I hate to be a pest on this, but am trying to decide which of these programs is best before I download one of them.

Which works better with the GPS? Does either or both of them keep up with your current location or do you have to manually refresh GPS? Which provides the best features and information?

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    02-26-08 10:43 AM
    I actually haven't tried BlackBerry Maps, but I absolutely love Google Maps! Works perfectly with the GPS and auto-updates with your location. It was accurate enough to track me walking through my house when I had it set on satellite view. It was accurate down to a couple of feet and could easily tell which room I was in when zoomed in all the way on the map. Very sweet.
    02-26-08 10:52 AM
    very happy with GoogleMaps and yes it updates your location automatically
    02-26-08 11:05 AM
    GoogleMaps works great. When you first turn it on depending on where you are you might need to hit refresh, but once you're locked in it follows you.
    02-26-08 11:21 AM
    on google you can find a location and map from your location to the location you searched for. on bberry maps you need to know the address to get directions. So google has it down when searching for a location.

but bberry follows you and tells you what street your on, the crossroads, your speed, so it's nice!
    02-26-08 11:42 AM
    love google maps the GPS si great with it on the 8310.
    02-26-08 11:51 AM
    Google maps is easy to use and its update feature is great.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-08 12:33 PM
    I like em both but I wish google would (1) Track up your path (2) tell u what street your on & how fast your going & what direction your heading(east,west,etc) If google got this like bbmaps does it would b hands down Google but I'll continue 2 use both until then

02-26-08 12:46 PM
    I have both BB maps and Google. For me I prefer BB maps.
    02-26-08 01:27 PM
    I have the 8300 curve and do not have GPS and google still can pinpoint me within a couple hundred yards which is not bad considering bb maps cant find me at all, even when i put in my address (kinda live in the boonies)
    02-26-08 03:24 PM
    I like em both but I wish google would (1) Track up your path
    do you have the new beta? I may be misunderstanding your post, but google shows where you currently are on the map in relation to the route
    02-26-08 03:36 PM
    I'm partial to Google Maps. I have a gps receiver and it works very well with the program. I think a few tweaks would make GMaps truly outstanding, but for a free app, it's still pretty good. I deleted BBMaps a while ago since I hardly ever used it.
    02-26-08 03:40 PM
    I agree with te rest of them! I love Google Maps... Incredibly accurate and easy to follow. It follows you're every move. I drove from Denver to Winter Park, (which doesn't always allow for good reception) and Google Maps kept up!
    02-26-08 03:45 PM
    ok, so does the 8320 pinpoint your location even though it doesn't have the gps receiver?
    02-26-08 04:04 PM
    does the gps cost extra if you have unlimited data?
    02-26-08 07:02 PM
    I know that in both of these apps, the blue dot that is "your location" follows you where you go, but does the screen follow the blue dot wherever it goes on the map, or do you you have to manually adjust the screen-view of the map to keep up with the dot? That probably wasn't very clear, but it was harder than I thought to explain.
    12-04-09 02:17 AM
    As long as your actually "tracking" your position both Google Maps and Blackberry Maps keeps up with you. Depending on what I'm doing I use Blackberry Maps or Google Maps, but Google is still my hands down favourite.

Blackberry Maps is fun for catching friends speeding when your sitting in the car if you want to bug them.

On the note about is the GPS extra if you have unlimited data .... the GPS doesn't affect your data package as it is locally on your blackberry, but the unlimited data won't hurt especially if your using Google Maps with Satellite View instead of Map View as it will eat up more data. Not sure how much more but I don't think its too much.
    12-04-09 02:59 AM
    this is just my .02 cents worth. blackberry maps seems very basic( i know, that was the idea) but it works much better for me and i'm not sure why. google maps is always way off for me. it always tells me "this is my location with in 2100 to 2400 meters". i dont know about you but for me that is a huge offset. i need to know that i am closer that two and a half clicks to my desired location. has this happened to anyone else?
    12-04-09 06:11 AM
    also i find google maps to be a little outdated. i was at the dr.'s the other day and pulled up both, google maps showed me in the woods and did not show the business park that the office was in, bb maps showed me in the parking lot but was off by maybe 10-20 meters(a lot better than 2100-2400 meters)
    12-04-09 10:31 AM
    also i find google maps to be a little outdated. i was at the dr.'s the other day and pulled up both, google maps showed me in the woods and did not show the business park that the office was in, bb maps showed me in the parking lot but was off by maybe 10-20 meters(a lot better than 2100-2400 meters)
    Google Maps is not outdated. The OS on your Verizon phone is set to position you based on cell towers and not GPS satellites with Google Maps.
    12-04-09 12:22 PM
    I don't know about Verizon, but on Sprint, Google maps doesn't always find me via GPS. Then it's not too close. (It's like km04 said.) Sometimes it is dead on (scary accurate.) BB maps seems more reliable.

I also found that Poynt's search results are affected by which maps you use. (I think I prefer BB on this one, too.)
    12-04-09 12:58 PM
    Google Maps is not outdated. The OS on your Verizon phone is set to position you based on cell towers and not GPS satellites with Google Maps.
    where i am positioned and what it is based off of has nothing to do with the image i get. i was saying that there are features and landmarks on the bb maps that are not there on google maps.(even when i know where i am and scroll to the correct place on the map)
    12-04-09 01:22 PM
    I like em both but I wish google would (1) Track up your path (2) tell u what street your on & how fast your going & what direction your heading(east,west,etc) If google got this like bbmaps does it would b hands down Google but I'll continue 2 use both until then

I'm with wcjjjc.....It disorients me if the track isn't up. I have the 8330 and BB maps is accurate enough....if I get hungry or something, I fire up Google Maps...BB maps for getting there, and Google for when I get there locally.
    01-26-10 07:04 AM
    To my knowledge, BBMaps is the only GPS that works for free on a VZW Curve 8330. As stated before, Google Maps works off cell towers and is not very accurate when used this way on a VZW 8330. From what I have read, other VZW devices offer a broader GPS experience.
    01-26-10 10:25 AM
    My gmaps locates me within 4 meters which is about 13 feets and it's accurate enough for me.

01-26-10 06:26 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD