Good Morning,

I am starting a new thread for consolodiation of all the QuickLaunch 1.4 posts. I've lurked for quite and now that I am beta testing 1.4 will have to start participating a little more. Please forgive me any faux pax I may commit in my first dive in.

I have tried many of the new features on QuickLaunch and some of the old that people were looking for this following a reboot to cleaneverything out..

First I have not been able to find a way to add Word Mole I know this is probably something Rim changed, but it was one of the questions asked in the old threads so I tried to follow up on that.

Now on to the few minor possible glitches and they may not even be that. When you try to return to the homescreen from QuickLaunch it does not go back to the screen, but rather to the folder the app resides in. Thus far it has for me anyway.

Viigo is the only app that seems to launch slow, This may be due to the resources it needs, I am not certain. QuickLaunch fades slowly into the background and then Viigo starts.

I also have not been able to figure out how to add a folder to QuickLaunch, but then again I hadn't on previous versions. This may just be me.

The good stuff when I downloaded 1.4 ota I expected to have to go to the DM to reload my settings for it. The good news is that was not necessary all the shortcuts remained really makes life easier. The app overall is definitely faster with more options to choose from. I really like the additional possible uses of the convenience keys now.

I will continue testing if there is anything you would like me to try let me know. I am already looking forward to version 1.5 I am a slave driver

Blackberry Storm
    Platform 4.0.0.94
    OS version 4.70.75

Have a good day.

Beta tester

Larry
    03-29-09 10:18 AM
    Most of us haven't used 1.4 so there's probly only a select few that can help you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-29-09 10:23 AM
    Sorry for the double post
    03-29-09 10:23 AM
    Strange as I was part of the initial test group for QL and I've heard nothing about 1.4.....

I feel so left out! I just read the 1.3 thread and see 1.4 is out in testing...
    Last edited by Lylej2k; 03-29-09 at 10:36 AM.
    03-29-09 10:34 AM
    I may have been a little too quick on the home screen issue. Any app I launch from Quicklaunch will take me back to the home screen if I use the setting there. It is when I dig down to look at for example my e-mails I don't want to go through closing each folder so I try to back to the home screen there and it fails.

Blackberry Storm
    Platform 4.0.0.94
    OS version 4.70.75
    03-29-09 10:47 AM
    Hmm.. I've got wordmole running on ql 1.4
    Running .114

03-29-09 11:30 AM
    I wonder if it has to do with the OS. I will try again and check the event log.

Blackberry Storm
    Platform 4.0.0.94
    OS version 4.70.75
    03-29-09 11:32 AM
    I may have been a little too quick on the home screen issue. Any app I launch from Quicklaunch will take me back to the home screen if I use the setting there. It is when I dig down to look at for example my e-mails I don't want to go through closing each folder so I try to back to the home screen there and it fails.

Blackberry Storm
    Platform 4.0.0.94
    OS version 4.70.75
    Can you explain this a little further please?
    03-29-09 12:15 PM
    Hmm.. I've got wordmole running on ql 1.4
    Running .114

Is that a good thing?
    03-29-09 12:16 PM
    If you launch an application from Quicklaunch and then later go to Quicklaunch in order to go to the Home Screen there is no problem.

Now let us say I want to look at my e-mails. I have my folders split inside the e-mail folder. So I go down in the e-mail folder and look at the message folder. When I launch Quicklaunch and trigger the Home Screen it only takes me up one level in the folder. It does not return me to the Home Screen.

Blackberry Storm
    Platform 4.0.0.94
    OS version 4.70.75
    03-29-09 12:19 PM
    Oh I see. Let me see if I can do anything about this. Not sure I can yet...

Anything else?
    03-29-09 12:25 PM
    Cool. Fixed the homescreen issue. hehe... oh yea.
    03-29-09 12:37 PM
    Great!

Just wondering if you can add folders to QuickLaunch now. I haven't found a way. When I go to files it takes me to either system or the SD card inside the media folders.

Blackberry Storm
    Platform 4.0.0.94
    OS version 4.70.75
    03-29-09 12:46 PM
    No can do.
    03-29-09 12:47 PM
    I've just uploaded the homescreen fix.
    03-29-09 12:58 PM
    QuickLaunch v1.4 has some nice added features; I have yet to find an issue. I anticipate that ppl. will ask, when the menu color is changed that the the clock and QL title follow that selection, though.
    03-29-09 01:01 PM
    I've just uploaded the homescreen fix.
    So should I reload the beta? btw I am doing the beta while I have brunch...LOL.

Not having an issue with my home screen option.
    Last edited by CrackberryMike; 03-29-09 at 01:11 PM.
    03-29-09 01:06 PM
    Btw volume up/down = page up/down
    03-29-09 01:15 PM
    If you select "large" font, then Wiki search does not fit on the screen anymore. User can always edit name to Wiki search, though.
    03-29-09 01:17 PM
    Thanks. Maybe I should change it to "Wiki Search" then.
    03-29-09 01:21 PM
    I need to go out for a while.
    I'll be back in 2 hours.
    c ya.
    03-29-09 01:23 PM
    It may be my OS, but if I go down more then one folder it will not take me back to the home screen. What it does is take me up one level.

For example I have a folder /email/messages. If I go down in to the messages folder when I hit home screen it takes me to the email folder.

Blackberry Storm
    Platform 4.0.0.94
    OS version 4.70.75
    03-29-09 01:32 PM
    With the large font on it is not just the wiki search that doesn't fit, but also Blackberry messenger, Connections and others. I don't think it is a big issue though because enough fits on you know what it is saying.

Blackberry Storm
    Platform 4.0.0.94
    OS version 4.70.75
    03-29-09 01:36 PM
    It may be my OS, but if I go down more then one folder it will not take me back to the home screen. What it does is take me up one level.

For example I have a folder /email/messages. If I go down in to the messages folder when I hit home screen it takes me to the email folder.

Blackberry Storm
    Platform 4.0.0.94
    OS version 4.70.75
    I'm running .113; I think it will only take you to the screen you launch from. For example, if I QL something to open it; when I hit "home screen" that's where it returns, because I launched from there. If I drill down though my messages folder to an email, when I hit "home screen" it returns to the menu screen that I originally launched from.
    03-29-09 01:39 PM
    With the large font on it is not just the wiki search that doesn't fit, but also Blackberry messenger, Connections and others. I don't think it is a big issue though because enough fits on you know what it is saying.

Blackberry Storm
    Platform 4.0.0.94
    OS version 4.70.75
    Each user will vary on what "they" consider an issue so we provide Cheetah with every instance, so he can decide to leave it or adjust to it. Like yourself, I find it to be small; Blackberry messenger becomes BB Messenger (or BBM), and Manage Connections becomes BT Connect, or some variant of that.
    03-29-09 01:43 PM
125 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD