I am a Facebook user and was interested in joining Twitter. My main question is, does Twitter allow having two different lists of contacts like MSN? Like in Facebook I can update and only my friends see what I have to say, but I want to be able to tweet something to my friends but not to, say, a band I'm following. Also, do apps like UberTwitter and such allow control over such tweets, or handle multiple Twitter accounts (incase I have to create one personal and one more public)? Thanks in advance!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-08-10 11:11 PM
    Twitter works like this:

You can follow people, and others can follow you. You don't have to both follow eachother for you to see their updates.

So when you post an update, anyone who follows you will see it on their homepage. But if you follow them, and they aren't following you, they will never see it, unless they go to your twitter page directly and read it

You can restrict who can see your twitter page and follow you through Protected Updates. If you protect your updates, anyone who follows you must be approved by you.
    02-09-10 12:48 AM
    Twitter works like this:

You can follow people, and others can follow you. You don't have to both follow eachother for you to see their updates.

So when you post an update, anyone who follows you will see it on their homepage. But if you follow them, and they aren't following you, they will never see it, unless they go to your twitter page directly and read it

You can restrict who can see your twitter page and follow you through Protected Updates. If you protect your updates, anyone who follows you must be approved by you.
    Wow! Great response, quick, clear; now I just need to find the perfect twitter app for me!

02-09-10 01:09 AM
    Ok, so I decided I want UberTwitter. But I need to know the safest settings for it. It asked for me to set permissions and I changed them to be like my Facebook app, but it said that my phone had to restart for 2 min or something, is this normal? Or what settings are best for security?

02-09-10 11:11 AM
    Any help on how to set permissions for UT? I saw that in the options it had, say, Allow twice, but the second was in Italic does this mean that it's the recommended setting? I would mainly just need to follow a few people and only tweet to friends every now and then. Hope someone can help me out!
    02-09-10 06:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD