Hi,
    Firstly this isn't a huge deal, if I don't sort it I'll just buy a copy, but I won searchit on the cb comp recently and installed it. There's been no problems and its a brilliant app but I went to use it yesterday and it said 'trial over' and will not work?
    I'm a bit confused as I followed the cb instructions in their email, I placed the full copy in the basket and entered the code which took the price to zero and then I installed from the link. Its probably a case of user error on my part but where have I gone wrong?
    I've emailed the developer but had no reply so I'm a bit stuck, I'd love to get this app up and running again as I used it pretty much every day, as I said, for the sake of a few bucks I'll just buy a copy but if anyone knows what I've done wrong then I'd like to try that first

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-05-10 08:26 AM
    I had trouble with this too! Get your activation code from the CB email, open the Search It app, and then click on "search using". Scroll all the way down until you see options. Scroll all the way down again, enter the activation code, and then register.
    01-05-10 08:35 AM
    Thank you so much, I guessed it was going to be a user error, I'll give that a go now, thank you

01-05-10 09:08 AM
    It worked, thank you

01-05-10 09:26 AM
    Thanks for making the post!
    I was just scrolling around google to see if I could find the answer to this "problem"! Thanks again!
    01-07-10 03:37 AM
    Haha, good to see that I wasn't the only confused user that couldn't figure out how to activate the app! I had posted my question to the SearchIt Beta thread and even when the answer came forth, I was thinking "where in the F is this menu that you keep talking about?!" Then I realized that if you rotate through your engines with your BB menu key until you get to the last one, then click it, that will bring up the options menu. Clicking that last icon was the part I kept missing when I was looking for the menu; I had just thought it was another search engine the app had. Then scroll down the end of that resulting menu and it will give you the option to enter your activation code.
    01-07-10 08:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD