I've been watching this thread develop and find it interesting.

My Curve 9300 came with version 1.9 of FB, and I stupidly updated it. I had nothing but trouble, so I searched for ages and finally found a working link to the old 1.9 version and I posted it on here.

Over time, people have had various issues with FB, I have had none.

Just got a Curve 9320 and logged into FB on it. Didn't like it at all. So I deleted the app and installed the old 1.9 version and its absolutely fine.

The 9300 was OS6, and the 9320 is OS7.1. It works on both OS packages.

Don't suppose that will help any of you with your issues, but just to let you all know these things don't affect the old FB app.
    Ange.
    07-07-12 02:55 AM
    Everything is okay now, the notifications also work perfectly.
    07-07-12 07:05 AM
    Everything is okay now, the notifications also work perfectly.
    Yes things worked last night for a few hours. Now back to no notifications. I am hearing the same thing from users around the world. Notifications worked for a few hours then once again stopped. Blackberry is apparently claiming this to be something on the Facebook API end...
    07-07-12 12:22 PM
    I am having issues on FB on a Bold 9780 and Playbook. What I noticed:

a) Since I am no longer using the FB website but only the apps, I get 'reminders' of facebook that I am missing friends stories (and they add revenues)

b) Every 1-2 weeks both FB apps can not log in any longer with diffrent error messages

c) After a login to the Facebook web page things turn back to normal, I can sign in in the app and receive a mail that I logged into FB using a app (like a first time user)

This has repeated now itself three to four times making me assume that FB is searching for ways how to move users to their website instead of only getting used to the phone/ tablet apps with no add revenues.
    07-12-12 02:06 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD