I can't upload any pictures from my bb to facebook w the facebook app. I click the upload photo icon and its let's me go thru the whole process and as soon as I hit 'upload' I get and error notification in my facebook inbox. Anybody know how to fix?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-09 07:43 AM
    I use Media... just find the picture you want... click the Menu, the select Send to Facebook... that's how I do it all the time.
    08-28-09 08:03 AM
    I just took a picture and then sent it from the preview display... and it zoomed in like usual!!
    08-28-09 08:16 AM
    Tried the app too... and it worked as well...
    08-28-09 08:18 AM
    Go to Options >Advanced Options >Applications. Highlight the Facebook application >Hit Menu >Edit Default Permissions. Set all three to "Allow"
    08-28-09 08:19 AM
    SevereD, I tried what u said, and a few of them weren't set to allow, all 3 r now and I'm still gettin the error notification

08-28-09 01:31 PM
    Did you do a battery pull after these where set??? Leave your device on, pull the battery for 20 seconds, put it back in and wait to boot up.
    08-28-09 02:02 PM
    any chance the picture is too large?
    08-28-09 02:19 PM
    SevereD, I tried what u said, and a few of them weren't set to allow, all 3 r now and I'm still gettin the error notification

I have the same problem, even after changing permissions and a battery pull... any help would be appreciated
    08-28-09 03:11 PM
    I have the same problem, even after changing permissions and a battery pull... any help would be appreciated
    Uninstall, battery pull, install again.
    08-28-09 03:17 PM
    I doubt it is the picture size.... Facebook app re-sizes it to upload faster....

08-28-09 04:47 PM
    Changing the permissions does the trick for many, I had to do it myself awhile back, worked perfectly. I would delete the FB application and re-install it...
    08-28-09 04:52 PM
    Sometimes a reboot helps. Pull the battery
    08-28-09 05:19 PM
    Uninstall, battery pull, install again.
    Uninstalled, pulled battery, reinstalled, edited permissions, try to upload a photo - FAIL.

I will just have to upload pix from my PC.
    08-28-09 09:20 PM
    i upgraded to .231 today and i had to reinstall faceboock app and its still not letting me upload pics. im pissed because thats one of the cool parts about having facebook on ur phone, to throw pictures up quickly.
    if anyone has any other ideas as to y its not letting me upload pics please let me know
    08-30-09 12:11 AM
    I am having the same problem. I cant upload ANY photos from my Storm! Whats the problem?? I set all permissions to allow and nothing? I just uninstalled the app (waiting on reboot) then will reinstall it and see what happens? This is realling pissing me off at this point!!
    08-30-09 04:39 PM
    Try downgrading to version 1.5.0.32 for a change. It works like a charm whereas the newer version 1.6+ had failed me many times.

Or u can wait for RIM to release a newer version probably ver 1.7 or sorta in near future..
    08-31-09 12:16 AM
    Same issues as everyone else. Reboot and reinstall allowed me to upload one then all others immediately following fail. Permissions all set to "allow" on install. This is a frustrating problem; esp if you rarely touch a computer to upload photos.
    09-05-09 10:49 PM
    Try going to your desktop and getting the mobile email upload and just email it to Facebook. I had the same problem with one paticular photo and it worked well after the email method.

09-05-09 11:24 PM
    Does anyone know if this has been resolved? I am having the same problem and didn't realize others have been fighting this fight (yes I know search is a wonderful tool). Any help out there? It is hugely frustrating!

Danny
    09-09-09 10:36 AM
    My wife and I just upgraded our dumb phones to 2 new Tours. Hers can upload photos through the Facebook app, but mine cant. I've checked all of the software versions, and they are the same. I've uninstalled, rebooted, reinstalled, changed all permissions to allow, as recommended, and nothing works. I can email pics to Facebook through email app. Just wondering if there has been any headway in this issue?
    09-20-09 06:14 PM
    I'm also unable to upload photos from either the app or from media. Poo.
    09-24-09 01:09 AM
    Does anyone know where I can get this? Because seriously the photo thing is annoying the shiit outta me and I keep searching and searching and all I can find is links to facebook 1.6.
    Try downgrading to version 1.5.0.32 for a change. It works like a charm whereas the newer version 1.6+ had failed me many times.

Or u can wait for RIM to release a newer version probably ver 1.7 or sorta in near future..
    10-01-09 06:12 PM
    the same issue here my girlfriend can upload in her 8900 but i have 8310 i deleted this past week an i couls upload one now i can�t this is buggin me off
    10-01-09 08:21 PM
    Go to Options >Advanced Options >Applications. Highlight the Facebook application >Hit Menu >Edit Default Permissions. Set all three to "Allow"
    I have been searching and searching the web for weeks to resolve this and your suggestion is the only thing that fixed my problem . . thank you so much.
    11-27-09 05:44 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD