I can't believe that Quick Launch wants to charge again just because I made a minor model change, from one keyboard model to another. It's not like it's a touchscreen, the same version of the app should run fine, but they've set it up so it won't give you a new code, they want you to pay again.

What a mistake buying that, should have gone with one of the others. I can't believe anyone is so greedy, even Microsoft doesn't do that.
    04-16-11 01:48 AM
    I paid for one copy..and switched two devices ever since. The last one was a week ago. They never charged me. What are you talking about?
    04-16-11 03:11 AM
    Do you think it may have been a software upgrade fee? Depends on how long ago you bought your original version.
    04-16-11 06:29 AM
    This did not happen to me either. I bought my copy through the CrackBerry (Mobihand) store.

This sounds like the OP has not fully communicated with the software vendor.
    04-16-11 06:45 AM
    I can bet this is because the software has been updated since you got it. They do not charge you when you switch phones. Why not contact the developer before making a post here?
    04-16-11 08:19 AM
    I bet Cheetah will see the post and respond accordingly. In the last 18 months, I have switched from my original Tour, to a replacement Tour, to a 9650 Bold. Haven't been charge a penny since the original purchase, and I know there have been software updates in the year-and-a-half.
    04-16-11 08:47 AM
    From my experience, even if you change phones and have a newer operating system, you may be able to pay a reduced fee. I'd double check with them too. They've been very responsive when I've had questions.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-16-11 11:47 AM
    I also switched from a Tour to the Bold last year. All I had to do was change the PIN numbers. Contact the developer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-16-11 09:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD