I have blu ctrl on my bb and laptop. The only thing I use it for is when my laptop is hooked up to the tv so I can access hulu and other sites for tv watching. It works great when it works but every time I start it up, I have to try multiple times involving re-pairing, restarting comp and/or bb even though it shows that it is already paired and my computer sees the blackberry.

Since I would be using it for such a limited use, vnc and rdm sound like much more than I need. Is there something more basic similar to blu ctrl that works more reliably? I've read on the forums about it not working for people but that sounds like it didn't from the start. I just don't know why I have such a hard time getting it working.
    04-08-09 09:26 AM
    I had probs w BluCntrl also. Namely, no BT audio devices would pair w my laptop and function correctly w their drivers installed. Bought MobiMouse for I think 6 bucks and couldn't be happier w it. Uninstalled all the BluCntrl stuff and rolled back drivers and everything works well, together. Plus has lots of cool programable pc shortcuts. MobiMouse can connect to laptop via BT, WiFi or USB

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-08-09 10:40 AM
    Thanks, I will download the free trial and test it out.
    04-08-09 11:46 AM
    Wow!

Thanks for mentioning mobi mouse, it's amazing!

Been trying to find something like this for so long!

Can't believe it doesn't get the attention it deserves.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-08-09 12:07 PM
    Well, I just downloaded the trial of mobi mouse and was up and running in less than 5 minutes. I'm going to try it out for a couple days before buying just to make sure but this was definitely much easier than blu ctrl. All I had to do was change the com port and then refresh service list on the bb. I also found it on sale for $6.99 until 4/10 if anyone is interested, Mobihand and one other site had it on sale, don't remember the other. I also really like that the keys can be customized for shortcuts. This looks like it will be great. Thanks for the suggestion!
    04-08-09 04:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD