I am a newbie on the blackberry storm and not very technically inclined so here is my question. When I download an app I only have a few it says less than 5mb memory remaining. My phone has a 8GB card installed and i only have a few apps. Can I change it to save on the card or just the application memory? If I can change it how do I do it? Thank you
    07-01-09 04:10 PM
    apps can only be saved/ installed to the internal memory.
    you can however have your ringtones, music, pictures, etc. stored on the memory card.

And welcome to crackberry.com
    07-01-09 04:12 PM
    Go to thetips and tricks forum. There is lots of info there on how to increase app memory. I went from 30 to 40mb after doing a few things with the same apps installed. The biggest thing was the Japanese characters 2mb right there

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-09 04:27 PM
    delete all languages you dont use by plugging your BB into your coputer, opening DM and doing add/remove applications under the App Loader button...you can also get rid of apps you do not use there

also be sure to Exit all apps rather than hit the End key...unlike dumb phones the BB multi-tasks and therefore keeps apps open, similar to minimizing them on your computer...you can fully exit by either holding the Back/Esc key for a second or two until the app closes when youre done or use the BB button and go to close/exit that will also help a lot. to see how many you have open at any time, hold down the BB button for a second or two and it will bring up the switch application menu and typically there should only be 4 or 5 running when you are not doing anything on the phone, maybe 6 if you keep an IM program running as I do. welcome to CB feel free to PM if you have any questions
    07-01-09 04:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD