Hi. QuickLaunch v1.2 has been released as a free upgrade to current users.

A little info about 1.2:
    QuickLaunch by NikkiSoft has released a new FREE update (version 1.2).

The upgrade, along with some bug fixes, has introduced the following new features and changes:

1) Ability to launch the BlackBerry Browser

2) Menu Separators
    You can now place separators between menu items for better organization. Start QuickLaunch and hit the BB menu key and select 'Add Separator'.

3) Ability to send Emails to contact groups

4) Memory Cleaner

5) Sound Profiles

6) Media Card info on the Device Info screen

7) Menu Display Text length increased from 16 to 21 characters (depending on your font size some item might get cut off on the menu display if the font is too large.

8) Redesigned 'Add QuickLaunch Items' screen

9) Ability to launch other file types such as pdf, doc, xls and ppt etc.
    To Launch select these types of files, please select them through the 'Audio/Video/Pic' button.
    (note: These file types only work if you have a 3rd Party reader installed on your Storm such as Docs to Go or Repligo.
    QuickLaunch does not include readers for these types of documents.)
    (note: It has been reported that BeamReader currently does not work in this method with QL however you are still
    able to configure and launch BeamReader as a 3rd Party App via the 'Applications' button)

*** Installation Instructions ***
    DO NOT LOSE YOUR ACTIVATION CODE! Please keep it somewhere where you won't lose it. I will be too busy today to reply to
    emails asking for lost activation codes so a response from NikkiSoft regarding this will not be in a timely matter. Sorry.

Installing QuickLaunch v1.2 will result in LOSING ALL OF YOUR PREVIOUS QUICKLAUNCH SETTINGS! You will have to reconfigure
    your menu items. I apologize for this and it shouldn't happen again in future updates.

Note:
    If you experience any problems when first installing the 1,2, uninstall it by going to 'Home->Options->Advanced Options->Applications'
    then select 'QuickLaunch', hit the BB menu key and select 'Delete'. Then reinstall QuickLaunch.

When the installation procedure begins check the checkbox that reads "Set application permissions" and then make sure all permissions
    are set to allow and hit 'Save' when prompted.

Please refer to the manual before directing any questions to NikkiSoft support.

Thank you.

CheetahAce
    Last edited by CheetahAce; 02-02-09 at 09:31 PM.
    02-02-09 07:35 PM
    Sweet

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

02-02-09 07:38 PM
    Thanks. Will try it out =D

02-02-09 07:39 PM
    Where do we d/l the new version? I was part of the google checkout problem.
    02-02-09 07:45 PM
    Already downloaded and configured. Very nice indeed! Especially like being able to quick launch individual files like audio tracks or movies. Do you think we'll be able to get a quick launch for media in general at some point in time? If that's not possible, how about a launch for media by type...i.e. being able to quick launch the audio tracks on the Storm? No complaints though. Just a great app. Must have for storm users.
    02-02-09 07:46 PM
    what problem is that?
    02-02-09 07:47 PM
    what problem is that?
    Remember when you first launched...those of us who paid through google checkout, not through mobihand, never got a d/l email. I just sent you an email to your personal about it.
    02-02-09 07:49 PM
    cheetah, i am the one who was asking for sound profiles and am excited you added it. i havent installed 1.2 yet but see add sound profiles is jsut a check box???

does this mean it adds all sound profiles to the QL? or just a link to change sound profiles?

I was hoping you could choose specific sound profiles to add to the QL list. so i can have "Sleep Mode" or "Silent Sleep" or "Go Slient" on my QL menu. is this not how it is?

PS. thanks for the update, it looks awesome. i was waiting to re-install QL on .99 cause i knew the update was coming!
    02-02-09 07:56 PM
    Sound profiles for now is just a link to the BB sound profiles. However, now u can access that from any screen on the storm not just the homescreen.
    If i figure out how to grab individual profiles i'll do that.
    02-02-09 07:58 PM
    Cheetah - check your yahoo for an email from jgttwls please... Thanks! Great program!
    02-02-09 08:02 PM
    For those confused about upgrading. Log into your Mobihand account on your desktop and go to my purchases (little arrow next to your name) on the next screen it will show your purchase under download/activation code there will be a download link click on it and on the next page you can send your phone a SMS or an E-mail with the download link for the upgrade. Remember to write down your activation code. You will need to re-enter it.
    02-02-09 08:09 PM
    This program was already excellent. Love the upgrade! Hands down the most useful app for the Storm. Thanks again!
    02-02-09 08:20 PM
    Awesome thanks.

And thanks for explaining everything your first post of this thread!

Rock on!
    02-02-09 08:21 PM
    Sound profiles for now is just a link to the BB sound profiles. However, now u can access that from any screen on the storm not just the homescreen.
    If i figure out how to grab individual profiles i'll do that.
    ah ok, well i will keep my fingers crossed that you can set specific profiles. that would be cool.

what does memory cleaner do? run the memory cleaner in security?

the seperators dont make any more space between items right?
    02-02-09 08:23 PM
    Remember when you first launched...those of us who paid through google checkout, not through mobihand, never got a d/l email. I just sent you an email to your personal about it.
    Ok. didn't know it was through google. I thought it was paypal.
    Anyway... ummm... I'll figure it out but you'll have to wait until tomorrow. Sorryyyy...... i'm just pretty beat from non-stop coding and blah blah blah for 18hours a day the last week.
    02-02-09 08:26 PM
    I would also like to know what the memory cleaner does. Also ql does not work in opera for me.

02-02-09 08:36 PM
    The memory cleaner performs the exact same operations as the BB memory cleaner plus some standard garbage cleaning. Please do a google search on java garbage cleaning for more info. So in short QL's mem cleaner is better than RIM's!
    02-02-09 08:42 PM
    I would also like to know what the memory cleaner does. Also ql does not work in opera for me.

Yes - QL won't launch in Bolt or Opera. Both of these programs prevent QL from gaining access to the screen. You can still use QL to launch these programs, but you won't be able to access QL from Bolt or OM.
    02-02-09 08:44 PM
    Is a trial version of this software ever going to be released?
    02-02-09 08:49 PM
    Still not able to launch mobile IM apps in 1.2
    02-02-09 08:49 PM
    Is a trial version of this software ever going to be released?
    Yes.

+10char
    02-02-09 09:02 PM
    Ok. didn't know it was through google. I thought it was paypal.
    Anyway... ummm... I'll figure it out but you'll have to wait until tomorrow. Sorryyyy...... i'm just pretty beat from non-stop coding and blah blah blah for 18hours a day the last week.
    No worries. Like I said, I sent you an email to your yahoo with proof of purchase. You had originally sent me the program in a zip.
    02-02-09 09:04 PM
    Are you guys still working on Yahoo and AIM IM to work with QL?

By the way, I love this app.

Thanks,
    02-02-09 09:07 PM
    I had to switch phones because my last storm sucked, now when i downloaded it to my new one and entered the activation code, it says it's invalid?? Please help, great app and I NEED IT BACK!

Thx in advance Cheetah!
    02-02-09 09:17 PM
    No worries. Like I said, I sent you an email to your yahoo with proof of purchase. You had originally sent me the program in a zip.
    I'll hook you up sometime tonight. Just let me play with my kitty for while first.
    02-02-09 09:17 PM
378 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD