Hi,

I frequently use the built-in RSS reader on my Torch to read the news. However, most feeds only have a few lines in the RSS itself, and you need to go to the main page for the rest of it. Since I do most of my reading in the subway, I don't have an Internet connection.

Is there a proper (even paid) RSS application that will let me read the main news sites offline? The Torch has plenty of memory, so why not put that to good use?

I know there has been other threads like this, but I haven't been able to find a conclusive answer. There must be something like this, right!?

Thanks in advance
    01-21-11 02:49 PM
    Check out BerryReader from your device browser.

Superstore
    01-21-11 04:01 PM
    +1 for BerryReader!

Originally, before I had gotten my Torch and had my Curve 8900, I had purchased BerryReader because I too was looking for a full featured RSS Reader that would/could sync with an RSS Reader on my computer. Fortunately, BerryReader does just that! It syncs with Google Reader so that way whether I add a new subscription on the web (via GR on my computer) or on my BlackBerry (via BR), everything is in sync so I can view my subscriptions either on my comp or BB!

When I had picked up my Torch the day of release and started reloading apps, I had decided to try out the RSS Reader within the Social Feeds application. To be honest, I had grown to like it because of it's simplicity. It (for the most part) did everything I needed it too and within the same app, I could check recent status updates and tweets to cure my social fix.

A couple months down the road and RIM then released their BlackBerry News Feeds application! Of course, being that it's an app directly from RIM dev's themselves, I switched over to using that because there is more options than the RSS Reader within Social Feeds and plus there are catagories to search through so you can easily find new content to subscribe to!

But there just wasn't enough options, at least not at the moment for me...So, I switched back to using Berry Reader!

There are MANY options within BR and the option to view articles "offline" is of course there! To be honest, I can't think of a better option in this catagory, at least not yet! RIM's BlackBerry News Feeds app is pretty legit with basic functionality and will definitely suit the average user but if you're looking for an RSS Reader with a whole lot more options, THEN BerryReader IS THE WAY TO GO!

Posted using my CrackBerry Torch at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Jleeblanch; 01-21-11 at 05:59 PM.
    01-21-11 05:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD