I know a few of you were waiting since early November. Appworld finally approved/released it.

BlackBerry App World - craigslist mobile by Movela
    Last edited by hudss; 02-07-10 at 01:13 AM.
    02-07-10 12:29 AM
    why is this $4.99? the website is free to use... shouldnt the app?
    02-07-10 12:37 AM
    maybe if craigslist wrote it..these are the same developers that wrote the popular netflix app.

and yes we understand and feel your pain for all future comments of "I'll pass, the mobile site works good enough for me.".."or I bet it would be free if it was on the itune store"

on an ot note..Discovered appworld sucks even more since they releases by submission date and not when they approve it. The app was submitted in Nov but approved today and not listed as a new release.
    02-07-10 12:48 AM
    Do you know if it's better than the mCraig app for blackberry?
    02-07-10 01:01 AM
    Do you know if it's better than the mCraig app for blackberry?
    by far..blows it away
    02-07-10 01:03 AM
    by far..blows it away
    That's what I wanted to hear, however I'm gonna wait for it to go on sale.
    02-07-10 01:12 AM
    I have both, mCraig and Craiglist Mobile. mCraig is ok, basic, unrefined and so so on when getting results for me. Craigslist Mobile is definitely a finished product. Easy to use and works pretty much just like you would expect on Cragslist through the browser. It (Craglist Mobile) may be $2.00 more then mCraig but IMO, definitely worth it if you like to use Cragslist. It's the old adage, "you get what you pay for".
    02-07-10 02:17 PM
    There's no way the average consumer will want to pay for a fully featured app for a free website. Granted it offers a lot of features, but unless my job was based around craigslist or a heavy user, its not worth 4.99 to the average consumer.

99 cents however, I might consider it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-07-10 04:23 PM
    Why not take the same concept and create a CrackBerry application where you can choose which forums you want to be turned on and shut the rest off that you never use? A premium concept that's got to be worth $4.99!!
    02-07-10 04:29 PM
    Why is there a Blackberry 'tax' on apps? Similar apps on the iPhone are either .99 or $1.99.

I'd be interested in this, and it's not like the price difference is going to hurt me financially -- but I'll bypass this app on principle. I'd be curious how much they're going to make on this price point -- or how much they're going to lose.
    02-07-10 04:44 PM
    There's no way the average consumer will want to pay for a fully featured app for a free website. Granted it offers a lot of features, but unless my job was based around craigslist or a heavy user, its not worth 4.99 to the average consumer.

Well I'm an average consumer and I'll pay $4.99 for something I'll use on a daily basis. No one is forcing this application down your throats. Ya'll say the mobile site works just fine but if this application were free their servers would be crashing right now with all the downloads. So you clearly want the application, you just don't want to pay for it.

02-07-10 06:41 PM
    It would be worth the money if u could post an ad from your BB.
    02-07-10 07:05 PM
    I'd probably just go without unless it was free.
    02-07-10 07:47 PM
    yeah idk why anyone would pay for this... m.craigslist.com
    02-07-10 09:11 PM
    i posted this on the blog.

i bought it. mostly cause i've been waiting for 2 1/2 months for this. yes, you can use the bb browser. but i hate the damn scrolling to try and find the one or 2 things im looking for at the time.

this app is very nice. no scrolling for 30 seconds to hit the bottom of the page, it loads all the pictures correctly, it saves your recent searches and lets you bookmark things to go look at them later. the two things i dont like so far, is that you have to go back to "home" and then hit exit to fully exit the app. and that if you go to post on CL it will open the brower, i would like to be able to post an ad directly in the app. other than that, its a nice app to have.
    It would be worth the money if u could post an ad from your BB.
    i've been chatting back and for with the support guys, this is planned for an upcoming release. they'll have to tie it in with logging into the cl account to do so and are working on it from what i gather.
    02-07-10 10:06 PM
    Damn, well that could be a plus for the app.
    02-07-10 10:33 PM
    i already a huge fan of it. im always searching cl on my desktop, looking for old mopeds, old NES stuff, transformers, all sorts of crap. i really did not enjoy using the BB browser to view cl.

support also said
    We hope to release a free trial version with limited functionality at some point, but it is not available at the moment. I can tell you that I personally own a storm 2 and the application works as advertised on that device and actually supports any blackberry model OS 4.2 and higher. Thanks.
    02-07-10 10:55 PM
    I think it's pretty weak that Apple has spoiled people to the point that everyone expects to get a nice app for under a buck, if not for free. I don't personally want to spend 5 dollars, but if the app is good I will. These programmers or developers, or whatever you would call them, put in time on this stuff, that's why we hear about apps months before their release.

As it stands, I would like to know if anyone can say what size the app is and if it slows down the BB a lot/has any noticeable memory leak.

Thanks.

02-07-10 10:58 PM
    I think it's pretty weak that Apple has spoiled people to the point that everyone expects to get a nice app for under a buck, if not for free. I don't personally want to spend 5 dollars, but if the app is good I will. These programmers or developers, or whatever you would call them, put in time on this stuff, that's why we hear about apps months before their release.

As it stands, I would like to know if anyone can say what size the app is and if it slows down the BB a lot/has any noticeable memory leak.

Thanks.

It's close to a meg..I'm on an S2 and really haven't notice any major leaks...no slowness either, seems to work quicker than the other mentioned craigslist apps.
    02-07-10 11:17 PM
    It's close to a meg..I'm on an S2 and really haven't notice any major leaks...no slowness either, seems to work quicker than the other mentioned craigslist apps.
    I've yet to notice any memory leaks period with the Storm2. IF memory drops below 4MB for an app, usually Google maps does it, I get it back within 2 or 3 minutes after closing the app out.
    02-07-10 11:20 PM
    I like the app a lot and it's worth a measly $5 (to me). Except I want the ability to specify which email account I use to reply to postings. I don't necessarily want to use my default email account.

KZ
    02-07-10 11:48 PM

What he said people.
    02-08-10 12:44 AM
    hmmm... let's see.........Pay $5 for this app.....NAHH

If facebook charged for it's mobile app would you pay for it? Chances are you said no, so then tell me why would you pay $5 for an app that you would hardly use. I need all app memory I can get
    02-08-10 04:14 AM
    ya this is dumb. they could've made a killing off this app if they didnt charge an arm & a leg. man i cant wait to go android where this app is FREE!!!!!
    02-08-10 07:14 AM
    Charging for a portal to a for sale site?
    I'm sorry, did I move forward in time 20 years where the world has become 100% apathetic to anything? You can not charge for something like that. Completely unheard of... then on top of that, I have to load back into my BB another "app" (app-world) which consumes and wastes memory on my blackberry for what it does, just to be a able to download an "app" (if that's how you want to refer to it as), that is really just a fancy portal to a for sale site. Get real bro!
    I'm not trying to be mean, but you need to re-think your approach here.
    AND SHAME ON ANYONE who is willing to support such practices, by paying for it. We don't need folks justifying bad and greedy practices like this.
    02-08-10 07:20 AM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD