hello, i have just desided to buy a new black berry what means that i am a total noob to the bb world
    is it possible to have skype on the 8900 or any blackberry?
    if so, is it possible to use it on the wifi network?

thanks kc
    08-18-10 01:18 AM
    As far as I know there is no skype application for the blackberry that works on wifi. You can check something similar like iSkoot application but that is only available through certain countries.
    08-18-10 02:13 AM
    Bushako is right.

I use palringo for that sort of thing and it can use wifi

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-10 02:16 AM
    The Skype app for BlackBerry only works on Verizon. I'm not sure about other apps.
    08-18-10 02:30 AM
    Bushako is right.

I use palringo for that sort of thing and it can use wifi

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I Just installed Palringo and it doesnt have any option of skype..maybe coz its the free registration and i notice its buggy for instance when i add in my login details and click the menu button the login option doesnt appear all the time. Instead only the regular option menu pops up and when i hit the back key it just exits the application. I got to login though but it seems to have difficulty logging into my facebook chat.
    08-18-10 06:19 AM
    There are no Skype voice apps for BB that I know of. However, there are apps that incorporate Skype chat like IM+ and Nimbuzz. But I would LOVE to have Skype voice on my BB...
    08-18-10 03:04 PM
    I use Iskoot for Skype chat on my Blackberry Curve 8900 thru tmobile so I can at least chat/type with my friends on skype while I am not at my computer..I have the option of buying "skype-out" minutes, but choose not to.
    08-20-10 08:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD