:
    New Appointment, Compose Email, Compose PIN, Compose SMS, New Contact,
    and New Task.

. Display Current Temperature
    You can now display your local temperature (or just about any other city in the world) and Hi/Lo forecast information in the title bar.

QuickLaunch does not run in the background and the weather information is retrieved only when you run QL.

2.0 weather was tested in 4 European countries, 2 asian countries, Australia, South Africa and the U.S and worked with all networks tested. However it is possible that someone might have a network configuration that is not immediately supported. If this is the case, find your carrier's APN (Access Point Name) via google or directly from your carrier and enter that information in home, options, advanced, tcp/ip. That should take care of almost all networks in the world. If you can't display weather after that, send me an email and I will determine your settings and get you set up.

. Yahoo Weather
    This item is in the Add Application section and when selected will display weather info obtained from yahoo weather in your browser according your location setting in QL Options.

. Add Items Alphabetically
    Enable this option to add menu items in alphabetical order

. Easier Setup with Installed Applications List
    To add an app no longer requires you to first have the app running. Just pick from the list

. Volume Button Scrolling
    You can now set the volume buttons to enable item by item scrolling up/down or page up/down.

. 3 Font sizes
    Small, medium and large

. System Menu Integration
    This option will allow you to add QL to the BlackBerry system menu a la 'CaptureIt'. An added bonus of this feature is that now QL can be run on top of some apps that it previously wasn't able to in the past such as Opera Mini.

Keyboard Shortcuts
    You can now configure shortcuts for menu items

. Improved Performance
    Yes, it launches items noticeably faster than before.

[IMG]

Watch the QuickLaunch 2.0 HD Demo Video by WJD Designs:
    (QL icon also by WJD Design Studio)

Price:
    Previous owners who've purchased on or after April 1st: Free
    Previous owners who've purchased before April 1st: $1.99
    New Customers: $4.99

QL 2.0 has been submitted to RIM for inclusion in App World but they have a 4 -7 day approval time so customers who have purchased there will have to wait until it's approved. Sorry about that.

2.0 will require a new PIN.
    Installation Procedure:
    1) Remove the old version from your blackberry
    2) go to your account page on mobihand.com by clicking on support, my account
    3) click "buy an upgrade."
    4) Mobihand will ask you to enter your email address. Enter the email address you used when you first purchased the product.
    5) If you are eliblble for upgrade, it will ask you if you to upgrade at $1.99.
    6) Click "add to cart" and it will add it to your cart. If you are eligible for a free upgrade, it will add it for free.
    7) Check out.

The mobihand servers will most likely be a little busy during the first few hours of release so don't panic if you can't connect to the server. Just keep trying. You'll get it eventually.

Update emails will come sometime tomorrow but you can update now.
    On Mobihand / CB Appstore the version # listed on the description page still says "1.4" however if you download you will in fact receive 2.08.

Any issues / bugs found in the first release will be taken care of immediately. If you have a problem email me at nikkisoft dot support at g mail.

Many thanks to the beta testers for their hard work and support.

For more information regarding QuickLaunch go to NikkiSoft - makers of QuickLaunch BlackBerry Shortcuts and App Launcher
    Last edited by CheetahAce; 06-22-09 at 01:56 AM.
    06-21-09 07:33 PM
    Jesus christ and I just bought an old version this morning from app world...after spending quite some time trying to sift thru and see what versions work on the 8330 I gave up.

Wasted $5. Sheesh

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-21-09 08:02 PM
    Wasted? That's an interesting way of looking at it.
    06-21-09 08:18 PM
    Hi cheetah.
    I just downloaded the upgrade from the crackberry store but I didn't get a new key. And the app won't accept my old one.
    What should I do about this?

06-21-09 08:50 PM
    It isn't giving me the "Buy an Upgrade" option. Bought 1.4 on 5/30. Should I just wait a few hours and try again?
    06-21-09 09:01 PM
    Jesus christ and I just bought an old version this morning from app world...after spending quite some time trying to sift thru and see what versions work on the 8330 I gave up.

Wasted $5. Sheesh

Not wasted. You get the free upgrade.
    06-21-09 09:03 PM
    Thank you, thank you, thank you for finally releasing this!
    I had bought i-don't-know-how-many of the old version this week in anticipation. I didn't realize you'd announce it when it was ready.

It looks great...now to figure it out! Thanks again.
    06-21-09 09:03 PM
    Mobihand just informed me that they are having a problem with one of their servers so the 83xx update is temporarily unavailable.
    Sorry about that. I'm not sure how long until its back up.
    06-21-09 09:09 PM
    Guess I'll just have to wait it out.

06-21-09 09:14 PM
    Yea. Figures just when I release they have problems. Sigh...
    Well I'll let you know here when everything is back up and ready.
    I apologize for the inconvenience.
    06-21-09 09:18 PM
    thanks for the update on thisi did purchase april4th..shouldnt they send you an email of the update though?
    06-21-09 09:27 PM
    okay so what happens to the beta app?
    06-21-09 09:35 PM
    man i cant wait to get the update..i love this app. and now it even looks tons better.
    06-21-09 09:52 PM
    I'll be pm'ing you shock.
    06-21-09 09:53 PM
    I'll be pm'ing you shock.
    okay cool
    thanks for your reply
    i appreciate it
    06-21-09 10:00 PM
    Yep, server is down (or busy). Got the dreaded "broken link" screen. As said above, just have to wait it out for an upgrade. From following the Beta thread, this version looks fantastic.
    06-21-09 10:01 PM
    Well I hope it won't be too much longer,
    I hate being without QL

06-21-09 10:32 PM
    CheetahAce, what is the version number for the official release is it 2.08.7?

06-22-09 12:04 AM
    The best app for the Storm

06-22-09 12:23 AM
    You're all going to LOVE this update.

06-22-09 01:02 AM
    Servers are back up and the update is available.

Beta testers, this is the same version as 2.08.7.

Thanks
    06-22-09 01:58 AM
    Downloaded my copy this morning. Just started to play a little. Too bad work has to get in the way but the mortgage company insists.
    06-22-09 05:31 AM
    This is AWESOME great application wonderful update Congrats and thanks. Really this is an awesome update
    06-22-09 06:10 AM
    Download and installed!
    Great new features
    Easier navigation
    I'll probably call out sick at work today so I can play with QL !!!!!

06-22-09 06:38 AM
    Before I was able to get "Now Playing" added to the menu by opening the app and selecting it in QL from running apps. Is it possible to get to the "Now Playing" screen from QL after the upgrade?
    06-22-09 07:28 AM
127 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD