[public beta] BBM on your Desktop!
Greetings from Team Fixmo!
As you may have noticed, a new version of Fixmo Web Messenger is now available on various BlackBerry app stores marking the end of the Fixmo Web Messenger Beta.
We wanted to thank the members of this forum for participating in the Fixmo Web Messenger Beta over the last 6 weeks. We hope you enjoyed the experience and we sincerely appreciate the level of engagement and feedback that this community has provided on our latest product. As a special thank-you, beta users can use the Mobihand coupon code “FWMBETA” to purchase Fixmo Web Messenger for a special price of $1.99 (instead of our already discounted launch price of $2.99).
What’s new in Fixmo Web Messenger 1.0?
• Improved the responsiveness through a new "local Wi-fi" feature that forms a direct connection with your device over Wi-Fi
• Conveniently pop-out the Fixmo Web Messenger application into its own browser window
• New BBM message notifications through the web browser tabs
•Enhanced application security
•Support for international characters
•Minor bug fixes
You can redeem the coupon for the next week from the Mobihand store.
Thanks for trying Fixmo Web Messenger Beta!
Ryan & Fixmo Team
I’m sure many of you are also addicted to BlackBerry Messenger… well, we at Fixmo came up with a new solution:
Fixmo Web Messenger – finally you can have BlackBerry Messenger on the Desktop.
And now you have the chance to help beta test this new App!
Please read here how to get started:
1) Go to Fixmo Web Messenger – BlackBerry Messenger on the Web | Fixmo Inc. on your BB to download
2) Open the mobile App and create a new account with your email address and a password more than 8 characters, this is needed to log in to your BBM
3) Click on Connect
4) Now go to Fixmo Web Messenger Download | Fixmo Inc. and enter your login information there.
Click on Connect on the web interface and you should be ready to use BlackBerry Messenger from your desktop.
If it isn't working:
- Send us a log from your BB by going menu->Show Log then menu->Email log. Please provide as much information as possible
- Are you on a corporate BES? Are there any device permissions which
may prevent you from using this application? If so, which ones?
(there is currently a known issue with Corporate BES permissions on
Things to test:
- Turn-off your Wi-fi and try it on 3G, how fast is the Web application
refreshing your BBM?
- Turn on your Wi-fi, how fast is the Web application refreshing your
- If you are finding the application slow, try putting your BB on a wifi network. This should speed things up.
- If you have a touch screen device, use the PC mouse to navigate around by clicking on the screen.
- Use the box above the arrow key to type chat messages into, then press enter.
- Use the PC keyboard arrow keys to navigate through BBM
Do you have any other suggestions/feedback? Please let us know.
Last edited by CCApps; 06-21-11 at 08:51 PM. Reason: New links and coupons
- CrackBerry User
05-10-11, 03:47 AM #3
- 57 Posts
To be honest: That's not my idea of BBM on desktop. The fact that BBM has to be open and the streaming of the whole device screen make it even worser.
Why shouln't I take PCKeys or so?! You are streaming my whole device screen to nowhere and your connection isn't secure at all... Watch out when RIM knocks on your door.
- 05-10-11, 03:53 AM #4
Wow another innovation from the Fixmo team!
I probably won't be able to light up my PC and really test until this afternoon. (It's 1:50:49 AM for me right now.)
It will be really interesting to see this progress…
Are there any thoughts/plans on integrating BBM "smilies" into this?
- CrackBerry User
05-10-11, 03:57 AM #5
- 20 Posts
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
- 05-10-11, 04:24 AM #7
I've tried this for a while now. It runs, but slowly. It lags about 4 - 5 seconds and I can clearly see my Mac trying to process the image on my screen, coz the screen quality actually gets better after a while.
Other then that, everything works.
The not cool part is that BBM must be open.
But I just LOVE your work.
- 05-10-11, 04:45 AM #11
i like the whole idea of bbm on your desktop, but i think that because the app/bbm has to be open etc. it defeats the object. and id rather i downloaded a program then doing it on my web browser. but the whole concept is great, well done!!
- 05-10-11, 06:11 AM #14
- 05-10-11, 11:45 AM #22
Can't access groups...
Slow even on wifi... (picture quality is blurry and then sharpens up in 2 - 3 sec when you go into a chat or type a message, typing is very slow...)
Thats about all I found so far
Nice concept but not really what I am looking for...thanks
- CrackBerry User
05-10-11, 11:54 AM #25
- 12 Posts
I downloaded and followed instructions. Tested in full wIFI and also in 3G. This application is really slow no matter what you do. I type in key on my laptop keyboard and they dont show up on the screen but i see them on my device.
Also you have to keep your device open with the application running. I thought i could leave my device in my holster and use the web browser to command the messenger. This is not what i thought it was going to be. Im glad Fixmo has come up with another application but not sure if i can find any benefit to this unless the device can stay put and i can do other things while the laptop browser does its thing. Thats pretty much all i have to say at this time.