Hi,

After extensive searching I still can't find a solution to my problems on the 2 items above, would be soooo grateful if anyone can help me!!

Twitterberry 0.9.0.6 - I can never seem to be able to set Twitterberry to notify me when I receive new tweets even when I set in the profile already...I always have it running on the background and I never got a blink from it!!

Facebook Notification - I don't get any notification on my blackberry aside from the things I did (e.g comments, status update, post photos) on the facebook app itself....I know that Facebook notification is related to the email notification and I do get all my email notifications alright on Yahoo (filtered to the right folder though) so I have no idea why its not working. I have Blackberry notification checked on the Facebook web.

Thanks!
    07-07-09 12:12 PM
    Hi,

After extensive searching I still can't find a solution to my problems on the 2 items above, would be soooo grateful if anyone can help me!!

Twitterberry 0.9.0.6 - I can never seem to be able to set Twitterberry to notify me when I receive new tweets even when I set in the profile already...I always have it running on the background and I never got a blink from it!!

Facebook Notification - I don't get any notification on my blackberry aside from the things I did (e.g comments, status update, post photos) on the facebook app itself....I know that Facebook notification is related to the email notification and I do get all my email notifications alright on Yahoo (filtered to the right folder though) so I have no idea why its not working. I have Blackberry notification checked on the Facebook web.

Thanks!
    As far as FB goes, the e-mail address must be on the phone and able to receive the e-mails. The app directs the notifications to the app itself rather than the e-mail inbox on your phone. So, if it's filtered on the server and cannot get to the phone, it won't notify.
    07-07-09 12:19 PM
    On Facebook, this might help:
    Open FB application on phone, go to options, uncheck "leave email notification messages on mail server" (that way you aren't forced to read them on your phone and also in email inbox).

Then in your FB on your computer, make sure it's set up to send notifications.

I hope this works! I use Ubertwitter, so I can't help on TwitterBerry- but it might be the same thing (making sure the computer version and phone version match).
    07-07-09 12:21 PM
    As far as FB goes, the e-mail address must be on the phone and able to receive the e-mails. The app directs the notifications to the app itself rather than the e-mail inbox on your phone. So, if it's filtered on the server and cannot get to the phone, it won't notify.
    I'm a BES user and therefore to avoid having Yahoo email clamming into my Message inbox (the generic Message inbox where my corporate mails go to as well) so I use the Yahoo Go! to check my Yahoo messages --> this is why it doesn't work right?

The "Leave message on mail server" was always checked but I just unchecked it, however it doesn't make a difference - I still don't get the notification...so what does this thing do? I remember reading somewhere that u won't get email notifications but only notifications on facebook app if its checked....is this the case?
    07-07-09 12:41 PM
    I'm a BES user and therefore to avoid having Yahoo email clamming into my Message inbox (the generic Message inbox where my corporate mails go to as well) so I use the Yahoo Go! to check my Yahoo messages --> this is why it doesn't work right?
    Most likely. I would set up a completely new e-mail address for FB notifications only, then just have that set up on your phone.
    07-07-09 12:45 PM
    Most likely. I would set up a completely new e-mail address for FB notifications only, then just have that set up on your phone.
    But that way it still wouldnt' solve the problem of having the emails all crammed up in the default Message folder right? It will solve facebook notification but then if I'm going to be receiving it on emails anyways I wouldnt' need it to be available on Facebook app then....Oh no, I'll still need it because clicking the link on the email notification brings me to the browser site.....
    07-07-09 12:57 PM
    I also use twitterberry with berrybuzz and I always get an alert when I get a direct message but I'm still using Twitterberry 0.8. Don't know if that makes a diff or not???
    07-08-09 01:24 PM
    I never get Twitterberry notification...now that I'm using Ubertwitter...everything is great and I do get notification (sound and blinks) but I don't get that small little icon on home screen telling me its UT....ahhh....so much for perfection!!
    07-09-09 02:54 AM
    Ok, if I set up my blackberry email address just for FB only and put a filter on my BES email that anything that comes from blackberry.com don't forward to my email.....will that keep the FB notification from cramming my Message box?
    07-09-09 05:18 AM
    This might be stupid, and I might totally be off base, but this is my thought for twitterberry. Is that an actual screen shot of your settings for twitterberry on your phone? If it is, you have the notification set to tone, but the volume is on mute. So you're not getting a vibration or anything! Yet either adding the vibration option, or changing the volume of your tone, and see if that helps!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-09-09 07:13 AM
    This might be stupid, and I might totally be off base, but this is my thought for twitterberry. Is that an actual screen shot of your settings for twitterberry on your phone? If it is, you have the notification set to tone, but the volume is on mute. So you're not getting a vibration or anything! Yet either adding the vibration option, or changing the volume of your tone, and see if that helps!

LOL, hahahah no no sorry for the confusion - it was intentional as I dun want it to have any sound or vibration, I just want the LED to flash. Its ok now as I switched to Ubertwitter and the notification works pretty much ok although not perfect.

07-09-09 10:51 AM
    so wait a minute, id like a yes or no answer to this....

my facebook notifications go to gmail, and i have the gmail application installed. so b/c im not using the default email app, it is impossible for me to get facebook notifications on the homescreen?

also, is there no way to get gmail app. notifications on the homescreen?
    Yes.

U have to configure Gmail as one of the default email app or u will not get notification at all. Thats how I finally get it to work. Remove all filters as BIS does not support folder structure so it can't be anywhere else but inbox....

Cheers
    07-15-09 10:03 PM
    Hmm, you may have just answered things for me. My Facebook notifications have been coming in super late. And the email I get them sent to is my MSN account. And my MSN email has been getting to me late (not Live, oddly). So it must be related to my email. Thanks! Now I have to figure out how to get the email thing figured out lol
    07-16-09 12:41 AM
    Hmm, you may have just answered things for me. My Facebook notifications have been coming in super late. And the email I get them sent to is my MSN account. And my MSN email has been getting to me late (not Live, oddly). So it must be related to my email. Thanks! Now I have to figure out how to get the email thing figured out lol
    I'm not so sure but I vaguely remember an odd problem being reported of Facebook and notification problem specifically related to Hotmail, it might be worth searching the forum for Facebook + hotmail - sorry I can't recall exactly which post it is....
    07-16-09 02:45 AM
    based on my experience... Twitterberry won't give any sound or blink when any new tweet comes to your BB...

try ubertwitter... you will receive notification when any new tweet (tone & blink).. just set the tone on profile...
    07-16-09 04:37 AM
    I use twitterberry on my old 8330 and my new tour, and twitterberry always vibrates/makes a noise when it updates with new tweets
    07-16-09 09:38 AM
    I'm not so sure but I vaguely remember an odd problem being reported of Facebook and notification problem specifically related to Hotmail, it might be worth searching the forum for Facebook + hotmail - sorry I can't recall exactly which post it is....
    I'm searching through them but I haven't come up with anything concret. I'm guessing the lateness of receiving email is directly related to having my Facebook notifications being late. It's weird because my @msn.com and @live.com are running off the same thing, but Live comes in instantly when MSN does not. Maybe I'll just set up a GMail specifically for Facebook notifications so I get them a little quicker.
    07-16-09 09:43 PM
    And I did set up the GMail, and I got a Facebook notification within a minute of the email. And all is good haha
    07-16-09 10:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD