Thank god my "EDGE" is back... but sometimes its back & forth to lowercase "edge" :/ gets really annoying. The mms is also working now, cool.

1. Where is the original aim app? The one that comes w/ tmobile. I dont see it anywhere. Does this happen to be with service books?

2. Trying to use the Pandora app. It says "Date usage warning: this product will use a large amount of data and you are responsible for all data charges. please contact your carriers customer service to confirm/add an unlimited data plan"

I already have a data plan (blackberry plan) so i should be ok right?

3. What should my apn settings be set to? i keep hearing epc.tmobile.com & wap.voicestream.com, Which is better?

4. Does my phone automatically choose the host routing table? i see alot, but right now its set to T-Mobile USA [31002630]

5. I press the green call button, up top says My Number: xxx-xxx-xxxx but its not my acutal number... I traded phones, & just put in my sim card in. Could that be the reason why its still showing the previous owners number?

Thats all the ?'s i could think of for now, maybe have more in the future... Any help/info id really appreciate it, thanks.
    06-25-10 11:44 PM
    Are you CDMA or GSM user?
    06-26-10 12:25 AM
    I have a sim card, so i guess GSM.
    06-26-10 12:42 AM
    2. Depends on whether ur blackberry data plan is unlimited or not. Listening to internet radio uses a significant amount of data.
    6. Go top Options > Advanced Options > SIM card > Edit SIM phone number see if it works for you.
    Last edited by Mr.Storm; 06-26-10 at 05:20 AM.
    06-26-10 12:59 AM
    So you are a GSM user...

Thank god my "EDGE" is back... but sometimes its back & forth to lowercase "edge" :/ gets really annoying. The mms is also working now, cool.

EDGE = Blackberry data service
    edge = normal data service

if you see edge the lowercase, that would mean you are using non bb data service. This data usage will be based on your APN settings under option for TCP/IP. If your country charges seperately for BIS/BES and normal data...then you may want to check if your next bill....if they charge you for using normal data outside the BIS/BES coverage.

1. Where is the original aim app? The one that comes w/ tmobile. I dont see it anywhere. Does this happen to be with service books?

When you insert a new sim card that is not from the original telco, some of the apps will dissapear or not usable. e.g. Verizon usa have vznavigator? or sort of verizon apps which is auto push to verizon user. So when you insert a new sim that is not of that telco service, the apps will be gone or not usable.

2. Trying to use the Pandora app. It says "Date usage warning: this product will use a large amount of data and you are responsible for all data charges. please contact your carriers customer service to confirm/add an unlimited data plan"

I already have a data plan (blackberry plan) so i should be ok right?

Yes, but it warn you cuz its drains data. Should you exceed your phone data package e.g. you paid for 1GB per month and you exceed, it your problem

3. What should my apn settings be set to? i keep hearing epc.tmobile.com & wap.voicestream.com, Which is better?

Pls check with your telco if you should set these APNs.. as mentioned..these TCP/IP settings will affect the EDGE/edge connection. Becareful that unknowingly usage may incurr extra data charge outside your plan for bb.

4. Does my phone automatically choose the host routing table? i see alot, but right now its set to T-Mobile USA [31002630]

If you are under BIS/BES, it will auto push down or your can register HRT manually. It should be under your own telco HRT settings and not any other telco.

5. I press the green call button, up top says My Number: xxx-xxx-xxxx but its not my acutal number... I traded phones, & just put in my sim card in. Could that be the reason why its still showing the previous owners number?

If you brought a CDMA phone and now attempt to use it as GSM, high chance you can't remove the number. Mine is CDMA but I am using outside usa as GSM. You just have to live with it. Even the sms return number no matter how you save or change, it will be under the CDMA number. I suggest you leave it since its not gona affect your phone usage. Pp will still see your sim phone number when you call or sms.

Thats all the ?'s i could think of for now, maybe have more in the future... Any help/info id really appreciate it, thanks.
    hope it helps
    06-26-10 05:08 AM
    2. Depends on whether ur blackberry data plan is unlimited or not. Listening to internet radio uses a significant amount of data.
    6. Go top Options > Advanced Options > SIM card > Edit SIM phone number see if it works for you.
    yeah i have the blackberry unlimited data plan, so i should be good right? I also went to edit sim but it already shows my number... guess ill just deal with it
    06-26-10 04:18 PM
    Just thought of 2 more questions...

6. I know the crosshair icon is gps, is there a way to make that dissapear? Its not showing the rays of lines next to it, so does that means its off? All vzn S2's come w/ that?

7. Everytime im using the native browser i always have to zoom in just to read the page. Is there a way to automatically set the page where its easy for me to read?
    06-26-10 04:24 PM
    6 & 7 anyone?
    06-27-10 08:10 PM
    i see...so you are a T-Mobile user...no wonder.
    06-27-10 08:57 PM
    8. Once the S2 is done charging, arent i supposed to hear some sort of alert to let me know its fully charged and so that i can unplug it?

6 & 7 anyone? anything?

I appreciate your feedback...
    06-30-10 07:26 PM
    7. Not that i know of yet. Maybe this function might be appearing in os 6 but im not very sure though. But anyway with the pinch to zoom function coming out in the upcoming os 6, zooming in and out will be pretty much hassle-free.
    8. There's no specific alarm to alert you that the battery is full charged. Although you can actually use the alarm/countdown timer app if you wish to. A full battery charge from 0 - 100% using the wall charger takes an average of 2hrs for me. So you might want to use the alarm/countdown timer app in the phone to keep track of the charging.
    07-01-10 12:39 PM
    thanks for the info! excited for OS6 then...
    07-01-10 05:47 PM
    Try setting browser defaults to column view instead of page view.

There's no way to hide the GPS icon.
    07-01-10 07:51 PM
    Just thought of 2 more questions...

6. I know the crosshair icon is gps, is there a way to make that dissapear? Its not showing the rays of lines next to it, so does that means its off? All vzn S2's come w/ that?

7. Everytime im using the native browser i always have to zoom in just to read the page. Is there a way to automatically set the page where its easy for me to read?
    8. Once the S2 is done charging, arent i supposed to hear some sort of alert to let me know its fully charged and so that i can unplug it?

6 & 7 anyone? anything?

I appreciate your feedback...
    7. I too suggest trying "Column View" on pages with smaller text. Column view will *fit* the page to window, but will cause some pages to render poorly. May want to try it out and see what you like. I keep my default set to "page view", and then just switch to column view on some pages when I need to

8. I don't think there's any notification built in (?), but some apps, like BerryBuzz, do have options for battery-full notifications. Also, while it's not a notification, the lightening bolt charging symbol over the battery meter on the main screen will disappear once the unit is fully charged.
    07-02-10 12:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD