I need a call blocker app that blocks private and unknown numbers. I thought about call blocker pro but I read the reviews and it sounds like its a gamble whether it works or not. I've got an 8530 running 5.0.337. I'll take any suggestions please. Thank you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-17-10 08:24 PM
    I need a call blocker app that blocks private and unknown numbers. I thought about call blocker pro but I read the reviews and it sounds like its a gamble whether it works or not. I've got an 8530 running 5.0.337. I'll take any suggestions please. Thank you.

Personally right now my money is setting with iCall Manager Pro by iSoftware Labs. It seems to have the best consistency of operation for me out of all of them. I have tried Call Blocker Professional BuzzOff or whatever its called, among many others. iCall needs a few things simplified/refined and it will be the ULTIMATE call blocker in my opinion.

It can be found... iCall Manager PRO - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store

Blaine
    03-18-10 01:51 AM
    It allows you to set different profiles based on BlackList and WhiteList created under it. Even a Scheduled profile can be set. Install and try the free trial of the app from http://ota.getempower.com using your BlackBerry browser and test it yourself.
    03-18-10 05:57 AM
    Thank you for the replys. I'll try both and see what works the best for me. Thanks again!

03-18-10 07:01 AM
    +1 on the icall manager. BEST out there
    03-18-10 07:20 AM
    So I tried the icall manager and it locked up my phone. Twice. Don't think I'll be using it lol. But thank you for the suggestions. The advanced call blocker seemd to work just fine

03-18-10 07:37 PM
    So I tried the icall manager and it locked up my phone. Twice. Don't think I'll be using it lol. But thank you for the suggestions. The advanced call blocker seemd to work just fine

Tried BuzzOff, works wonders! Call Block Pro didn't seem to block Unknown and Private Numbers for me
    03-19-10 01:02 AM
    call blocker pro--- works great for me. I can't believe the issues everyone else is having when I hadn't had none. It even blocks my unknown/private calls when set at 250ms. In my opinion after trying others on the market--- this one seems to do the job.
    03-19-10 10:07 AM
    So I decided to use call blocker pro and no problems with it so far. Now, my gf wants one too but she has an 8330 running 4.5. But I don't know if it will work on hers. In one spot it says 4.7 or higher, but the it says it will work on 4.3 and higher further down. What gives? Will it work?

03-20-10 06:20 PM
    I use YouMail personally and it works AWESOME. It completely replaces your providers standard voicemail and I definitely give it two thumbs up. You can even set "DitchMail" options to prevent people from UNKNOWN or Blocked numbers from leaving you messages or force them to enter a valid phone number before being allowed to leave you one. And the best part about it is that you can download a wide array of "greetings" to play specifically to these callers (or any caller for that matter based on criteria of your choosing).
    For UNKNOWN callers, I use a disconnected greeting that fools them into thinking my number is no longer in service and I can't tell you how MUCH it has cut down on my spam calls...
    Granted, it's not an app that you load on your phone and your phone will still ring 4-5 times before going to "voicemail" unless you use it in conjunction with a "send straight to voicemail" type app, but that doesn't matter to me because once they hear that my phone is "no longer in service", they take me off their list anyway. Plus it saves on the available space on my BB for other apps...
    Just a thought. You should check it out!
    Oh, did I mention that it's 100% free?
    Last edited by AthieN; 03-20-10 at 07:22 PM.
    03-20-10 07:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD