Pseudo Fingerprint Reader - Free for 3 days
Here's a lock screen that imitates a fingerprint reader... and also works well to prevent accidental unlocking. The idea for this came from an existing app that's been #1 for over a month, but this one works differently, just as cool but more functional since it won't unlock just by being touched in a particular spot. You have to slide across the screen just like ordinary slide-to-unlock apps, but instead of a graphical slider, there are light bars that scan across your finger the opposite way.
This is a promo version that will work for free (no ads) until just after the new year. But it's only being distributed for a short time, before this weekend.
TOUCHSCREEN is REQUIRED ! ! If you install on a non-touch device, you'll have to reset the phone and delete the app.
It's not very large, under 200k. You can click Menu to switch to a battery display, and Escape brings you back to the Earth & Stars background. You can also set a custom background, choose the scaling and whether the fingerprint scanner is overlaid on that or underneath, choose the color of the clock and scanner's light bar to match, etc.
After the promo, it will be available as a free trial in App World, HERE.
Last edited by liquid_metal; 11-13-2012 at 10:27 PM.
- 11-13-2012, 10:04 AM #2
Re: Pseudo Fingerprint Reader - Free for 3 days
The AppWorld link provided indicates that the item doesn't exist?
The requested item does not exist or is not available (EC )MY TAKE ON THE BOLD 9900... I DON'T KNOW HOW, OR WHY, BUT IT WORKS!!!
- 11-13-2012, 09:44 PM #4
Forgive me, but I did not recognize the user name, so I was a bit wary of downloading it, but when I saw the author was LSPhone on the download page, I felt comfortable and I had no issues in downloading it.
My observation, suggestions, and requests:
1) Getting to the settings screen is a bit painful. I may have to swipe 3-4 times to get it to open. Continuously repeating the sliding motion also results in the app freezing, then a battery pull is necessary as I can no longer access my device. I thought there may be a tip that you could provide regarding this, please? Or, at least let me know what I’m doing wrong.
2) I would like to see a drop box option showing the different examples of selections for the time/date format. Something similar to what you did for the lock delay. Something like 10:00/10:00am-pm/10:00:20am-pm and so on. I would really like the same for the date format. Like an option for a long date such as Tuesday, November 13, 2012.
3) In the “Non-Locking Apps” section there are many applications that are redundantly listed. Some of them are listed up to 3-5 instances.
4) Is there a way for you to incorporate a wallpaper changer to use in the back round? Like Shao’s Wallpaper Changer? You provided the ability to select a single wallpaper only, but for people like myself, I would love to be able to rotate my wallies.
5) I would like to see the addition of the color red for the scanner and date & time.
6) Although I unchecked the “Activate on Start-Up” option, the check mark returns after backing out of the setting screen and going back in. I do have it set to “Suspend Now” though, so I guess it doesn’t harm anything, but I thought it may be a bug.
7) I would love to see the battery icon deplete & fill to reflect the percentage. I have not seen any changes as my battery drains. Also, an additional check mark option box to enable battery information text beneath the battery icon. Maybe current percentage, current temperature (with Celsius/Fahrenheit options) etc. Especially time left for device use. To be able to select one or a combination of these would be awesome.
8) If I leave the lock screen with the battery icon, after the back light times out and the screen goes dark, when I wake the device up again it reverts back to the earth. Is there a way to make the app “remember” the state it was in before the light times out?
9) I know there was probably a lot of work put into this, but I would really appreciate the removal of the fingerprint on the application icon. I think just the scanner bar would suffice. It is only my personal preference, but that fingerprint is so ugly. Thanks for making an option to remove the animated one from the lock screen!
10) I know you mentioned file size, but an addition of a locking and unlocking sound (2 distinctive different types of clicks) would be great as an audio confirmation! Would this addition add too much to the file size? I know incorporating audio files can bulk up an app.
11) I assigned it to QL for easy access to the application, but when called up it is on the settings screen. Can’t get it to be called up as a lock screen. I would also recommend adding a “Fingerprint Lock” selection to the BB menu for easy access instead of hunting for the icon itself. A lot of people don’t use QL (and it doesn’t work) or similar applications.
I truly do not want anyone to be offended. I am assuming feedback was the intentions of offering it for free for only a limited time. These are just my suggestions and they can be taken with a grain of salt. You may not want to invest any additional effort in this, which I would understand. However, I just think that these changes could add real value to the application, and the purchase price can reflect that accordingly.
I’m going to mess with this some more, and if I find anything else I will post it here.
Thanks for listening.MY TAKE ON THE BOLD 9900... I DON'T KNOW HOW, OR WHY, BUT IT WORKS!!!
1. Re. reaching settings: Bug found and fixed. It happened if your finger left the display before the 2nd scan finished.
2. Re. date format: Understand, but there are so many settings already, that I want to avoid presenting the users with too many decisions to make.
3. Re. duplicated in exception selector: Many apps have multiple apps ("entry points") in one module, but don't name them distinctly. Usually the 1st one is the app's icon, but not always. The others are also listed for the sake of listing absolutely everything on the phone, to cover all cases, i.e. for apps that have multiple icons. There might actually be cases where someone needs to add the 2nd or 3rd instance, but not the 1st.
When in doubt, the easiest way is to let the screen lock from inside the app in question, then go the the lock screen's settings and select "Add app in use", that will select the right one.
4. Yes, a wallpaper changer could be done. If this app becomes popular maybe I'll add one.
5. Red and Orange have been added to the colors.
6. Re. Activate checkbox: Please try selecting Check Permissions in the app's menu, maybe it's not been granted permission to save settings.
7. Battery draining/filling and color shifting have been fixed, and lightning bolt added when charging.
8. Display mode (Battery vs. Earth or plain background) is now "sticky".
9. Re. fingerprint: There's already an option to turn it off, at the bottom of the setup page. I'll draw a nicer fingerprint since real ones are ugly.
10. Re. action sounds: AFAIK, It would not be able to follow the current profile unless it used ringtones for sounds, and the sounds would have to be set outside the app, in Options or Profiles. I think it would cause more complaints than we're likely to get by just leaving sounds out.
11. Re. QuickLaunch opening setup rather than the lock screen: Solved.
P.S. thank you for the assistance
edit: the links above now download the updated version.
Last edited by liquid_metal; 11-14-2012 at 06:07 AM.
- 11-17-2012, 10:06 PM #8MY TAKE ON THE BOLD 9900... I DON'T KNOW HOW, OR WHY, BUT IT WORKS!!!
- 11-17-2012, 10:20 PM #9
Another thought or two regarding the lock screen...
I am really hoping that you can incorporate Shao's Wallpaper Changer.
In addition I would actually love to also see Bellshare's BerryWeather (BeWeather) on the lock screen. Probably in one of the top corners.
I would also recommend being able to receive email, text, BBM etc. message indicators and show them along the top edge of the lock screen.
Asking too much?MY TAKE ON THE BOLD 9900... I DON'T KNOW HOW, OR WHY, BUT IT WORKS!!!
- By mustangboy88 in forum BlackBerry Bold 9780 ThemesReplies: 12Last Post: 03-12-2011, 09:32 PM
- By cindylike24 in forum BlackBerry Curve 8530/8520 ThemesReplies: 3Last Post: 07-14-2010, 04:21 PM
- By UFCfan in forum BlackBerry Tour 9630Replies: 2Last Post: 01-27-2010, 01:17 PM
- By RealEstatePro in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 13Last Post: 05-08-2009, 10:52 AM
- By b.nelson in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 12Last Post: 04-28-2009, 07:39 AM