After you select a station to play, there's a heart button that says Customize.
    05-01-09 10:55 PM
    Pandora is hands down my number one favorite radio app. Its amazing how well it knows my music taste now compared to before. One of my fav things about it is that it not only plays that selected artists but plays songs featured with that artist or even produced. Its so cool the way it works.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-01-09 11:43 PM
    I swear I can't find that "heart" on pandora. I even looked through the faq & can't find anything on the songs.

Here's my problem. My station plays old music. I started the station with Eminem & instead of playing Em's new songs, it plays older stuff from 8-mile. I added Beyonce & instead of playing Single Ladies or Halo, it plays old Destiny's Child or older songs like Crazy In Love. I added Lil' Wayne & it plays stuff off his first & second album. Rick Ross is another one. He has a brand new album out & it plays older stuff like Hustin'.

It also plays the same songs repeatedly. It plays Hypnotize by Biggie atleast twice an hour. It plays 2Pac every other song even after adding all that other variety & these guys have been dead for a while so you know they don't have any new music.

I read in the FAQ that its better to create a station off a song instead of an artist. So I deleted my station & started it with Young Jeezy - Put On. Then I added songs like Em's We made You, Lil' Wayne - Mr. Carter & Rick Ross - Magnificent. I also added Slim Thug - Welcome to Houston.

Even after adding these songs, it plays older stuff. Right now its playing Christina Aguilera - Can't Hold Us Down. Lil' Wayne - Fireman which is off Tha Carter II. I skipped those 2 & now its playing Young Jeezy Soul Survivor which is again off an older album of Jeezy's.

I'm sorry but I want to hear new music. Slacker does a good job of playing new music. From my experience Pandora doesn't.

I will attach a picture of my screen while Pandora is playing...could you please point out where the "heart" is at? sorry

05-02-09 07:12 AM
    Ahh I think you misunderstood. We were talking about the Slacker config options

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-02-09 02:13 PM
    oh good...I felt like an *** b/c I couldn't find the heart on Pandora's site.

thanks
    05-02-09 02:31 PM
    Im not sure why Pandora would be doing that on your phone. I usually enter a song rather than an artist but have on occassion entered an artist....for example I entered T.I. the other night. I have yet to hear a T.I. song on that station yet. And yes Pandora does play newer music as well.
    05-02-09 03:34 PM
    What's bad is that I only entered songs that are new...Beyonce Halo, Slim Thug - Welcome to Houston, Soulja Boy - Swag On, Eminem - We Made You, Rick Ross - Magnificent & Mafia Music....it has yet to play one of these songs...it always plays something 3-5 yrs old. It only gives you 6 skips an hour & I will skip the first 6 songs it plays b/c they're either crap or so old I've heard them more than I ever wanted to. I also guarantee you that it will play Hypnotize by Notorious B.I.G. within the first 10 songs every time I turn the stupid thing on.

I got aggravated today & put turned on Slacker station Hip/Hop R&B Hits...it played exactly what I wanted to hear.

Its weird...on Slacker, in the morning (I'm east coast) it plays seamless, one artist after another minimal buffering...in the evening, it buffers severely & sometimes resets my bb. I cannot even get the comedy station to play in the evening.

Pandora is consistant...it plays crap but the buffering is minimal no matter what time I play it.

If I could cache stations on Slacker, I would ditch Pandora all together b/c I think the music selection sucks. For some stupid reason, my pc won't run the synclauncher.exe file to cache the stations. I've emailed Slacker support & they had me copy some files & email them to their bb support guys.
    05-02-09 05:05 PM
    I've always been an avid Pandora fan. However, now that I found out I could add it to my blackberry I quickly downloaded to my new 8900. Unfortunately, I am constantly having problems. Slacker has it's issues too. But, at least it doesn't just stop like Pandora does. I mostly like Slacker for the Comedy. That gets old after a while. So I usually go between the two. Downloaded Nobex but haven't used that one yet as I don't know which stations to choose!
    05-02-09 05:55 PM
    what system do you use with your motorcycle?
    05-02-09 06:27 PM
    what system do you use with your motorcycle?
    I switch between my ipod, slacker & I've been trying pandora. The problem with my ipod, is that I get tired of the music I have on it. I really like slacker but sometimes the buffering is way too bad. I've been trying pandora b/c the buffering is minimal but the music sucks.

If I could cache stations, I would probably use slacker 100% of the time & leave my ipod at home.

I downloaded some new music tonight for my ipod, so I will start using it again & when I get tired of it, I'll switch back to slacker & listen to pandora when slacker buffers bad.

I don't guess that there's single answer to that question. I will say that since I've started listening to music, its hard to ride without it. If I'm riding in a group, I don't listen to music.
    05-02-09 07:57 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD