I want to delete apps from my 8310 that I know I wont use. BB messenger, some of the shopping icons, ect. My question is will it free up memory for other apps, and will it hurt anything?
    04-30-10 10:28 AM
    the shopping icons you get from att are just icons, you can't delete them because once you turn your phone off and on they will show back up. hardly any space is used for them anyways.

bbm: you can delete via apploader but do you really want to? You don't talk to anyone on that?

you could use maxmem to delete PTT and voice activated dilating which will gain you close to 3 mb if you dont use those
    04-30-10 10:32 AM
    Thanks. No, I really don't use IM. E-mail, text, FB, forums, and calling (weird huh ). Mainly I want to just clean it up.
    04-30-10 10:42 AM
    Thanks. No, I really don't use IM. E-mail, text, FB, forums, and calling (weird huh ). Mainly I want to just clean it up.
    What's left, BrickBreaker?

Applications Loader is the best way to install or remove applications, but it will not remove the core applications.

If you really want to do it, start with:

Options / Advanced Options / Applications. Highlight the Application you are considering and press Menu / Properties. Scroll down and note which modules are used in the Application.

Assuming you have installed your Device OS software on your computer, navigatge to:

c:\program files\common files\research in motion\shared\loaer files\Device-xxx\java.

Remove the modules you have previously identified and use Applications Loader to force the removal of the modules.

If it boots up, you should notice an substantial increase in memory. If it fails to boot, the modules were critical to the system and shared. Replace them and force a new build using Applications Loader.

In practice, none of the core applications can be removed with out causing side effects, some critical.
    04-30-10 11:05 AM
    Thanks for the info, guys.

I'm an old guy (43), and am just now getting into this high tech junk. Funny thing is that my dad is 64 is is into all the latest gadgets. He has a BB storm2. Very cool phone.
    04-30-10 11:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD