Hey Guys, I just got my torch stolen -__-.... So I am no longer TorchUser5000...

I might just get the bold now instead, but thats not the question.

I had BB Protect on my Torch but as any smart theif would do, they shut it off and probably removed the sim card. To this "GPS" locater feature on the BlackBerry Protect app proved useless...

I've heard of things such as Blackberry ER.. but I don't know if it works if the phone is wiped clean..

Please guys, give me some apps I can download to recover my bb if stolen!
    06-23-11 12:22 AM
    Lol, it's this thing called insurance. Nothing will get your blackberry back, and would you really want to go follow the one that stole it anyway? You could put yourself in serious danger.

Insurance+encryption+password lock is the only thing you can do.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    LuisCast likes this.
    06-23-11 02:53 AM
    I have BB Protect on my 9650. I have the GPS enabled though I know the first thing a smart theif will do is shut the phone off, but their is always the off chance. I also encrypt the files on my memory card as I know this will be taken out first thing. Besides that I have the phone set to lock upon startup and every 10 minutes the phone is idle and hope for the best. In the event my phone is lost or stolen I also have insurance.
    06-23-11 10:00 AM
    argggghhhh! double post
    06-23-11 10:05 AM
    Lol, it's this thing called insurance. Nothing will get your blackberry back, and would you really want to go follow the one that stole it anyway? You could put yourself in serious danger.

Insurance+encryption+password lock is the only thing you can do.

Maybe call the Police? I've been doing Martial Arts for 23 years, I doubt any scrawny theif can put me in serious danger, unless they have a gun of course...
    06-23-11 12:07 PM
    Maybe call the Police? I've been doing Martial Arts for 23 years, I doubt any scrawny theif can put me in serious danger, unless they have a gun of course...
    LOL, call the police? Nice one!
    06-23-11 03:48 PM
    LOL, call the police? Nice one!
    Maybe you can stop acting like a smartass and share some legitimate ideas.. not laugh at me. My carrier doesn't have good insurance, so its useless anyways..
    07-07-11 01:56 AM
    Maybe you can stop acting like a smartass and share some legitimate ideas.. not laugh at me. My carrier doesn't have good insurance, so its useless anyways..
    I'm not being a smartass, I am a former policeman. Police forces are far too outstretched to have the time to chase lost or stolen mobile phones. They don't even attend minor traffic accidents here.

You can buy aftermarket phone insurance now days, you don't have to rely on your carrier.

07-07-11 02:27 AM
    You could always get a CDMA BlackBerry on a CDMA carrier. No SIM card.
    07-07-11 05:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD