I read these forums most everyday, but rarely post my opinions. Although, what has happened to my phone since App World warrants a post.

I am one of the .75 holdouts, for no better reason then my phone has worked great. I've had the phone since launch, updated from .65 via OTA to .75 when it was released. Throughout that entire time I've had almost no problems, not one random reboot, everything functioned the way it should. Sure, it wasn't as fast as it could be, there was still the memory leak, and the very occasional display issue. Nothing that my daily morning battery pull while in "The Office" didn't cure. Overall it was a very stable device.

Prior to installing App World I had:
    Google Maps
    Gmail
    Facebook
    Weather Bug

Since App World I added:
    Shazam
    Poynt

Since yesterday I've had two random reboots, the phone is definitely "slower", opening applications often takes more then one try (not responsive on first click), and display issues and more of a lag switching from landscape to portrait. I know my free app memory is fine (daily battery pull).

Again, prior to App World I had no issues with the device. Has anyone else experienced a decline in performance since installing App World? Please Share...

I'm now going to delete App World along with Shazam and Poynt, I'll post again later if this helps.

And lastly, I apologize for the long winded post, it took a while to finish my coffee.
    04-02-09 09:11 AM
    Whenever I install it my memory drops below 5. I've tried twice now and same thing both times. As soon as its odd its fine again. I'm also on .75

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-09 09:20 AM
    Weird, I have .113 and have gotten at least 6 apps from app world and I'm still runnin fine at 30 MB.
    04-02-09 09:24 AM
    Well there have been numerous threads about .75 not being able to handle App World, then again the same thing has been said about all the current OS's, beta and official. I guess it might be time for me to break into the beta world.
    04-02-09 09:34 AM
    App World installed, no problem. Memory=36.5MB

I was having problems recently with Bluetooth and backup errors and did a wipe and that resolved all the issues.
    04-02-09 09:46 AM
    Same on .78 - memory drops like a stone the moment you touch app world.
    04-02-09 09:46 AM
    Same on .78 - memory drops like a stone the moment you touch app world.
    running it with 39.9MB memory
    04-02-09 09:56 AM
    I have .113 and my app world works fine it probablyis .75 because my wife still has it, and the speed comparison between my phone and hers is crazy wish I would've upgraded sooner

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-09 10:38 AM
    running it with 39.9MB memory
    Certainly not about to bin App World. Have dumped some of the time waster stuff that I've downloaded recently to see if that makes any difference.
    04-02-09 10:48 AM
    Way To Go Rim!!!!
    04-02-09 10:54 AM
    After my initial post I went ahead and deleted App world, poynt, and shazam. The phone now seems "back to normal". The lag and unresponsiveness experienced after the install are now gone.

Unfortunately, I don't know if ti was App World, or on of the apps that caused the issues. Didn't have time to test now. I'll probably reinstall App World later, but for now there was nothing there I really wanted anyway.
    04-02-09 10:56 AM
    Smooth sailing (mostly ) at 28.6 and I also installed Poynt and Shazam.

Time to upgrade to .113 I'd say.

Good luck.

J.
    04-02-09 11:00 AM
    I wanted to clarify my OP. This issue wasn't about memory. My app mem started in the 30's initially after a battery pull and would leak to 20 by the end of the day, still more then enough to run smoothly. It did the same thing prior to installing App World.

My main concern was the random reboots I only saw after App World (never happened prior). The lag and unresponsiveness just added to the frustration.
    04-02-09 11:02 AM
    i have been having some lag problems the last few days. Deleted this app, now it seems smooth... hmmmm...
    04-02-09 11:06 AM
    Problems here.

I installed AW today.

First: Whenever i try and run AW it wont connect.
    Second: Im not receiving any BES emails nor can i send....

I dont know if the two are realted, but ive just contacted my IT to see if there is a problem on their end.
    04-02-09 11:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD