I've tried everything, but I cannot get Google Maps to lock onto my location via GPS. Only through cell tower triangulation.

I have an 8330. The GPS works beautifully and accurately with TeleNav (which I signed up for) and Blackberry Maps. I have done options/advanced options/GPS and set everything correctly.

I've searched these forums and done everything suggested, yet Google Maps will only give me my location within 3300 meters. It shows a spot about two miles away as my location.

TeleNav and BB Maps give me perfect locations via GPS while sitting in my living room. I went outside to my back yard (no obstructions) and Google Maps wouldn't use the GPS to lock onto my location.

Any suggestions? My buddy had Latitude working wonderfully this weekend with his Tour, and I really want to get Google Maps/Latitude/My Location working with the GPS, but I'm having NO success and getting more than a little frustrated.

Thanks.
    10-01-09 07:48 PM
    Not sure if this is the same issue for you, but I ran across this thread a few days ago. Sounds like some kind of an internal GPS recognition thing with carriers.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f41/goo...better-315332/
    10-02-09 09:53 PM
    I do know that as far as Verizon is concerned, the 8330 has it's gps locked. They do this so your force to buy their gps apps and can not use the free Google maps. Now this could be across all cdma carriers with 8330's. I'm not sure about Alltel, I've only seen this on VZ's 8330 thus far. How ever, there is a work-around to this if you so dare. A quick search will tell you alot more.
    10-02-09 10:15 PM
    This is an issue with the way that Google Maps interacts with the GPS receiver on the 8330. Google Maps has a hard time keeping a GPS lock.

There's nothing you can do about it unfortunately.
    10-03-09 08:22 AM
    Hey Behan, check this out: http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/gps...alltel-240766/

I can put version .160 and the new bbm 5.0 on the device for you Monday. Seems that .160 unlocks the gps. Did it on a few for folks in the office. Won't hurt and fixes some of the random reboots we had.

BTW, the ocean called, they're running out of shrimp. giddyup
    10-03-09 10:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD