Since I've had my tour and installed Google Maps I can never seem to get it to pinpoint my exact location. Its always saying that my location is within XXXX meters and its awaiting for the GPS and it never works. Then it sometimes locks up. Never had this problem on my 8330. I've even tried to uninstall and reinstall no luck. If anyone could help me out here I would gladly appreciate it. Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-06-09 10:28 PM
    It will not work currently with the Tour. This has been covered extensively on this board. Do a search next time please.
    09-06-09 10:30 PM
    so what is used for looking up places and getting directions?
    09-06-09 10:31 PM
    For me google maps gives me the within xxxx meters read out too however if I zoom in it's my exact location so I don't think it's a problem on all tours.
    09-06-09 10:40 PM
    Scott.jeffreys can you please post the link where I can find this information? I've tried searching before and found nothing.

09-06-09 11:01 PM
    It will not work currently with the Tour. This has been covered extensively on this board. Do a search next time please.
    where did you read this? GPS works perfect in google maps for me...
    09-06-09 11:03 PM
    Since I've had my tour and installed Google Maps I can never seem to get it to pinpoint my exact location. Its always saying that my location is within XXXX meters and its awaiting for the GPS and it never works. Then it sometimes locks up. Never had this problem on my 8330. I've even tried to uninstall and reinstall no luck. If anyone could help me out here I would gladly appreciate it. Thanks.

Have you verified that you have location on in the options for your gps? On the main home screen, your gps icon should have three curved lines next to it, if it doesnt you need to go to the gps options, i believe in the advanced pane, and set it to location on.
    09-06-09 11:12 PM
    This has been covered elsewhere in the forums. Google Maps does not work with the GPS on Sprint Tours, but it does on Verizon Tours.
    09-07-09 12:21 AM
    What is it that the Sprint Tours don't have the Verizon 1s do?

Dimachka: yes all of those options are enabled on the phone. I have the sprint version of the tour.

09-07-09 12:36 AM
    Scott.jeffreys can you please post the link where I can find this information? I've tried searching before and found nothing.

to make a long story short, it's the GPS firmware Sprint uses. It's an issue Goodle needs to address. A similar issue happened with Poynt and it was fixed by the developer. Just hang tight, hopefully it will be fixed soon by Google.
    09-07-09 01:15 AM
    This is what I posted few days ago and I solve the problem already, please check.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/pr...e-maps-308345/

Anyway after you appear on the screen for a while, it seems that you are not moving anywhere and it shows updating location....... sometimes it moves and not move.....will solve this problem very soon.....Let me try.
    09-07-09 09:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD