If you are using the latest version of PictureID beta 1.2.x with ringtone management then you should download and install PicIDProfiler. PicIDProfiler is free and it should only be used if you have pictureID installed.

What PicIDProfiler does it allows you to select a profile just like the system profile app. The only different with PicIDProfiler is it only switches the profile and let PictureID know the active profile. If you do not use picIDProfiler and use ringtones in pictureID then pictureID will not know which profile is the active one and thus when the system profile is set to "Vibrate" pictureID will play the ringtone instead of just vibrate.

here is the OTA link http://www.toysoft.ca/beta/PicIDProfiler.jad

picturID beta can be found here www.toysoft.ca/beta/PictureID.jad
    08-28-08 12:26 PM
    Does this mean everytime I want to switch profile I'll need to do it both at the system profile and PicIDProfiler?
    10-02-08 04:39 PM
    Does this mean everytime I want to switch profile I'll need to do it both at the system profile and PicIDProfiler?
    no. just use the PicIDProfiler unless you want to switch to a custom profile.
    10-03-08 11:08 AM
    it is my understanding that this application is not fully compatible with the Storm yet? If this is the case, any idea when an update will be released?
    01-18-09 01:26 PM
    If we do not have ringtones set in PictureID do we even need to use PicIDProfiler? I just have a single default ringtone for all callers and did not set up any custom ringtones using PictureID, as I use it only for caller ID photos.
    02-18-09 12:31 AM
    no. you just use the PiciDProfiler. use only use this if you use picID to play ringtones.

if you just use picID for full screen callerID then you do not need picIDProfiler.
    02-18-09 10:31 AM
    What will be the status if I am using PicID and setting the ring tones for each contact from the Contact Manager ?

Will I still require PicIDProfiler ?

Ninad.
    03-02-09 04:31 AM
    What will be the status if I am using PicID and setting the ring tones for each contact from the Contact Manager ?

Will I still require PicIDProfiler ?

Ninad.
    if you use pictureid to manage ringtones then you do not set ringtones in the Contact app.

since PictureID has no idea what the profile is IF you use the Profile app to switch the profile. that is why you need to use picidProfiler.
    03-02-09 11:18 AM
    You need to get decent icons done up for your appz. When I see the other icons, Toysoft icons are nowhere close. Come on, you can surely do better.

Ninad.
    03-05-09 04:03 AM
    You need to get decent icons done up for your appz. When I see the other icons, Toysoft icons are nowhere close. Come on, you can surely do better.

Ninad.
    the icon is in lowres and it is resize on the Storm. we will update the icon when you update piciD
    03-05-09 11:16 AM
    so i tried the picture ID for my phone (Blackberry Curve) as a trial, since its expired now it wont let me remove the app from my phone using desktop manager. Now since its expired, it still lets me know it with large red print acrross stating ITS EXPIRED! everytime someone calls me now. please help me to remove this app. also im unable to email toysoft for whatever reason

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-08-09 11:44 AM
    so i tried the picture ID for my phone (Blackberry Curve) as a trial, since its expired now it wont let me remove the app from my phone using desktop manager. Now since its expired, it still lets me know it with large red print acrross stating ITS EXPIRED! everytime someone calls me now. please help me to remove this app. also im unable to email toysoft for whatever reason

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    goto the Options->advanced->applications app and select picID and delete it. do a reset when it asks
    03-09-09 11:19 AM
    Hi, I installed the Picture PicIDProfiler and PicID and even then does not the ringtone works
    07-07-09 10:55 AM
    Hi, I installed the Picture PicIDProfiler and PicID and even then does not the ringtone works
    new picid2 does not use ringtone or the profiler anymore
    07-07-09 11:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD