-----

I'm fixin to download Opera Mini but have a question. I'm getting confused with all the Browser programs. My Curve 8330 has a Browser Icon, and Google Search seems to act like a Browser. Then Opera Mini is supposed to be a super-fast Browser.

Could someone tell me if I could use just ONE of these browsers or do I need them all, and hence, need all those Icons on the screen?

Thanks

-----
    05-28-08 01:05 PM
    well you could just use the bb browser by itself but you can't just have opera mini on your phone you need the bb browser to support it
    05-28-08 01:08 PM
    I only use Opera Mini. It has Google on it, and I think it is faster than the BB Browser, and much easier to use. I hide all the icons I don't use.
    05-28-08 01:09 PM
    Native Browser - you need it. It's the only way to download anything to your BB, and the one the BB uses to open links

Google - Not tecnically a browser, but a way to enter search criteria before launching the native browser. (removable)

Opera Mini - An optional Browser to access certain sites the Native browser doesn't handle well, or not at all. (removable)
    05-28-08 01:10 PM
    I would definitely dl the Opera Mini and scrap the google search thing. You don't really need the google search, since you can do that in opera mini or the standard BB browser.
    05-28-08 02:31 PM
    When I first got my curve, I tried for so long to figure out if I could make Opera Mini the default browser. For example: click a link in an email and have it open in Opera Mini. Long story short, it can't be done. I love Opera but I find myself using BB browser more often because of this little issue. When I'm using Viigo, I click open in browser, then I just handle my business. Too much trouble to fire up Opera Mini.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-08 02:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD