Did a search and found some police scanner apps and was wondering if anyone on here has any and how they work?
    I would be trying to get one for my bold 9650 running os6. Not sure if this app still exists and how it would work or vary from city to city?

Thanks guys.
    04-14-11 07:57 PM
    I use BBScanner, found here, which pulls most of its police feeds from radioreference.com. There aren't scanner feeds available for every city/county, but I was surprised to find how many there actually were. The app itself is very slick. It includes the ability for you to mark feeds as favorites, do a search for feeds near you based on your cell location, lists the top 50 feeds being listened to at that time, and even has a snooze feature so you can go to sleep with it on and have it turn itself off. The only negative I have is that the volume is a little low, even when turned up to 100%, but I think that's more because of the volume of the feed itself. It's not a battery drain either, as I can let it play for long periods without it eating the battery.

The app is $2.99 in the Crackberry store, and I've most certainly gotten my money back out of it.
    mustangv8 likes this.
    04-14-11 08:15 PM
    +1 for bbscanner, best out there, same here for the volume and i believe that happened after an update. worth the money if you like police scanners. can work over wifi only. i had to do it on my curve. now a torch and have better plan, lol
    mustangv8 likes this.
    04-14-11 08:29 PM
    Sounds good guys and thank you. That was the one I was looking at. Wish I had more info on it before buying.
    04-14-11 09:34 PM
    Sounds good guys and thank you. That was the one I was looking at. Wish I had more info on it before buying.
    What else do you want to know? If you're wondering if there is a scanner feed for your area, go to radioreference.com, click the box for "Live Audio," and search your state/county/city.

I believe there is a free trial on it in the CrackBerry Store, so feel free to try before you buy.
    04-14-11 09:45 PM
    There's also a mobile version of radioreference.com if you don't want to pay for the app. It will stream the feed just like the app does. The free version of bbscanner only let's you listen for 5 minutes at a time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by jabbs1; 04-15-11 at 10:55 PM.
    04-15-11 12:02 PM
    bbscanner is worth it, set favorites, check scanners that are near your location, add scanners if you know any not on list, check the top 50, check new additions, etc
    04-15-11 07:51 PM
    There's also a mobile version of radioreference.com if you don't want to pay for the app. It will stream the feed just like the app does. The free version of bbscanner only let's you listen for 5 minutes at a time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    For some reason every feed on the mobile version of radioreference.com will not play on my Tour. Some will play, many will not. When the two scanners closest to me would not play, I bought BBScanner, and they play perfectly.

I believe the free trial will let you listen for an unlimited time for 3 days, then it reverts to only 5 minutes at a time.
    04-16-11 11:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD