first of all hi everyone ordered a new bb bold 9700 (coming from a SE xperia x1.. didnt like it, not the phone but windows mobile) and will be getting it shipped some time next week.. it will be my first blackberry!

on topic now, a little excited so i've already been finding apps to install on the bb once i get it =)

have some simple questions abt iSkoot? i read on their site it uses normal airtime charges just like a regular voice call? so lets say my plan has unlimited receiving calls, and unlimited outgoing calls after 6pm... any iSkoot calls i receive and any outgoing calls i make after 6pm will be abolustely free of charge? and if i make calls before 6pm i will be charged exactly like it would as if im making a regular voice call right?

on my X1 the skype app uses either wifi or 3g, but the iSkoot uses neither (other than updating contact lists and msging) right?

just want to find out exactly how it works before i get a phone bill with hundreds of dollars extra

i heard skype mobile is coming out which supports blackberries, anyone kno more abt this (e.g. when will it come out)? cant wait

sorry for the load of questions on my first post haha thanks guys
    03-05-10 05:53 PM
    It honestly sounds like you want something that you can circumvent using your plan minutes. If you have like a favorite number you can talk to at least one person free (like MyFavs or Friends and Family) and it won't run down your minutes I would see if someone is nice enough to give you a Google Voice invite.
    03-05-10 05:59 PM
    I have 2 that don't seem to be moving anywhere so I can spare one. PM me an email adress if you'd like and I'll forward you an invite. That way you can make the GV # a fave and make all calls thru the GV app.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-10 06:14 PM
    It honestly sounds like you want something that you can circumvent using your plan minutes. If you have like a favorite number you can talk to at least one person free (like MyFavs or Friends and Family) and it won't run down your minutes I would see if someone is nice enough to give you a Google Voice invite.
    not tryin to avoid using plan minutes, i actually do have unlimited receiving calls and free outgoing after 6pm (which is usually when i use skype so it won't affect my minutes). the reason im askin is simply because i want to understand exactly how it works this seems to be the only (free) app for skype

I have 2 that don't seem to be moving anywhere so I can spare one. PM me an email adress if you'd like and I'll forward you an invite. That way you can make the GV # a fave and make all calls thru the GV app.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    i probably won't need that because i'm a skype user. thanks for the offer tho i really appreciate it
    03-05-10 06:26 PM
    Yeah but with Skype you gotta pay to call people. With this, as long as they live in the US, it's free.
    03-06-10 01:55 AM
    did more research and found that they have servers all over the world, it basically uses your local minutes because you're calling the iSkoot server that's closest to your location, and they'll connect you online thru there

thx for the help guys and i hope this clears things up for those who didnt know
    03-06-10 12:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD