I'm wondering if it is possible to purchase an app from app world - without having app world itself installed on the BB? When I try that, I get messages saying I must have the latest version of app world installed on the BB. Is it possible to purchase an app - after putting in my BB I.D. & password - just by downloading it from the computer?
    03-02-12 08:39 PM
    you could try it via Internet Explorer and App World webpage
    03-06-12 10:29 AM
    I'm wondering if it is possible to purchase an app from app world - without having app world itself installed on the BB? When I try that, I get messages saying I must have the latest version of app world installed on the BB. Is it possible to purchase an app - after putting in my BB I.D. & password - just by downloading it from the computer?
    The part in bold is definitely possible, but I can't comment on the part in italics. I have downloaded an app via my PC (even used a different BBID), and App World never came into play, although I did have it installed.

My guess is App World may be required for bookkeeping purposes such as proof of purchase and tracking update releases.
    03-06-12 11:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD