Service pack two was a major upgrade for windows xp and it didn't cost me a thing.

Why should I pay again for an app I bought 4 months ago?
    You equate QL 2.0 to a service pack. While service packs do include enhancements and new features, they are largely designed to fix flaws. Why not view 1.5 vs. 2.0 as you would Windows XP vs. Vista. Did MS provide Vista for free? Again, at the time of QL purchase, there's a warning that major updates might involve a new fee. As other have stated, you can stay at 1.5 for free. What's confusing about that?

Last edited by crackberryfan; 05-27-09 at 01:49 PM.
    05-27-09 01:47 PM
    Just downloaded SP 2 for Vista... Free... I was upset about the upgrade fee before cheetah fixed the 141 bug and said he wouldn't waste time fixing it. Now that he decided to take care of the problem I don't mind paying for major improvement. Its your choice now and not required.
    05-27-09 01:48 PM
    How did y'all pay only $1.99 for the upgraded version It wants to charge me the full price, again!
    Are you trying to buy it from the MobiHand App Store? If so, are you actually logged in?
    05-27-09 01:51 PM
    Basically what everyone is trying to say.....If you don't want to pay, don't upgrade. 1.5 works great. It is ONLY 2 bucks. Be a poor loser if you want to be one.
    05-27-09 01:51 PM
    I get a free upgrade, but I paid a $1.99 fee just because its $2, I have a job, im a college student living at my OWN place, buying my OWN food and gas, insurance, rent, and trying to make it as a film maker. Tell me how I have spent my own $2 for a upgrade, when I even can get one free (bought after april 1st) and your complaining about $2, your probably some cheap kid whos just too lazy to pay, or his mom wont let him borrow the money

grow up
    05-27-09 01:53 PM
    I had same problem got tired of waiting for answer. Si paid full price. Sucks but its a good app. And I'm inpatient
    How did y'all pay only $1.99 for the upgraded version It wants to charge me the full price, again!
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-27-09 02:00 PM
    go to mobihand.com from your computer, log in just as you would from your phone, add it to your cart, check out, a few minutes later you will get an email with a download link. The mobile sites seem to be messed up.
    05-27-09 02:05 PM
    I had same problem got tired of waiting for answer. Si paid full price. Sucks but its a good app. And I'm inpatient

Were you having problems at the store? you should have waited or contacted me. maybe you did contact me but i've gotten about 700 emails since last nite. sorry.
    05-27-09 02:16 PM
    Yes it was MobiHand and Yes I was logged in Don't assume that people don't know what they are doing. Mobihand is still showing $4.99. I guess I can wait for them to pull their heads outta their a**
    Last edited by Gothic_Angel; 05-27-09 at 02:38 PM.
    05-27-09 02:35 PM
    sheesh...todays mentality of I am entitled to something at no cost to me has migrated over to apps for the BBry.
    Maybe there will be a TARP fund to cover the nominal cost of this app. Get a life folks..nothing in life is free.
    05-27-09 02:39 PM
    I picked up the upgrade for free since I had just bought 1.5 last week hehe
    05-27-09 02:44 PM
    Its all good. No matter how cheap folks can be. I tried mobi the cb store both came up at 4.99 went to be bed woke tried again still 4 99$. Just got emails from both stores to upgrade.
    Were you having problems at the store? you should have waited or contacted me. maybe you did contact me but i've gotten about 700 emails since last nite. sorry.
    05-27-09 02:50 PM
    Yes it was MobiHand and Yes I was logged in Don't assume that people don't know what they are doing. Mobihand is still showing $4.99. I guess I can wait for them to pull their heads outta their a**
    Easy tiger, nobody assumed you didn't know what you were doing. Just relaying how I got it to work for me.
    05-27-09 02:58 PM
    I believe the developer is offering QL 2.0 as a free upgrade if you purchased 1.4 or 1.5 after April 1st. Some may be eligible.
    05-27-09 03:13 PM
    I just installed the HTC 2.0 theme and I am waiting for QL 2.0 to arrive for the Bold.

Thanks for your comments.

-Rich
    05-27-09 03:50 PM
    I purchased it originally from App World. How do i upgrade?

Thanks!
    05-27-09 03:59 PM
    Service pack two was a major upgrade for windows xp and it didn't cost me a thing.

Why should I pay again for an app I bought 4 months ago?
    Service packs aren't major upgrades just major fixes. Fixes are free as v1 to v1.5.
    05-27-09 04:27 PM
    If you don't think its worth the upgrade price, then stay on 1.5. Not a big deal. There are some many features that were added in 2.0, it's like a new app and definitely worth the upgrade price. Actually, I think it was nice of CA to give use the upgrade price instead of making us pay full price again (which I would have anyway!!).
    05-27-09 05:48 PM
    $2 is an absolute steal for all the changes and new features in this version of QL. Ultrafied is right, it's really like a whole new app. It's like an awesome alternate interface for the phone.

Pretty clear that a TON of time, work and testing went into this upgrade. For those of us that bought an earlier version we're talking about $7 total which is really a bargain price for an app of this magnitude. Thanks Cheetah!
    05-27-09 06:19 PM
    i think is bull crap that they are making up pay a extra 1.99 for the update i mean if you have already bought their product just give us a update. not paying the extra money for it
    Let's see...How do I spell idiot? c-a-v-f-r-e-a-k-1!

Honestly, with all of the upgrades I would have paid full price! This new version is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!
    05-27-09 06:27 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD