QuickFind has been updated to v1.2!

This update is available from nikkisoft.com and mobihand affiliates only. App World update coming soon.

New Features:

* Voice Turn by Turn Directions
    Audible directions to your destination can be read out aloud. Maneuvers will be spoken approx 30 seconds before you reach your next turn.
    This feature is available in ENGLISH ONLY currently.

* Compass
    You can now select compass mode which will display your heading, speed and altitude.
    The altitude is very accurate and automatically uses the latest GEOID correction values. No need to input correction values manually.

* Static Traffic, Satellite, Terrain and Hybrid maps can now be displayed.
    Static maps can be viewed with different zoom levels and markers for your current position and destination can also be optionally displayed.

(Traffic maps are only available for 33 U.S. cities currently)

Traffic Map

====

QuickFind by NikkiSoft is a GPS application that allows you to find previously marked locations such as a parked car, landmark, or an address and is also ideal for geocaching, hiking and fishing. This app will display your location and your target location on a sonar-like display and help you navigate to the destination showing your position, direction, speed and bearing.

Features:
    * Locations can be added by marking your current location, entering known gps coordinates of a location or performing a lookup by entering an address or landmark such as �241 W. Jackson St� or �Eiffel Tower� or �Oceanside, CA� etc.
    * Locations can be mapped using Google Maps or BB Maps
    * Turn by Turn directions to your destination can be displayed for driving, biking or walking routes and in 9 different languages
    * When you approach your destination a configurable alert will go off. You can have several combinations of alerts such as blinking led, audio ping and vibrate.
    * Option to keep your backlight on while navigating
    * Information can be displayed in imperial or metric format

See the QuickFind promo vid here:

Price:
    Existing owners: FREE
    New Customers $2.99

See nikkisoft.com for more details.
    02-06-11 01:11 PM
    QuickFind has been updated to v1.2!
    (Available for 9700, 9780, Storm, Torch, 9650 and 9630. (9630 must be running os 5)

This update is available from nikkisoft.com and mobihand affiliates only. App World update coming soon.

New Features:

* Voice Turn by Turn Directions
    Audible directions to your destination can be read out aloud. Maneuvers will be spoken approx 30 seconds before you reach your next turn.
    This feature is available in ENGLISH ONLY currently.

* Compass
    You can now select compass mode which will display your heading, speed and altitude.
    The altitude is very accurate and automatically uses the latest GEOID correction values. No need to input correction values manually.

* Static Traffic, Satellite, Terrain and Hybrid maps can now be displayed.
    Static maps can be viewed with different zoom levels and markers for your current position and destination can also be optionally displayed.

(Traffic maps are only available for 33 U.S. cities currently)

Traffic Map

====

QuickFind by NikkiSoft is a GPS application that allows you to find previously marked locations such as a parked car, landmark, or an address and is also ideal for geocaching, hiking and fishing. This app will display your location and your target location on a sonar-like display and help you navigate to the destination showing your position, direction, speed and bearing.

Features:
    * Locations can be added by marking your current location, entering known gps coordinates of a location or performing a lookup by entering an address or landmark such as ’241 W. Jackson St’ or “Eiffel Tower” or “Oceanside, CA” etc.
    * Locations can be mapped using Google Maps or BB Maps
    * Turn by Turn directions to your destination can be displayed for driving, biking or walking routes and in 9 different languages
    * When you approach your destination a configurable alert will go off. You can have several combinations of alerts such as blinking led, audio ping and vibrate.
    * Option to keep your backlight on while navigating
    * Information can be displayed in imperial or metric format

See the QuickFind promo vid here:

Price:
    Existing owners: FREE
    New Customers $2.99

See nikkisoft.com for more details.
    Last edited by CheetahAce; 02-06-11 at 10:06 PM.
    02-06-11 01:12 PM
    Does Voice Turn by Turn Directions work on the 9650?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-06-11 06:36 PM
    Does Voice Turn by Turn Directions work on the 9650?

