I just got my 8800 and have tried to use both opera mini 3.12 and the latest 4.0 versions but it doesnt work. For the 3.1 its does all the tests, and then says it cannot conect to the internet. And for the 4.0 it says "installing" until it loads all the way and then goes back to the screen that says it cannot connect to the internet.

I have gone into advanced options and into tcp and changed the apn to wap.voicestream.com as it says to do on the opera website for T-Mobile users. Can anyone help me out with this.
    02-03-08 12:38 AM
    Did you leave username and password blank? Do you have a data plan? The only two logical points of trouble are either incorrect APN settings, or the phone is not provisioned for internet access. If you are paying for a data plan, I suggest you talk to TMO.
    02-03-08 01:09 AM
    yes i have the blackberry unlimited data and email plan through tmobile
    02-03-08 01:28 AM
    Double check that you have wap.voicestream.com typed in the APN correctly. I've seen some people mistype this before. If it is then I would assume the problem lies with T-Mobile.
    02-03-08 01:48 AM
    yea i have it spelled correctly. i guess i will try to call tmobile tomorrow. its wierd bc i use the BB browser to download opera mini, and the opera says it cant connect i dont get it.
    02-03-08 02:36 AM
    ok, i just go off the phone with tmobile and apparently i had the 19.99 blackberry plan that was unlimited email and texting, and didnt include internet, even though i could still connect to the internet. neways, now i have the email and internet plan and had to add the 400 text plan. hopefully this will clear up all the problems.
    02-03-08 04:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD