Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    CrackBerry Newbie

i've tried setting all 3 options to "allow" and it still doesn't work unfortunately.
    has anyone else fixed their issue in another way? It's really inconvenient to have to reach for a cable and computer to upload
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

I tried this. It didn't help.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    PIN
    3218A5F8

still having issues with this.

My error message is always, "A connection cannot be established to the Facebook server." However, I can send/receive notifications with FB and such, so there is a connection.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Me Too!!

Have you figured it out yet? I can't seem to fix it!

Michele
    CrackBerry User

im working on this as well. seems hit and miss for people. quite odd if you want my 2 pennies.
    "Celebrities walk on red carpet because they are famous, I walk on toilet paper because i'm the s**t"
    CrackBerry Newbie

Try this. On your PC, Go to your facebook home page, Click on Settings, Click on the Mobile Tab. Follow the directions to register via SMS Text Message. Be sure to tell it you DO NOT want SMS Text notifications for all you different fb activity! Unless you really want to be annoyed. Once I registered this way I was able to upload pictures again. Hope that helps.
    CrackBerry Newbie

I tried this myself and it didn't work for me. I have tried rebooting it and that didn't work. I have the 1.7 version. I used to be able to upload them no problem. But for some reason I can't anymore. Every once in a while I can, but it's very rare. It sucks. It just keeps telling me that a server cannot be established. I am still able to use facebook mobile, I still get notifications, and messages for facebook and all of that. I just can't send pics.
    CrackBerry Abuser

same with barbara...i cant upload pic since i don't know when (cant remember). used to be can upload, but everytime facebook for blackberry have a new update software, i always upgrade it

delete, batery pull, re-install, none seem working
    CrackBerry User

I had the same problem on my curve. I downloaded the bolt browser from crackberry apps and you can actually access the facebook web page there. Uploading photos is still a bit tricky but I uploaded photos yesterday that I had been trying unsuccessfully for weeks. I had to click on the add more photos link in the desired album and then click on the "simple uploader" link at the bottom of the page. Works great!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Possible fix

1. Open Camera application
    2. Click on Menu
    3. Select Options
    4. Change Picture Size from Large (1600 x 1200) to Medium (1024 x 768).
    5. Click on Menu
    6. Select Save

If the above doesn't work, try changing the picture size to Small (640 x 480).

This worked for me after trying EVERYTHING i'd read all over reguarding this issue! hope it works for all of you
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Jeca302 View Post
    1. Open Camera application
    2. Click on Menu
    3. Select Options
    4. Change Picture Size from Large (1600 x 1200) to Medium (1024 x 768).
    5. Click on Menu
    6. Select Save

If the above doesn't work, try changing the picture size to Small (640 x 480).

This worked for me after trying EVERYTHING i'd read all over reguarding this issue! hope it works for all of you
    This also worked for me. After I changed the picture I remembered changing the size months ago (which is when I started having problems uploading pictures). Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Newbie

I've tried all of the above and it still doesn't work. Mine was working fine until I had to swap out batteries, I know that doesn't effect the phone, it was just funny that before the battery went bad it worked, then after it didn't. I've uninstalled, reinstalled, Confirmed picture size is the smallest, etc.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Go to the options in the camera and change it to medium size. Mine started to work right away since then.
    CrackBerry Newbie

I had a the same problem with my Curve 8330 and this is what I did to fix my issue.

Go to camera and click options
    Change picture size to medium
    Change picture quality to normal

By doing this, I am able to upload pictures to facebook via the bb facebook application.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default cannot upload photos to facebook from blackberry

Ok. Looks like FB is not going to address this issue the way they should, which is fixing the links in the app. However, there is an alternate way to make our mobile uploads: email (kind of dumb to me).

First, you need to log into your FB account from a PC (or laptop) and then click on your Profile and in your Wall.

Second, right under the "What's on your mind?" prompt (some like to call it the Publisher) click on the the Photos icon right next to "Attach:"

Third, click on "Upload a photo"; right after this you'll see "Select an image file on your computer." and under the Browse field, clik on the "upload via email" link.

Fourth: a small window will pop up containing an email address that FB has assigned to you. Well, you have to email your mobile upload to that email address. Whaterever you write on the email subject and body will show on your mobile post.

In my particular case, the email address that I was assigned looked kind of suspicious to me (and no, I am not that paranoid) so I did a test before making an official upload, but it worked fine.

I see a lot of BB users searching all over the web for an answer on this issue, so here it is. Facebook explains it as well, but is not quite easy to find it or clear to follow.

Anyways, hope this info helps you all.

'Till later.
    CrackBerry Newbie

SOLUTION...for me at least...
    Finally...I tried everything but when I changed the settings on my camera to "small" they finally uploaded. I also tried it on "medium" and that did not work. I have 1.7 FB app.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Finally a solution sort of

The e-mail solution worked, not very elegant. Seems RIM and or Facebook not interested in fixing real problem. Have had this issue for months.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    128 Global Posts

Default New app to send pictures to Facebook & Twitter

You may want to try this new free app that is currently in beta :

Open Beta: ShareIt - Send Pics/Links to Twitter & Facebook with One Click
    CrackBerry Newbie

After months of frustration and trying everything, this is the only way I can do it...I have to email the picture to myself and then I can just click on that when I open it I can "Send to Facebook".....takes a bit longer, but works nonetheless.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default I cant upload pic to facebook without a error! I GOT IT!

I was having problems up loading. Once I upgraded to the new version it would give me the error message. I noticed it kept saying resizing picture. I went in to options in my pictures changed the size from large to med and WALA! it works I am back to normal..well at least in face book. Hope it helps you out!
    CrackBerry Newbie

GO in to options for pictures change the size of the picture from large to med and it will load with no problems. Error will stop with new upload picture is to big.
    CrackBerry Newbie

I know this is an old thread but...
    its seems to have happened again ,i can not upload pictures to facebook any more
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,533 Global Posts

Try upgrading to version 1.8. It's truly better. Uninstall whatever version you already have and reboot first though, just in case.
    CrackBerry Newbie

So I have the problem wth uploading pics to facebook too, but it happens so much I'm almost over it. The one that is frustrating the you know what outta me .. is sending pics via mms.... it just keeps coming back with that wonderful red X... same with emailing pics from my bb camera... why does this uploading pics function SUCK so bad??!?!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12