+1 bump, I'd be real interested to hear from some real users of the 9650
    02-06-11 07:07 PM
    of course it works. stated so in the 1st post
    02-06-11 08:36 PM
    OK, while this is the 9650 forum, and the nikkisoft site says it works on the bold9650 The youtube vid shows a touch screen BB device, so I guess the question remains as to how it works with a 9650 bold running os-6 I don't see 9650 listed in the first post or anywhere. Sometimes apps made specifically for one device may work but not as well on a diff device, especially touch screen to non touch. Just wondering if anyone has this on a bold and could report about it.
    EDIT: OK found more info and confirmed for bold 9650 running os-6. So far the reviews I've seen have been on storm devices. I might give it a shot for the 3 bucks, but would prefer to hear from a bold user first. Anyone?
    Last edited by cbreze; 02-06-11 at 09:43 PM.
    02-06-11 08:59 PM
    the video was made before this update. this is a 9650 forum so i thought it was implied it works on 9650. i'll update the post . all versions work the same.
    Last edited by CheetahAce; 02-06-11 at 10:08 PM.
    02-06-11 10:05 PM
    1st post does not show or list 9650 running program although posted in 9650 forums as cbreze said, but my reason for the question is because the AppStore description says "1.2 currently only avail for Torch and Storm series" and goes on to list Voice Turn by Turn Directions as one of the new features of v1.2. However if you say it will work on a VZW Bold 9650, then I will give it a try.
    02-06-11 10:06 PM
    it says it now
    02-06-11 10:09 PM
    the app store does not say only storm and torch. all of the available devices are listed. maybe you have the wrong device selected for 'my device'.
    02-06-11 10:11 PM
    Maybe you better go and try to read it again since I posted the copied text directly from it and NO, the device selected makes no difference in the text in the description. See below:

02-06-11 10:47 PM
    ok. well look at the top of your screenshot there and also look at the bottom.
    02-06-11 11:32 PM
    Uh, you could have advertised this in the Blackberry Apps section of the forums.

02-07-11 07:53 AM
    ok. well look at the top of your screenshot there and also look at the bottom.
    Yeah, obviously I looked and also saw the conflicting information that could lead one to believe that maybe not all of the features, ie Voice Turn by Turn might not work on all devices, hence my (and others) question. Either the information in the description is wrong/outdated and needs to be corrected/updated or it certainly needs to be worded better to avoid further confusion.
    02-07-11 09:34 AM
    Just picked this up.. So far this is exactly what I needed! Thank you! Picked me up doing 80 on the interstate right down to the milemarker.. Mapped my directions where I'm headin, then started givin me voice turn by turn directions.. Nice!.

02-07-11 09:38 AM
    Will this be coming for the 9670 at some point?
    02-07-11 11:14 AM
    Uh, you could have advertised this in the Blackberry Apps section of the forums.

uh, i did.
    02-07-11 11:19 AM
    Will this be coming for the 9670 at some point?
    yes. some point. not sure when though.
    02-07-11 11:20 AM
    Could you please offer some kind of free trial? I'd really like to see if the map/directions work to my liking before I purchase this.
    02-07-11 11:31 AM
    great. glad to hear it. thanks

Just picked this up.. So far this is exactly what I needed! Thank you! Picked me up doing 80 on the interstate right down to the milemarker.. Mapped my directions where I'm headin, then started givin me voice turn by turn directions.. Nice!.
    02-07-11 11:36 AM
    Just purchased based on my good experience with QuickLaunch and your support for that alone. I will post findings later. Keep up the good work.
    02-07-11 12:21 PM
    Just purchased based on my good experience with QuickLaunch and your support for that alone. I will post findings later. Keep up the good work.
    Same here, just for the greatness of QL I purchases this app
    02-07-11 01:22 PM
    looks like its up on app world for $1.99

https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/22253
    02-07-11 02:21 PM
    looks like its up on app world for $1.99

https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/22253

$1.99 is a great price for all you can do with this app.
    02-07-11 02:32 PM
    Got around Miami with ease yesterday... I've had problems down here with several gps before. Great work. Even used the radat to find my vehicle for the fun of it - worked like a charm.

02-08-11 05:32 AM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD