Basically want to use my quicklaunch to set up a "clear event log" the way it currently has clear call log. In order to do so the keyboard must be in querty and "/"/ must be entered.

Anyone know if can be programmed and if so how? TY
    03-11-09 07:17 PM
    Basically want to use my quicklaunch to set up a "clear event log" the way it currently has clear call log. In order to do so the keyboard must be in querty and "/"/ must be entered.

Anyone know if can be programmed and if so how? TY
    You want to set up a Event log lauch on quick launch? Just to get into event log? I maybe missing something but quick launch has an event log option already programmed into it.
    03-11-09 07:19 PM
    They have a clear call log programmed in, I do not believe they have a clear event log. That is what I am trying to do, make a quicklauch entry to do this with a single button push.
    03-11-09 07:36 PM
    They have a clear call log programmed in, I do not believe they have a clear event log. That is what I am trying to do, make a quicklauch entry to do this with a single button push.
    You lazy bugger! yeah I thought that is what you meant I mean how could any miss the event log button

As far as I know there is nothing for it.
    03-11-09 07:37 PM
    So just hit Event Log and then BB button, then clear it. Not so bad I guess..2 pushes instead of 1
    03-11-09 07:42 PM
    Hi. currently Rim doesn't provide access to clear the log from 3rd party apps. sorry.
    03-13-09 04:56 AM
    Hi. currently Rim doesn't provide access to clear the log from 3rd party apps. sorry.
    Then what does the Clear Event Log option in Quiklaunch do exactly? what is it clearing?
    03-13-09 05:56 AM
    Can someone help. I'm a newbie and am trying to learn how to clear my event log. How can I do that?
    03-14-09 09:06 PM
    Can someone help. I'm a newbie and am trying to learn how to clear my event log. How can I do that?
    If you don't have quicklaunch, you'll need to do this.

On the main menu, hold the phone in landscape.
    Bring up the keyboard, and hold down the ?!123 to lock the numbers and symbols
    Press "/"/ and that will bring up the log
    you can hit the BB button and clear it from there.
    03-14-09 09:20 PM
    Then what does the Clear Event Log option in Quiklaunch do exactly? what is it clearing?
    There is a "Delete Call Log" option in QuickLaunch, which you may be confusing with "Event Log"

While you cannot setup a link to delete your Event Log through QL, you can add the Event Log and clear it once it's open.

Or you can install Log Maid or do it the old fashioned way Phone in Landscape>BB Key> Show Keyboard>hold !?123 to lock>press "/"/ > BB Key> Clear Event Log>Yes
    03-14-09 10:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD