Hi All,

This might have already been answered but I had trouble finding an answer. I'm having problems with disabling the Facebook notifications on my Blackberry Bold. I've unchecked the Notification option within the application, I disabled notifications for "Facebook� for BlackBerry� smartphones" on my Facebook settings, I've pulled the battery multiple times, and I've also reinstalled the Facebook application. Yet, the notifications are not disabled.

I would like to keep the Facebook application installed but have all my notifications just stay as regular emails and not have the Blackberry change them to notifications.

Any help on this problem would be great appreciated.

Thanks,
    Gregg

07-01-09 05:35 PM
    Delete the app and reinstall, choosing your options during setup.
    07-01-09 07:04 PM
    Delete the app and reinstall, choosing your options during setup.

I delete the Facebook application, pull the battery, go to Appworld to install it and it says "Reinstall Application" and when I choose that it does not go through the setup after it installs.

Should I go through the setup manually?
    07-01-09 07:43 PM
    You can manually run the setup wizard by hitting menu > options from the main screen of the app.

However, it's my experience that the facebook app actually grabs your incoming email notifications and translates them to facebook app notifications. In other words, to eliminate the app notifying you and just receive normal emails you will need to remove the app from your device.
    07-01-09 10:06 PM
    Also... app world sux so don't use it. Go to http://mobile.blackberry.com to grab the fb app download if you still need it
    07-01-09 10:07 PM
    Go to your Facebook app and logout and the emails will go to your messages folder as emails rather than the Facebook app as notifications.

However I don't think that will solve your problem either as with it logged out you won't be able to do anything within the app.
    07-02-09 06:19 AM
    Also... app world sux so don't use it. Go to http://mobile.blackberry.com to grab the fb app download if you still need it
    totally agreed with you, App world suxxx (they only provides old version)

i think in this respect, apple is better managing this kind of thing
    07-02-09 06:37 AM
    Heres my scenerio. Please help. THis is very frustrating.

ANyways, heres the deal. GOt a new Storm. Set up facebook with my yahoo email. Let me just say prior to my phone I got notifications on my PC for facebook. When I set facebook up on my storm, i got 2 notifications saying "Getting Started" and one other. Since then I receive no notifications when someone messages me or comments on my wall. I dont even get emailed to my yahoo account anymore for facebook notifications. I checked the settings on both the PC facebook and storm facebook and everything is on for "receiving notificatons". Any ideas? Thanks
    07-02-09 08:04 AM
    I'm having the same issue.

I have facebook set up and my Yahoo account.

I do not receive in my Yahoo email icon, any emails from facebook, just in the facebook application.

Therefore, when I log into my Yahoo account from home, I have 20 brand new facebook emails that I have to go in and delete!

It would be nice if these new emails actually were sent to my bold so I could delete then as they come in...

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jay
    07-15-09 11:49 PM
    I'm having the same issue.

I have facebook set up and my Yahoo account.

I do not receive in my Yahoo email icon, any emails from facebook, just in the facebook application.

Therefore, when I log into my Yahoo account from home, I have 20 brand new facebook emails that I have to go in and delete!

It would be nice if these new emails actually were sent to my bold so I could delete then as they come in...

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jay
    Stumbled across this whilst searching for answers to something else........

In your FB app hit: Menu/Options and scroll down to uncheck the box saying 'Leave email notification messages on mail server'.

This way your PC's inbox won't get overloaded with the FB messages. Works fine most of the time for me....but every now & then one gets through.
    07-17-09 12:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD