OK

So I heard soooo many positive things about quicklaunch but after two weeks I just can't figure out what is so great about it. It does nothing more for me than my well organized home screen so what am I missing? With all the positive reviews on this application i have to be missing something.

What am I missing? I would appreciate real explanations on how the CB community is using quicklaunch to improve your BB experience. Right now quicklaunch just seems to add steps to already simple processes like checking email, changing profile, opening the web browse or viewing pictures. I usually just click on the icon of choice but with quicklaunch you have to open your menu, go to what you want or the sub folder(because if you don't have subfolders the list literally goes off the screen) that has what you want and then you finally get to what you want. Sounds crazy but that is how it feels.

Clearly I am missing something and I would appreciate everyones help in letting me know what that is.

Thanks
    12-22-09 11:15 AM
    I personally like to keep all my apps stored in my "Applications" folder and leave my BB menu clear of clutter. QL allows me to access these apps just by clicking my right app button. Also many people get a lot of use out of it when they are using certain themes that provide a minimalist design.

It really depends on how you have your berry configured. If you keep all of your apps at the BB Menu root then QL may not be very convenient. But if you store your apps in folders, or pics in folders and what not, then you may find that QL will take less steps
    12-22-09 11:29 AM
    Have you set up shortcut keys for QL? That is primarily how I use it - ie press left side button (how I launch QL) then "Q" toggles my Bluetooth on/off very quickly and easily. I don't like to leave it on all the time because the flashing blue light drives me nuts, so I always forget to turn it on until I'm driving. QL gives me a much safer (and quicker) way to turn it on as opposed to navigating through menus. That's just one example out of many.

Another quick one - I have QL set up to show the date/time so if I'm in the web browser or another app and want to know what time it is without going to the home screen, I just press the left button.
    Last edited by gritsinct; 12-22-09 at 12:00 PM. Reason: spelling
    12-22-09 11:59 AM
    For me it's good for 3 things:

easily turn bluetooth on and off
    take screenshots
    turn camera click off
    12-22-09 03:54 PM
    I don't like to leave it on all the time because the flashing blue light drives me nuts,
    You can disable the blue light you know. A better reason to keep bluetooth off is because it sucks down battery like it's going out of style.
    12-22-09 04:04 PM
    You can disable the blue light you know. A better reason to keep bluetooth off is because it sucks down battery like it's going out of style.
    This made me laugh out loud!
    12-22-09 06:48 PM
    OK

So I heard soooo many positive things about quicklaunch but after two weeks I just can't figure out what is so great about it. It does nothing more for me than my well organized home screen so what am I missing? With all the positive reviews on this application i have to be missing something.

What am I missing? I would appreciate real explanations on how the CB community is using quicklaunch to improve your BB experience. Right now quicklaunch just seems to add steps to already simple processes like checking email, changing profile, opening the web browse or viewing pictures. I usually just click on the icon of choice but with quicklaunch you have to open your menu, go to what you want or the sub folder(because if you don't have subfolders the list literally goes off the screen) that has what you want and then you finally get to what you want. Sounds crazy but that is how it feels.

Clearly I am missing something and I would appreciate everyones help in letting me know what that is.

Thanks
    You might want to try out ShortcutMe instead. It allows you to assign 6 applicaitons to your convenience keys (double click to toggle Bluetooth, tripple click to switch to Silent Profile, etc) and it allows you to assign (one, two, or three key combinations) shortcuts for your tasks and applications.
    2 or 3 key combinations allow you to have intuitive and easy to remember shortcuts, i.e.:

S J S (SMS John Simons)
    S C H (SMS Carl Hansen)
    A R M (App Restart Me)
    A G M (App Google Map)
    etc

The good thing about ShortcutMe is that if you switch to touch version of BB (or vise versa) you can still use your key combinations to launch your shortcuts. A time saver that stays by you.

ShortcutMe has 7 days fully functional trial version here
    ShortcutMe, Fastest BlackBerry Shortcuts Application - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Apps
    12-22-09 07:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD