Is there a good RSS Newsreader that PUSHES RSS to the phone ?

I'm using Viigo now, but it seems to be missing two features I'm looking for:

1) An Icon notification for new news when its available on phone. With Viigo, I have to go into viigo to see if there is anything new, defeats the purpose of RSS. For that, I can just visit the site... Which RSS app actually displays an icon to let you know there is something new in the feed?

2) Viigo POLLS every xx amount of minutes you set to see if there is anything new, it would be more efficient and better if there was an app that gets RSS Pushed to it, when there is something new, is this possible without a BES/MDS?
    Last edited by kromix; 04-19-10 at 07:13 PM.
    04-19-10 07:01 PM
    Would like to know too.......i currently use twitter for RSS feeds......
    04-19-10 07:05 PM
    following...
    04-19-10 07:07 PM
    i agree twitter seems to be the best solution right now
    04-20-10 01:11 AM
    or at least to me something that is like viigo but not as bloated... that just does RSS feeds and displays them nicely... (dont really need push)

on a side note, i wouldnt be surprised with Viigo is released with an update and it will have push, now that Viigo is owned by RIM that wouldnt surprise me
    04-20-10 08:20 AM
    The Thompson-Reuters application is not an RSS reader but it does display an icon when there are new (unread) articles. If you leave it running in the backgound, it will automatically receive new articles but I do not know if these are pushed or pulled.

The app is free from Blackberry App World.
    04-20-10 09:47 AM
    or at least to me something that is like viigo but not as bloated... that just does RSS feeds and displays them nicely... (dont really need push)

on a side note, i wouldnt be surprised with Viigo is released with an update and it will have push, now that Viigo is owned by RIM that wouldnt surprise me
    Download Viigo Lite. It's the same thing without all the bloated stuff, just news.

www.getviigo.com/news

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by dvalle; 04-20-10 at 10:46 PM.
    04-20-10 10:43 PM
    Ya I looked into that, but its barely smaller... Regular viigo is 1.3MBs where as the lite is 1.1MBs... So not much gained... Thanks for the suggestion tho!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-20-10 10:50 PM
    FREERANGE is the best!! totally customizable !!!
    try it for yourself.. i guarantee satisfaction !!
    http://mwap.at
    06-08-10 11:52 AM
    Amazingly nobody has matched the speed of Freerange, which is surprising and sad because the thing is ancient...
    06-08-10 02:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD